Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

amojeba

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered mine too. Black 16GB thru VZW. Expected to ship by 10/28.
We'll see.....I'm coming from Android, so this will be an interesting experience.

bphelminski

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on 10/18 through VZW. Black 64GB. Initially it said expected shipping date of 10/21. Then yesterday it changed to 10/28. But, tonight I got an email saying that it has shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. So, hopefully something like that plays out for everyone else.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Pre-Ordered a black 16gb iPhone 4GS from AT&T corporate store the evening of 10/7. AT&T order status has gone from "In Progress" to back-ordered...with no tracking or statement of shipment.

Same BS as last year with the iPhone 4 launch!! :(

AT&T blames Apple for not shipping the phones...Apple blames AT&T for botching the launch.

I don't care who's to blame...I just want my damn phone!!!

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Pre-Ordered a black 16gb iPhone 4GS from AT&T corporate store the evening of 10/7. AT&T order status has gone from "In Progress" to back-ordered...with no tracking or statement of shipment.

Same BS as last year with the iPhone 4 launch!! :(

AT&T blames Apple for not shipping the phones...Apple blames AT&T for botching the launch.

I don't care who's to blame...I just want my damn phone!!!

I pre-ordered a 16GB white 4S 30 minutes after my local AT&T store opened. My order was immediately listed as backordered. As of last night the backordered column changed from 1 to 0, hopefully will get a shipping notification soon. I never had a problem when pre-ordering my 3GS or 4 from the B&M before, but after this I'll never do it again. This is definitely AT&T's fault, not Apple.

Edit - Add it has been shipped, scheduled for delivery for tomorrow.

Last edited:

teejaywhy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ordered my white 32GB from Apple.com yesterday, hoping to avoid all of the launch traffic. Looks like maybe I didn't wait long enough.

It says it will deliver November 1-8. I can wait, but I'm not sure that my husband can. I talked him into hating his Blackberry Torch, so now he wants my 3GS. Which means that I needed a new iPhone! (Yes, I am evil.) :D

Hagan#1

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a white 16gb and a black 16gb from the iPhone app at&t upgrader on 10-14-2011 and still showing backordered. After the order was placed it then showed it will take 21 to 28 days to ship. Wow

I hope it ships earlier than that.
I will never order one online or on the phone again.
Not happy with AT&T on this deal.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If AT&TS customer service could not tell me exactly when my phone was going to be shipped, I would cancel the order, have them refund my credit card, and buy it locally.

mozart1756

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got my FedEx tracking number. My iPhone will be delivered tomorrow the 21st by 3pm!!! :eek::D:D
I'll have all weekend to get it set up just right.

Don't despair. When your order goes out of backorder status, everything happens really fast.

(Forgot to mention that I have not received any emails yet saying that it has shipped. This is what the AT&T order status page is showing.)

Last edited:

George 4s

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Back when I first placed my pre-order late I received an email stating my phones would arrive on the 21st.

Well on Tuesday the 18th received an email that my order was being processed then a few hours later another email that the phones had shipped. They shipped from Memphis TN Fed-Ex next day air and I received them on Wednesday the 19th.

Overall I'm pleased with the pre-order process and the new phones of course. :D

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a black iPhone4s from Verizon 16gb and am waiting on it to ship. Shows a ship date of next Friday, 10/28. I paid the few dollars extra for Saturday shipping.

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
AT&T really is just not so great in all of this. Ordered my 16gb white 4S on the 8th at 9am, and my order is still backordered. Doesn't really make sense how Sprint and Verizon orders are going out, but not AT&T.

cjfduke

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just have to add my frustrations to this thread...

Ordered a 32gb black 4S in a local AT&T store on October 7th...still backordered. The sales rep assured me I should get it by launch, obviously that was not based on fact. When I called AT&T earlier today, the guy only gave me a 21-28 day delivery estimate! Wouldn't budge off anything but that number. Why did I go through the hassle of preordering a week in advance if I can't get my phone within 2 weeks of actual launch?? I needed this phone before I leave for vacation this coming Thursday, I never would have imagined not having it by then. Never EVER going through ATT again to order anything.

just to add: my boss ordered his 32gb black 4S thru Verizon on Saturday (the 15th). He received it on Tuesday. Love it...

Hagan#1

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Just have to add my frustrations to this thread...

Ordered a 32gb black 4S in a local AT&T store on October 7th...still backordered. The sales rep assured me I should get it by launch, obviously that was not based on fact. When I called AT&T earlier today, the guy only gave me a 21-28 day delivery estimate! Wouldn't budge off anything but that number. Why did I go through the hassle of preordering a week in advance if I can't get my phone within 2 weeks of actual launch?? I needed this phone before I leave for vacation this coming Thursday, I never would have imagined not having it by then. Never EVER going through ATT again to order anything.

just to add: my boss ordered his 32gb black 4S thru Verizon on Saturday (the 15th). He received it on Tuesday. Love it...

Hey when they told you 21 to 28 days, was that from the date you ordered it or was that from today??

cjfduke

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey when they told you 21 to 28 days, was that from the date you ordered it or was that from today??

From the ordered date -- although he gave me that answer without asking for any of my specific order information although I told him when I ordered. I'm assuming they are telling their reps to say that to everyone, so I have little confidence in receiving the phone anytime soon. I am going to the store I ordered from after I leave my office to see if they can give me any other info.

jjcasillas15

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered a black 16g iPhone 4s thru VZW... Website says it will be shipped on 10/28! Tried buying it locally but it is sold out everywhere...

mick01421

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from ATT B&M on 10/7 approx 1pm CDT. I was getting a little annoyed that we still had no information and that one of the local apple stores happen to have stock sitting in their store. well, that and all the mass amounts of contradicting information in this and other forum threads. i had finally decided to go to the att store tomorrow to try to cancel my order and just go pick it up at the apple store.

I was trying to reserve an appt with the apple store to go pick up a phone tomorrow, but their site is getting hammered. so while i was waiting i checked my order status and it has changed from back-ordered! i don't yet have tracking info, but this is better than nothing.

so, the point is, keep your chins up. hopefully it will come soon, or that you can cancel your orders and just go pick one up locally.

and apparently it doesn't hurt to start to threaten to purchase the device elsewhere ;)

cjfduke

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
From the ordered date -- although he gave me that answer without asking for any of my specific order information although I told him when I ordered. I'm assuming they are telling their reps to say that to everyone, so I have little confidence in receiving the phone anytime soon. I am going to the store I ordered from after I leave my office to see if they can give me any other info.

UPDATE: Just checked and I have tracking information and my phone is expected to arrive in the store on Monday. Hopefully a good sign for those who ordered on the first day and haven't received it yet.

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Just checked and I have tracking information and my phone is expected to arrive in the store on Monday. Hopefully a good sign for those who ordered on the first day and haven't received it yet.
I wonder if thats just for the people who ordered sometime after the 6pm cutoff on the 7th, since mine still hasn't shipped and I got mine first thing on the 8th.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR