Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

chriscoleman

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Typically, Verizon uses Fedex. or that has been my experience in the past. When Verizon released the iPhone4, I received mine via Fedex two days before the official release. I can't help but wonder if the pre release date deliveries with the iPhne 4 had something to do with the iPhone 4S being shipped via UPS... Food for thought...

N557NW

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who used flightaware.com, how can I track plane my package is going to be on/ is currently on?

You would have to know the route it is taking. Say your iPhone is coming via FedEx and you live in Minneapolis and your package shows a departure scan in Memphis, simply go to FlightAware and enter the departure city and arrival city in the boxes. Then, look for a flight departing that's reasonably close to the time you have for a departure scan.

Reactions: ballerx44

cjsiii

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
if you look to the right 4 rows over of where it sais "in progress" does it show 1 item under back order?

Nope. It says its in progress and zero backorder. This is what my order status says...

1Various SIM
n ProgressPop up
Pending Shipment

FREIGHT

In ProgressPop up

Pending Shipment

Apple IPH 4S 32GB BLK PHONE

In ProgressPop up

Pending Shipment

wolfnuke

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who used flightaware.com, how can I track plane my package is going to be on/ is currently on?

Hover over "Live Flight Tracking" on the menu on the left at the top, and choose "Browse by Operator"
Scroll through the list or enter in "FDX" or "UPS" without the "" in the box and click "View Airborne Flights". You will just have to guess which is yours based off the origin and destination. Clicking on the flight number in the "Ident" column will bring up that individual flight.

It will show all flights by whichever carrier you chose, just be aware that sometimes they will use other freight carriers when they have a higher demand than their company fleet can handle so it may not show up.

Gushue

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Also when I talked to ATT about pre-order (I eventually ordered through Apple) They said Applecare+ required a serial number to process. I'm guessing that the fact that my Applecare+ order is completed means that somewhere out there my 4s is waiting as anxiously for me as I am for it...

ballerx44

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
You would have to know the route it is taking. Say your iPhone is coming via FedEx and you live in Minneapolis and your package shows a departure scan in Memphis, simply go to FlightAware and enter the departure city and arrival city in the boxes. Then, look for a flight departing that's reasonably close to the time you have for a departure scan.

What if it's in Hong Kong and I live in LA?

sabesh#WN

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered two white 16GB 4S phones and one 16GB white ipad2 at 1am oct 7 from apple.ca. I have shipping info for the ipad2 saying delivery by the 14th but it is almost here according to the tracking info, the iphones still say preparing for shipping anyone else in canada have any info for the iphone shippping yet? I am wondering if they didnt just ship them all together and when they get here fri it will be a big surprise everything in one box.

Mine says "Processing". Ordered at 5:30am, Oct 7th from Apple.ca

ballerx44

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
***CORRECTION**
UPS Tracking info:
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 10/13/2011 1:30 A.M. Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, China 10/12/2011 11:50 P.M. Departure Scan
10/12/2011 7:39 P.M. Origin Scan
China 10/12/2011 11:06 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

What would I look for in Flightaware?

TIckbaby

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain this, this is the list of my status'.

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/

-Pre-Order

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/ - MOBILE VERSION

-Processing

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status

Various SIM - Shipped (with a tracking number)
FREIGHT - Shipped (with a tracking number)
Apple IPH 4S 64GB WHT PHONE - Shipped (with a tracking number)

Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from UPS

->>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

I haven't received an email from Apple or AT&T saying it's offically shipped. I'm so confused.

markjbon22

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I placed my order through Apple. Order still shows "Processing Item". I contacted Apple and was informed that my black iphone 4s will arrive on 10/14/2011. I asked "how it if it hasn't even shipped?" they said Apple orders placed through them are "guaranteed to arrive on 10/14 (if that was your original quoted arrival time). even if the item hasn't shipped yet, Apple will cover any costs to ensure it arrives for 10/14". I hope this is true because the fact that my phone hasn't even shipped is very bothersome. Don't know if thats true or not but I hope so...

Reactions: Mmmpppccc

N557NW

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
***CORRECTION**
UPS Tracking info:
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 10/13/2011 1:30 A.M. Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, China 10/12/2011 11:50 P.M. Departure Scan
10/12/2011 7:39 P.M. Origin Scan
China 10/12/2011 11:06 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

What would I look for in Flightaware?

Try searching for UPS flights from Hong Kong to Anchorage first. You likely wouldn't know which one it is on until after your package shows a departure scan in Hong Kong

jodime

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Typically, Verizon uses Fedex. or that has been my experience in the past. When Verizon released the iPhone4, I received mine via Fedex two days before the official release. I can't help but wonder if the pre release date deliveries with the iPhne 4 had something to do with the iPhone 4S being shipped via UPS... Food for thought...

I contacted Verizon asking to change my shipping address to my office (they wouldn't let me enter a company name when I ordered it but wouldn't let me continue without it) and this was the opening of the response:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. At this time your Internet Order Reference Number 12345678900000 has been received. Your estimated delivery time is 10/14/2011. To track your package, please visit FedEx.

I've been trying the fedex reference number trick all day in absence of an actual tracking number and no luck. Also tried UPS reference trick an no luck.

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I placed my order through Apple. Order still shows "Processing Item". I contacted Apple and was informed that my black iphone 4s will arrive on 10/14/2011. I asked "how it if it hasn't even shipped?" they said Apple orders placed through them are "guaranteed to arrive on 10/14 (if that was your original quoted arrival time). even if the item hasn't shipped yet, Apple will cover any costs to ensure it arrives for 10/14". I hope this is true because the fact that my phone hasn't even shipped is very bothersome. Don't know if thats true or not but I hope so...

Go to UPS.com, cluck tracking, then track by reference. Take the order number Apple gave you, remove the last two digits, and paste that as a resource number, then put United States and your zip and see if it might have shipped. My status on apple.com is still "preparing for shipment", but the phones actually on its way to kentucky

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey dadman and anyone else who ordered from apple and has a status of still processing- I just called apple. They looked up where my phone was shipping from and it's shipping from Pennsylvania, not china. She said I should get a tracking number today or tomorrow for Friday delivery.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I ordered Friday (day 1) and I used apple.com

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

ok.. then my theory is right.. Those that ordered from their carriers, the phones are here in the warehouses so they are not travelling as far (so they do not have far to go thus shipping out after those from apple) as those who ordered from apple.com. Those are coming from China, farther distance so shipping before the others (and it's apple too so..). Kinda explains why those of us who ordered from our carriers are not seeing much activity other than receiving our tracking numbers. I assume we will see activity tomorrow when the majority go out.

cjsiii

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
ok.. then my theory is right.. Those that ordered from their carriers, the phones are here in the warehouses so they are not travelling as far (so they do not have far to go thus shipping out after those from apple) as those who ordered from apple.com. Those are coming from China, farther distance so shipping before the others (and it's apple too so..). Kinda explains why those of us who ordered from our carriers are not seeing much activity other than receiving our tracking numbers. I assume we will see activity tomorrow when the majority go out.

I agree. I ordered at 9AM from ATT and on their website, I did see that new Iphone orders would ship Oct 13

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro