Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

cjsiii

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have not received a tracking number yet but, has anyone checked their status through ATT and does it say "Backordered"? Mine says "In Process" but does not say "Backordered"
I was going to post a picture but I guess i cant.

TIckbaby

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have not received a tracking number yet but, has anyone checked their status through ATT and does it say "Backordered"? Mine says "In Process" but does not say "Backordered"

That's what mine says, use the link in an earlier post of mine, it might be sent already, or getting ready to send.

Gushue

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ordered my 64GB White 4s through Apple Friday evening. IT still says processing but recently changed
to: Delivers Oct 14th via

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ordered through Verizon I am order number 5xxx and I have received a tracking number FINALLY..it says ups second day air...my iPhone 4 came next day air...I hope I get it Friday

rottguy22

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I just checked on my 32GB black 4s and the VZW site says it shipped 10/11 and I received a tracking number this morning. I called UPS and they said that they didn't have that tracking number in their system, so they don't think they have the package yet. So I called VZW to find out. They said that it was actually shipped today and that the tracking information should show up on the UPS website later on tonight.

ostrich

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Selected WIRELESS and entered my phone number, it's telling me my order is shipped but when I put in the tracking number to UPS it says:

>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

All this means is that the shipping label has been generated on ATT's end but the info hasn't been sent to UPS yet. Once UPS gets the info their site will say that the label has been generated, but it won't start tracking until UPS actually picks it up.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
At least one customer has received their iPhone 4S in the mail, ordered from Verizon, a full two days before it is set to go on sale. AppleInsider reader Casey Calouette sent along photos of his brand new iPhone 4S, received in the mail on Wednesday.

source
delivery-111012-1.jpg

1stiphone

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

if you look to the right 4 rows over of where it sais "in progress" does it show 1 item under back order?

eclipse31

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Fibber!

Well, the woman at Apple fibbed a bit. I did just get a tracking number -- but my phone is coming direct from China like most everyone else. ETA Friday by end of day. Unfortunately, UPS usually delivers mid to late afternoon around these parts.

Update on my 32gb black Sprint iPhone from apple.com. I called them about it being stuck on preparing for shipment for several days. After staying on hold for a fair amount of time, I was assured that there will be no problem getting it on-time (Friday) as they believed my phone was in or near the metro area where I live. She indicated that Apple is having a data entry crunch getting everyone's tracking in, and wouldn't be surprised if people get their phones before seeing a tracking number on apple.com. Thought I'd share, for what it's worth. YMMV. :)

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
ok.. from what I am gathering here from people's posts at least with Sprint ( I assume the other carriers) is that they already have the phones here in their warehouses in the US so that is why most haven't shipped because of they are 1-2 days away.. Whereas the orders from Apple are actually coming from where they were made (in China) so those are shipping first due to the longer distance to the receiver of the phones.

Is this possible you think?

TIckbaby

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
All this means is that the shipping label has been generated on ATT's end but the info hasn't been sent to UPS yet. Once UPS gets the info their site will say that the label has been generated, but it won't start tracking until UPS actually picks it up.

Ok, I just hope I get the damn thing at least by Friday, the rep from Premier told me there was no device for my order or something, but it's not back ordered. Didn't quite understand that one.

davidmets

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my tracking number from Verizon but when I enter it in in UPS it states that >>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.>>>

Not sure what that means but it says it was shipped yesterday on the Verizon order status page, assuming that it has probably shipped but hasn't reached a destination yet.......anyone else have the same problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods