Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

keithjk

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Last night: Pre-ordered iPhone 4S White 16G with Verizon. Got the confirmation email with in minutes. The process was smooth.

Today: Use the "Order Number" to check my order status. NOTE to Verizon users, the "Order Number" in your confirmation email will NOT get you a status, it will give you an error message. You have to use the "Preorder Confirmation" number to check your status.

My status is currently "We received your order and it is in process"

When you click on the "Check your order status" in the confirmation email, and then select "Verizon Wireless Store" or "Over the Phone," you can put in the order number and the location code (and your last name, of course) to see the actual order. It will eventually show a tracking number, too.

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you all checking your Verizon Status on the link they sent in the email? All mine says is "We have received your order and it is in process. Expected ship date: 10/14/2011."

Mine says the same damn thing what time did you pre order yours?

keithjk

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine says the same damn thing what time did you pre order yours?

Well, I had to order and re-order mine three times because the site kept processing the shipping address as a combination of the shipping address and billing address. I first ordered at 2:58AM, then again at 3:03, and then not until customer service for the eCommerce site opened at 8:00AM.

Now, mine says it isn't expected to ship until 10/21/2011. But, so does everyone's who says they ordered theirs at 3:00AM or thereabout. I'm going to wait and see what happens.

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had to order and re-order mine three times because the site kept processing the shipping address as a combination of the shipping address and billing address. I first ordered at 2:58AM, then again at 3:03, and then not until customer service for the eCommerce site opened at 8:00AM.

Now, mine says it isn't expected to ship until 10/21/2011. But, so does everyone's who says they ordered theirs at 3:00AM or thereabout. I'm going to wait and see what happens.

Wow i did mine at about 6 am and till right now says the 21st as well now.....I am more than likely going to cancel the order and just wait in line on the 14th. When do you think is the absolute latest i should hold off to cancel. Do you think the reason why they pushed the date is because the huge order apples site received?

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine at 3:00am for the 14th and it JUST changed to the 21st. I'm pissed. Trying calling both Apple and Verizon. Verizon said they knew nothing and blamed Apple, Apple says there's nothing you can do about it. Have to work on the 14th so I'm pretty much screwed...:mad::mad::mad:

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine at 3:00am for the 14th and it JUST changed to the 21st. I'm pissed. Trying calling both Apple and Verizon. Verizon said they knew nothing and blamed Apple, Apple says there's nothing you can do about it. Have to work on the 14th so I'm pretty much screwed...:mad::mad::mad:

Can you try your local best buy?

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine from Verizon at 11:55 pm(not am I got on 5 min before it was supposed to be available) and my order processed right away got my confirmation email from Verizon stating I would receive the phone on the 14th. I checked my order status an hour ago and it says delivery date 10/21/11!!! I spent the last hour on the phone with Verizon trying to get it figured out to no avail. They were even amazed how early I got my order in but said there is nothing they could do. I'm really effen pissed right now idk what happened but looks like I'm not getting my phone for two weeks now!! Anyone else have ts goin on?

same...

I called both and they said there's nothing they can do. It's really annoying...

Skimcpip

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me with Verizon. I called this morning and the lady just seemed like she didn't want to deal with me even though I was trying to be as nice as possible. She said her system still shows that it's going to ship on the 14th (but again from her attitude I wouldn't be surprised if she was just saying that).

I guess we can take comfort in the fact that it seems like almost everyone is experiencing this issue. Maybe it's just a glitch.

If you've called Verizon, let us know what they've told you.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me with Verizon. I called this morning and the lady just seemed like she didn't want to deal with me even though I was trying to be as nice as possible. She said her system still shows that it's going to ship on the 14th (but again from her attitude I wouldn't be surprised if she was just saying that).

I guess we can take comfort in the fact that it seems like almost everyone is experiencing this issue. Maybe it's just a glitch.

I think the Verizon call's are monitored and reviewed by Verizon Corporate members, so maybe she is telling the truth to you.

davidmets

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered my iPhone 4S from Verizon yesterday at like 7:30 in the morning. On the confirmation e-mail it clearly states will deliver by October 14th. However when I type in my pre-order conf # I see on the right hand side : Expected Ship Date: October 21st....? It's probably a glitch but who knows, anyone else see this?

Last edited:

ktaylor17815

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

After reading some forums late last night I decided to call this morning. I was told that the 16GB models allotment was sold out and I would see mine until the 21st. After some more discussion she asked what time I preordered, I told her 6am EST. She then told me that they received an email that any orders before 6PM EST would be fulfilled on the 14th. Not sure how true, but I'll wait and see.

Skimcpip

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
After reading some forums late last night I decided to call this morning. I was told that the 16GB models allotment was sold out and I would see mine until the 21st. After some more discussion she asked what time I preordered, I told her 6am EST. She then told me that they received an email that any orders before 6PM EST would be fulfilled on the 14th. Not sure how true, but I'll wait and see.

That's good to hear.

davidmets

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem it changed to 21st, I'm thinking it's a glitch I Pre-ordered mine at like 7:30 AM, it would make sense that any order before 6 PM ET would be delivered on the 14th. It's most likely a glitch and plus it says Expected Ship Date not even Expected Delivery Date.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered my iPhone 4S from Verizon yesterday at like 7:30 in the morning. On the confirmation e-mail it clearly states will deliver by October 14th. However when I type in my pre-order conf # I see on the right hand side : Expected Ship Date: October 21st....? It's probably a glitch but who knows, anyone else see this?

Yes. There's a separate thread just about this problem. It's too late to cancel my Verizon order and place one through Apple. Current delivery dates there are 1-2 weeks, so I'm going to hope Verizon is just being conservative with the ETA. They're setting low expectations.

Update: Here's a post from another thread.

Last edited:

SteelGreek

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

This exact thing happened to both me and one of my friends as well. She called customer service and they told here there was nothing that could be done in regards to shipping dates.

She ordered hers at 3am and I ordered mine a lot later

Todd M

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I was just told that mine isn't being shipped until the 21st even though my email says the 14th and it said that yesterday, then was switched to 10/21. I had ordered it around 6am EST. She said demand was too high so unless you ordered it within the first two hours you won't get it until 10/21 at the earliest.

Then again, who knows. Maybe I will go to the store on 10/14 if it hasn't shipped to be delivered by then.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR