Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

2sshafer5

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my phone at 730am est on Saturday and when I ordered it stated that I would receive my iphone the 14th! Email says the 14th as well. Now when I view my order on the vzw website it says 21st. I hope that's not the case! :(

On top of all this VZW's website is down when you try to view your order...anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

Mmmpppccc

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Waiting and Watching

I am wearing out my ipad2 constantly checking 5 windows....apple, verizon, ups and my credit card, and of course this forum. Lots of checking. Not much action. :confused:

White 32gb added new line to verizon family plan ordered online with Apple Friday approx 6am eastern. Status has been "preparing to ship" for a couple of days.

Black 16gb discounted upgrade on same family plan ordered via Apple approx 6pm. Status still shows processing. Ordered later because I wasn't able to order two and then couldn't get back to a computer all day.

My credit card temporary holds have dropped -- likely due to the time lapsed per posring above. Nothing on UPS using order phone number or upgrading cell number. Verizon account still shows the phone upgrade eligible and doesn't show a new line. the nice lady at 800APPLE verified all was well but had no inside tips.

We are a big mac family but these are our first iphones. I am giving up my free work bberry for the ip4s. My son is dropping his Droid so he can have itunes and siri and be cool. My daughter who is away at college and not yet upgrade elibible is gonna kill us when she comes home next week and siri is running the house for us.

Can't wait to meet siri (who will probably track any future apple purchases for us). Fun to read everyone's updates. Good luck to all!

zaidc

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
For all Canadian shoppers who bought it from Apples website it said Ships by Oct14. I talked to Apple today and they said they won't be shipping them until the 14th. Kinda sucks. I ordered a white 16GB, have any Canadians got any shipping info??

keithjk

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke with a Verizon rep via their live chat feature on Verizonwireless.com. She indicated that it will ship from their facility on 10/14/11 via overnight shipping and would not arrive at my house on the 14th. So that kind of kills my hopes of receiving it this weekend. If someone can get any better info I would love to hear it.

I just spoke with a Verizon rep and got the same story. Asked why the email confirmation (and other advertisements) stated that it would be shipped to arrive on 10/14/2011 and she said that it would not ship until the 14. Told her that was unacceptable, and she said that information just went out in the last day or two.

I asked her why this was being changed (and at first she said it wasn't a change, but the original plan) and she said it was because there was such a high demand for the phone. When I told her an increase in anticipated demand shouldn't change the ship date for orders she was confused. Am I incorrect in thinking that just because 1,000 people order a phone, but you only anticipated 500, you still ship the first 500 orders ASAP, and just tell the remaining 500 they have to wait? You wouldn't make all 1,000 people wait until you get enough to send them all out. Therefore, if my order was placed in time to receive it by the 14, I should be getting it then, regardless of the orders placed after me. Apparently, Verizon does not agree.

SwsFoe

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with a Verizon rep and got the same story. Asked why the email confirmation (and other advertisements) stated that it would be shipped to arrive on 10/14/2011 and she said that it would not ship until the 14. Told her that was unacceptable, and she said that information just went out in the last day or two.

I asked her why this was being changed (and at first she said it wasn't a change, but the original plan) and she said it was because there was such a high demand for the phone. When I told her an increase in anticipated demand shouldn't change the ship date for orders she was confused. Am I incorrect in thinking that just because 1,000 people order a phone, but you only anticipated 500, you still ship the first 500 orders ASAP, and just tell the remaining 500 they have to wait? You wouldn't make all 1,000 people wait until you get enough to send them all out. Therefore, if my order was placed in time to receive it by the 14, I should be getting it then, regardless of the orders placed after me. Apparently, Verizon does not agree.

So now knowing all of this is it safe to say those of us who pre-ordered from Verizonwireless.com should not expect them until the 17th or 18th?

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
talked to apple support to verify i had applecare ordered after the preorder day mess up by apple. my verizon iphone is ready to ship they are stating delivery on oct 14th.

bjbumgarner

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm this is a troubling development. Maybe this explains why the Verizon "Check your Order Status" website is not currently working for me. Oh well I am going to pretty drunk this weekend due to finishing a huge exam so maybe it is best that I don't have my brand new phone with me.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site

Chances are Verizon WILL do Priority Overnight Shipping with FedEx and that means Saturday delivery. However, some areas in the boonies do not have Saturday delivery, most areas in the USA do. So do not worry!

davidmets

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So now knowing all of this is it safe to say those of us who pre-ordered from Verizonwireless.com should not expect them until the 17th or 18th?

Unless your order status changed to delivery on the 14th, then probably not. Also for those ppl whose order statuses are not working you guys have been putting in your Pre-Order confirmation number right?

SwsFoe

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
talked to apple support to verify i had applecare ordered after the preorder day mess up by apple. my verizon iphone is ready to ship they are stating delivery on oct 14th.

Yeah, the problem comes when ordering from Verizon directly not Apple.

I won't hold my breath tho for a Saturday delivery.. I'll be expecting a package on Monday the 17th..

tino72

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i put my preorder in tonight and it at least doesnt say processing anymore from verizon, it now says will be shipped to arrive on 14th

Omen87

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to worry, I haven't received anything from Verizon, no credit card charges, no status updates, no tracking info. I'm worried that something is wrong with the credit card and that they haven't told me.

1988jab

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from Verizon...I put in my preorder number and it says "will be shipped to arrive on 10/14/11. There has been no tracking number assigned yet..but there is a place for it! I am assuming that Verizon will ship overnight with Fedex...that is always how they have shipped in the past.

SwsFoe

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to worry, I haven't received anything from Verizon, no credit card charges, no status updates, no tracking info. I'm worried that something is wrong with the credit card and that they haven't told me.

Its happening to everyone that ordered through Verizon. It will all be okay. Us verizon people may just have to wait a day or two longer than others.

mapvt

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I pre-ordered the iphone 4s last week also. I'm on Verizon network. When checking my status on the order screen I still get this

Ship Date:

So I'm holding out hope I see it by Friday. :)

It's been entertaining to read 67 pages of this thread, can't wait to receive my new phone and upgrade from this blackberry.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I pre-ordered the iphone 4s last week also. I'm on Verizon network. When checking my status on the order screen I still get this

Ship Date:

So I'm holding out hope I see it by Friday. :)

It's been entertaining to read 67 pages of this thread, can't wait to receive my new phone and upgrade from this blackberry.

You, I, and everyone else who has that same message will receive our iPhone 4S' on Friday. :) Don't worry. By Friday afternoon you'll get to dump the ol' BlackBerry and fire up the blazing iPhone 4S.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
ok, I have been trying the UPS website "other options"

I was entering my cell number with no results.

I just tried it again and entered my home phone number and it now shows both packages. One is in KY, the other is in AK

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW