Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

Ric0chet

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
For those who got screwed by AT&T on their pre-orders - a story for you:

I pre-ordered on the 7th, right when pre-orders began. I thought all was well, but turned out there was a problem since my credit card fraud alert got triggered. AT&T didn't email me about this, I only found out a few days later, corrected it, thought all was well. Wrong. Turned out that my order got put at 'the back of the line' at that point. After a few calls to various CSRs this AM, I decided to stop by my local AT&T store at around 10:30a.

Amazingly, almost no line. I was in the door within 5 minutes. They were able to cancel my online order and get me set up with a phone. They had plenty of phones in stock, too. So, got my 64gb black 4s, did an iCloud restore, and am making use of the extra space to put the rest of my iTunes library on the phone now.

Soooo, if your AT&T phone is showing as backordered, you might make a trip to your local AT&T store and see what they can do for you .....

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
5:15 PM EST. Still no phone. I wonder if I have time to search the Internet for directions on how to build a driveway alarm, scrap any retired electronics for parts, assemble and install it before UPS gets here. Probably...

aerotechboy

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
5:15 PM EST. Still no phone. I wonder if I have time to search the Internet for directions on how to build a driveway alarm, scrap any retired electronics for parts, assemble and install it before UPS gets here. Probably...

lol.. same here.. 519pm Bronx, NY and nothing. When this ups guy comes with my phone.. i will give him the bad look while signing .. lol:mad::mad:

btw, what time is the last run of deliveries?

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it's like the week before Christmas; they just keep going till they're done. Well, we're not going to be able to activate anyway, without a huge wait, so whatever. I guess I'll just have fun putting different cases on it!

Munchster

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
lol.. same here.. 519pm Bronx, NY and nothing. When this ups guy comes with my phone.. i will give him the bad look while signing .. lol:mad::mad:

btw, what time is the last run of deliveries?

UPS's website says that they deliver between 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM, and sometimes later.
My phone has been "out for delivery" since 5:40 AM today, and here it is almost 12 hours later and still nothing.

mozart1756

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone wishing they hadn't pre-ordered and just went to the store this morning? I am still waiting for UPS and I could have been playing with my phone for hours now! :)

I wish I hadn't preordered. I went to the store around 2 pm today and they still had 32 & 64 GB units available. I tried to see if I could get my preorder cancelled but they said I would have to buy the phone in the store for FULL non-subsidized price since I already started my account. Screw that and I left.

Still on backorder, pending shipment, blah, blah, blah..:mad:

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Just went to Target in AZ, they only had Verizon phones, but they are picking up an ATT one for me from a nearby store ! Approx 2:30 here

lisabeanee

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Preordered Verizon on Sunday Oct. 9th

I preordered my white 32g iPhone 4s on Sunday, October 9th at 12pm from the Verizon store. I have checked daily to see my order status; so far it just has a blank spot for tracking #. Anyone else order after the 7th and heard anything about shipping? Mine says in the email I received, that it will be delivered by Oct. 21st (I hope it'll come sooner!).

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
For those who got screwed by AT&T on their pre-orders - a story for you:

I pre-ordered on the 7th, right when pre-orders began. I thought all was well, but turned out there was a problem since my credit card fraud alert got triggered. AT&T didn't email me about this, I only found out a few days later, corrected it, thought all was well. Wrong. Turned out that my order got put at 'the back of the line' at that point. After a few calls to various CSRs this AM, I decided to stop by my local AT&T store at around 10:30a.

Amazingly, almost no line. I was in the door within 5 minutes. They were able to cancel my online order and get me set up with a phone. They had plenty of phones in stock, too. So, got my 64gb black 4s, did an iCloud restore, and am making use of the extra space to put the rest of my iTunes library on the phone now.

Soooo, if your AT&T phone is showing as backordered, you might make a trip to your local AT&T store and see what they can do for you .....

I tried to go into the store. The guys there definitely said that they can't cancel pre-orders, so you got lucky.

lfc38663

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I wish I hadn't preordered. I went to the store around 2 pm today and they still had 32 & 64 GB units available. I tried to see if I could get my preorder cancelled but they said I would have to buy the phone in the store for FULL non-subsidized price since I already started my account. Screw that and I left.

Still on backorder, pending shipment, blah, blah, blah..:mad:

yeah me to, cant believe that we have to wait 21-28 days

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Finally! The UPS guy says "You haven't been waiting on me have you? This is the last one of these left to deliver today!"

jenphilluk

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting in Seattle. My tracking info says Exception, but I have called UPS and they say it's on the truck. I'm getting worried. Does anyone have experience with UPS delivering a package without the online tracking progress showing it out for delivery?

:confused:I know you feel my pain! LOL!:confused:

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Saw a UPS truck drive past me around 3PM. I never saw it again as of 6:30. Tracking still says "Out for Delivery" and I've gone nuts checking my door for the notice.