Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Well I made it all the way to "please verify your account" on the app store app. Now it says "checking your eligibility and pricing." Why do I get the feeling I'm going to get an "unable to complete request" message very soon?

Oh wait, just got it. Now I'll keep trying and probably keep getting that same error message over and over.

Fun!

Frankenstein

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I am merging my wife's phone and my phone from our respective parents' family plans to a new plan for us on ATT. I have made it to the "Do you want to keep your number" page, but I have no idea what the account data is for these two accounts. If I pick "give me a new number" can I port my current number for free when I activate it?

Anybody know the answer to this?? Should I call it a night and wait till I can get the info in the morning, or should I proceed with my order and port the numbers later?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Got this email a little bit ago:

Your iPhone order is ready to complete. Please click here to return to Apple.com to complete your order.

In order to maintain the priority of your order, you will need to complete your order by Saturday, October 8, 5:00PM PDT.

In order to complete your order you will need to:

Confirm your iPhone pricing
Select a data plan
Choose where to get your new iPhone and check out

Your reservation number is X. If you have any issues completing your order, please call 1-800-MY-APPLE.

So I'm hoping that means that I have my phone:) Assuming I login and complete my order which isn't working right now.

How far in the process did you get. I never got to a process where my email was input. Are they retrieving email addresses from your carrier during the order?

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I said I was giving it a rest before, but I mean it now, I'm getting sleepy. I'll try again in a little while. We've been at this for over an hour!

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ordered through Verizon ~12:05 Pacific. Email confirmation received.
Black 16 GB
Thank you for your order. It is being processed and will be shipped to arrive on 10/14/11.
P.S. Tried Apple first, but store was still down.

Last edited:

cmconner156

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I got to a point where it said "How would you like it delivered?" and it only gave the option of Ship to my home. Then I clicked Continue and it asked me to login to my Apple account. Once I did that, it gave me this notification:

Your iPhone has been reserved and your reservation number is: XXXXXX

We will email you at this address () when it?s time to complete your order. At that time, you will return to the Apple Store to confirm pricing and plan selection.

You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status

Then about 20 minutes later I got the other email saying I could login and finish.

Reactions: RagedUSMC

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I have backtracked. Previously I was able to get to the point where I select a data plan before I get the unable to complete request message.

Now it is when verifying eligibility.

Sheesh.

Chris

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
This is so bad for me trying to get this phone. I'm exchanging 2 iphone 4's that are within the exchange timeframe plus I'm at a new address than where my account is at. And at&t stupid rules says on website can't change address info because new contract is less than 30 days old. So I'm not gonna have 2 iphone 4s's setting in someone elses door step. I can't even get a straight answer.

Has anyone tried Apples 1-800 number ?

chudinka

Feb 17, 2009
Visit site
FINALLY GOT IT!
Once I connected my iPhone to Wi-Fi the Apple Store app was a lot more responsive
Granted- I still got A LOT of errors but eventually, I got my confirmation!

White 32GB AT&T!

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Gave up on Apple and ordered through Verizon. I wanted to order through Apple because I get double cash back through my credit card for ordering anything from Apple, but since for whatever reason they don't want to sell any phones tonight I went through Verizon. 16GB in white for me.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
4:23 I got my order through to Sprint. Never again will I drop my phone and be stuck with my blackberry. 16Gb Black.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I so don't want to stand in line for 8 hours at the AT&T store but looks like we might. Is there a limit to pre-orders or do they have plenty even 24 hours later? Or each carrier got 5 million or something like that.

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
apple site keeps processing forever. On ATT I click "new line" when clicking pre-order on the page, and it takes me to a list with no 4S there. Wow.

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
and now
"We are temporarily unable to take iPhone orders. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

mat8823

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried for a while using firefox on apple and at&t. Then I tried explorer on apple and it didn't work, but when I went to att.com/iphone the pre-order link was there and it only took me a few minutes.

Reactions: anon(27512)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2