Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
mine says 2 day shipping and they still havent updated it yet idk if they are just lying to us or if it really will be monday. that would suck...

Yes it would, I don't think they are lying because why would UPS not update the tracking info. I just don't know why they would either not ship out overnight or send them today so we could have them on the 14th.

erniegon1

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
UGH! Ordered My iPhone 4S White 16GB For Sprint From Apple.com Saturday at 11am! BUT.......... It says I wont be here till 1-2 WEEKS! AHH! Still Says Processing Items........

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes it would, I don't think they are lying because why would UPS not update the tracking info. I just don't know why they would either not ship out overnight or send them today so we could have them on the 14th.

well the order page says we can expect them the 14th or 15th. so i dont know why they wouldnt ship them out either since all the other carriers are. Also it says that the ups page might not update till the 14th. I hope were not getting played.

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
People who ordered from Sprint like myself, keep this in mind. This was included in the confirmation email you received.

"Shipping your pre-orderWe know you are dying to get your hands on it. We'll charge your card for your phone today and your iPhone will be waiting in our warehouse with your name on it. Excluding extreme circumstances, we'll do our best to get it to you Friday, Oct. 14 or Saturday, Oct. 15. During the pre-order period, we will send you a shipping email and tracking number. Your tracking number included may not be updated until Friday, Oct. 14. Questions? Visit sprint.com/preorder."

So just because it doesn't update on UPS site right away doesn't necessarily mean it won't be here on Friday.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site

Everyone that has recently received their tracking info from UPS and doesn't have any tracking updates is because:

a) UPS hasn't performed the origin scan yet at their facility (which will happen soon).
b) UPS has a huge backlog of tracking data, so it's taking longer than normal to update the tracking info

Don't worry, you will have your device by the 14th; there is no reason to worry. I work in the shipping business.

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
People who ordered from Sprint like myself, keep this in mind. This was included in the confirmation email you received.

"Shipping your pre-orderWe know you are dying to get your hands on it. We'll charge your card for your phone today and your iPhone will be waiting in our warehouse with your name on it. Excluding extreme circumstances, we'll do our best to get it to you Friday, Oct. 14 or Saturday, Oct. 15. During the pre-order period, we will send you a shipping email and tracking number. Your tracking number included may not be updated until Friday, Oct. 14. Questions? Visit sprint.com/preorder."

So just because it doesn't update on UPS site right away doesn't necessarily mean it won't be here on Friday.

understood. but i want to know if i need to be sitting at my house all day friday. or if i can actually do something productive o_O

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
understood. but i want to know if i need to be sitting at my house all day friday. or if i can actually do something productive o_O

Yeah I know the feeling. I'm also hoping it updates soon because I need to change the delivery address to my work since I'm not going to be home that day.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Everyone that has recently received their tracking info from UPS and doesn't have any tracking updates is because:

a) UPS hasn't performed the origin scan yet at their facility (which will happen soon).
b) UPS has a huge backlog of tracking data, so it's taking longer than normal.

Don't worry, you will have your device by the 14th. I work in the shipping business.

I have a best friend thats worked as a delivery driver for UPS for 14 years. It honestly doesn't sound like these phones are arriving on the 14th from word of mouth. And Apple, and the carriers had no way to predict the 1million sales on pre-orders. UPS is awesome about there tracking. Tracking information is updated from the time the package is picked up from the original manufacturer. To many orders said shipping 14th through 21st too. Sadly the pre-order Iphone4S kind of failed this year.

SteelGreek

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a best friend thats worked as a delivery driver for UPS for 14 years. It honestly doesn't sound like these phones are arriving on the 14th from word of mouth. And Apple, and the carriers had no way to predict the 1million sales on pre-orders. UPS is awesome about there tracking. Tracking information is updated from the time the package is picked up from the original manufacturer. To many orders said shipping 14th through 21st too. Sadly the pre-order Iphone4S kind of failed this year.

I'm still optimistic about receiving my phone on the 14th just like everything Verizon has and has continued to tell me. I also think its too early to call the pre-order a fail since it is not yet the 14th and everything is really speculations. For sure there are some exceptions which have been noted (seemingly mostly with AT&T but those might just stick out more to me).

I really think deliveries will occur much later into the evening on the 14th so that all carriers involved along with UPS/FEDEX can save face by saying they delivered on the correct date... 11pm on the 14th is still the 14th

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Someone just said they spoke with Sprint and that all packages are being picked up for delivery tomorrow which I belive to be true. UPS says a label has been created and that's it, if they had it it would say transfered to ups facility and that's all if they didn't want to update it for whatever reason. If they are picked up tomorrow that means they will not arrive until the 18th because UPS does not offer a Saturday shipment I think, and even if they did I should not have to wait one day over the launch considering they have had my $300 for a week as unlike on other carriers we were charged the day we pre-ordered. There have been no extreme circumstances other than as always Sprint is extremely sucky lol

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
i looked at the ups website and it says that 2nd day air is end of second business day so if they ship out thursday morning then they will be there by sometime end of day friday.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
Tracking information is updated from the time the package is picked up from the original manufacturer.

I was speaking for people who ordered from VerizonWireless.com, should have mentioned that. :)

But anyways, yes tracking info is updated when the package is picked up. Most Verizon orders today have been shipped out via UPS 2nd Day air, they will be picked up tonight and will be shipped out. Making for a 14th delivery. Remaining orders (that made the deadline of 6PM on the 7th) will probably be shipped UPS Next Day Air or FedEx Priority Overnight.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i looked at the ups website and it says that 2nd day air is end of second business day so if they ship out thursday morning then they will be there by sometime end of day friday.

I did also but how do you figure this when 13th and 14th are one day apart? I order online all the time, if something is shipped overnight it is recieved the next day i.e. if it is picked up for shipment on the 13th it would be delivered on the 14th since it would be sent overnight 2 day it would arrive on the 15th if they delivered on Saturday but since that isn't an option in will be Monday the 17th though I think it might be columbus day so that would mean it would be Tuesday the 18th for delivery. I am on the phone with Sprint right now and if they can't give me a for sure on the 14th I am canceling my order right now and in all honesty probably bite the bullet and pay the ETF and cancel every one of my lines and go elsewhere, this will be the last straw with them.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
I did also but how do you figure this when 13th and 14th are one day apart? I order online all the time, if something is shipped overnight it is recieved the next day i.e. if it is picked up for shipment on the 13th it would be delivered on the 14th since it would be sent overnight 2 day it would arrive on the 15th if they delivered on Saturday but since that isn't an option in will be Monday the 17th though I think it might be columbus day so that would mean it would be Tuesday the 18th for delivery. I am on the phone with Sprint right now and if they can't give me a for sure on the 14th I am canceling my order right now and in all honesty probably bite the bullet and pay the ETF and cancel every one of my lines and go elsewhere, this will be the last straw with them.

Have you received your tracking number?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR