Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

hobanma

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Ordered 3

Ordered 3 64G 4S (2 white and 1 black) units at 4:18 AM US CDT on the first day (Friday). Have received confirmation for all three. The two white ones are processing for shipping, the black one is backorder.

I used the AT&T Upgrade app and it worked well.

I ordered the black first and then the two white ones. The last order was the first one to move to processing. What gives? Am I going to watch my wife and daughter play with their new phones and have to wait a couple of more weeks for mine?

Justin55372011

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Im not worried apparently it will be shipped no later then saturday. When it comes i will be happy no rush, just as long as i have one and dont have to wait 3 weeks after the sell out.

tham

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So i just ordered a 32gb 4S from Sprint, i got my email confirmation, for anyone who ordered from sprint how long did it take to get a tracking number for shipping status?

I ordered Friday morning and got the confirmation at 4AM CST. Still no tracking info. But I'm reading they just started sending them out this morning.

jongorman

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Going from a 32GB 3GS to a Black 32GB 4S on AT&T (same carrier)... Ordering was a pain as Apple wouldn't process my order until 7:30am (various errors validating my existing phone, validating credit card, etc.) I'm assuming most were volume-related. AT&T validated my order, then Chase declined my card due to suspicious activity (probably all the queries against it from the attempts.) Finally Apple took my order and as of Monday @ 1:30pm eastern, it's still saying "preparing to ship", as it has for the past 36 hours.

Jon

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess I ordered early enough to be in the first shipment! I am curious, for those of us that have received tracking number, it looks like we all ordered directly from Apple; maybe ours are already shipped because they are coming from China. Maybe AT&T, Verizon and Sprint already have theirs in inventory, so those are already here in the states and don't have to be shipped today. Any chance that is correct? Has anyone ordered from the cell phone carriers received notice that their phone has shipped? Or are all phone being shipped by Apple no matter where you ordered from?

I did order from Apple at 3:45am EST, moments after their site finally when live, so I am not surprised my is arriving Friday.

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Status of my order: Canceled. I have had my first truly bad experience with AT&T and I will say that I am very disappointed. Here's what happened:

- I preordered my 4S on Saturday the 8th. I wanted to wait a day to see if it was all going to be really worth it. I knew that meant my order would probably be delayed, but was fine with that.

- I had recently changed my billing address via AT&T's website because I recently moved. But when I placed my order, for some reason, it told me my phone was going to be shipped to my old address. I immediately called AT&T, but they told me there was nothing they could do on the weekend and I had to call their "premier" number on Monday. I never received any email confirming my order, which I thought was strange.

- Today (Monday), I spent close to 2 hours on the phone with various people at AT&T. The first rep I spoke with had the IQ of a brick. Sorry, but it's true. She just could not understand what I was asking (specifically, to which address would my phone be shipped and, if they can't tell me that, can I just have it shipped to my local AT&T store?). She kept making mistakes and constantly mentioned something about their "back end" department. She then said my phone was going to arrive on the 14th, which I knew wasn't true because I had not placed my order on the 7th. After going around in circles with her, I asked for a supervisor.

- The "supervisor" was only slightly more helpful and could not say definitively to where my phone was being shipped. She could not change the shipping so that the phone would be held at my local AT&T store, for what reason, I don't know. She too could not really confirm to which address my phone would be shipped, my old address or my new one.

At the end of all this, I finally got so fed up that I canceled my order. The reps I spoke with were horrible. I was constantly being placed on hold and they seemed unable to do anything (update my billing address again, have the phone shipped to my local AT&T store, etc).

So, I think for now I'm just going to wait. I may upgrade, I may not. To be honest, this experience has left little to be desired. I've always been very happy with AT&T, and I'm hoping this is an isolated experience. Between my iPhone purchases and monthly cell bills, I give them A LOT of business (as I'm sure most of us do).

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I remember hearing that with the iPhone 4 some people got their phones a day early. Does this ring a bell with anybody? I sure hope it is the case. Thursday is lightyears ahead of Friday. Luckily Wednesday is before any of those and that is when we get iOS 5 (and the day that I will be winning my free iPhone 4S from tIpb! Oh what a great day that will be!)

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Status of my order: Canceled. I have had my first truly bad experience with AT&T and I will say that I am very disappointed. Here's what happened:

- I preordered my 4S on Saturday the 8th. I wanted to wait a day to see if it was all going to be really worth it. I knew that meant my order would probably be delayed, but was fine with that.

- I had recently changed my billing address via AT&T's website because I recently moved. But when I placed my order, for some reason, it told me my phone was going to be shipped to my old address. I immediately called AT&T, but they told me there was nothing they could do on the weekend and I had to call their "premier" number on Monday. I never received any email confirming my order, which I thought was strange.

- Today (Monday), I spent close to 2 hours on the phone with various people at AT&T. The first rep I spoke with had the IQ of a brick. Sorry, but it's true. She just could not understand what I was asking (specifically, to which address would my phone be shipped and, if they can't tell me that, can I just have it shipped to my local AT&T store?). She kept making mistakes and constantly mentioned something about their "back end" department. She then said my phone was going to arrive on the 14th, which I knew wasn't true because I had not placed my order on the 7th. After going around in circles with her, I asked for a supervisor.

- The "supervisor" was only slightly more helpful and could not say definitively to where my phone was being shipped. She could not change the shipping so that the phone would be held at my local AT&T store, for what reason, I don't know. She too could not really confirm to which address my phone would be shipped, my old address or my new one.

At the end of all this, I finally got so fed up that I canceled my order. The reps I spoke with were horrible. I was constantly being placed on hold and they seemed unable to do anything (update my billing address again, have the phone shipped to my local AT&T store, etc).

So, I think for now I'm just going to wait. I may upgrade, I may not. To be honest, this experience has left little to be desired. I've always been very happy with AT&T, and I'm hoping this is an isolated experience. Between my iPhone purchases and monthly cell bills, I give them A LOT of business (as I'm sure most of us do).

Luckily now you have the option of switching carriers. This will hopefully force they carriers to have better customer service. (probably not, but we can hope!)

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Lol getting mad that it was delivered to your house at 1-2pm on launch day? cmon. thats not the end of the world.

I know it's trivial in grand scheme of things :) but when I wants my gadget I wants. What was more annoying was sitting at home having taken the day off waiting for the delivery and reading on tipb everyone else rejoicing cuz they had gotten theirs. I'm addicted. I need help.

SmirkingRevenge

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a total of four phones on the 7th: Two from the Apple store for AT&T (16GB White, 64GB Black), one from AT&T (64GB Black), and one from Sprint (32GB White). So far only the Sprint order has a tracking number, though no tracking information is available yet. The Apple store items are listed as "Processing Items" and the AT&T item is listed as "In Progress, Pending Shipment."

Last edited:

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Apparently you can check on UPS and some people have been getting tracking numbers that way. Go to track by reference which can be accessed by clicking on tracking at the top of the page. Then type in your sprint account number where it says shipment reference. Some people just do that. Others have added country and zip.

Other carriers and apple are coming up with the phone number you used as a reference when you ordered, but sprint seems to need your sprint account number.

Mine is not showing this way either.:(

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess I ordered early enough to be in the first shipment! I am curious, for those of us that have received tracking number, it looks like we all ordered directly from Apple; maybe ours are already shipped because they are coming from China. Maybe AT&T, Verizon and Sprint already have theirs in inventory, so those are already here in the states and don't have to be shipped today. Any chance that is correct?

I doubt the carriers hold any 4S inventory right now. New generation iPhones are so valuable, I'm betting the shipments are being guarded as carefully as gold bullion. Inventory for carriers and other outlets are probably packed and ready for next day shipping in multiple Apple warehouses across the planet.

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I put in the phone number for my order into the ups site. Both of my phones were shipped from Hong Kong today.

Apparently you can check on UPS and some people have been getting tracking numbers that way. Go to track by reference which can be accessed by clicking on tracking at the top of the page. Then type in your sprint account number where it says shipment reference. Some people just do that. Others have added country and zip.

Other carriers and apple are coming up with the phone number you used as a reference when you ordered, but sprint seems to need your sprint account number.

Mine is not showing this way either.:(

tham

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I checked my order status through Sprint | Check Your Order Status. I haven't gotten a tracking email yet, but 1 of the 2 phones I ordered has been assigned a tracking number. Shows as being shipped today (10/10/11), and shipping is 2nd day air!? Maybe I'll get them Wednesday night!

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ordered from Apple around 11am EST on Friday and it still says that the shipment is being processed. But it still states that it will be delivered by the 14th. It better! LOL!

cmsj

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
UK pre-order status

Pre-ordered in the UK, a 16GB black for me and one for a friend. Currently showing as "Processing" and expected to ship before the 14th.
(Last year for iPhone 4 the shipping came from a UK distributor. I would expect the same)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73