Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

Frankenstein

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I am merging my wife's phone and my phone from our respective parents' family plans to a new plan for us on ATT. I have made it to the "Do you want to keep your number" page, but I have no idea what the account data is for these two accounts. If I pick "give me a new number" can I port my current number for free when I activate it?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
My second phone is asking me if I want to online order or pick it up in store. But it doesn't have anything to select for the in store.

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I got this same email after I got through part of the process for the first of 2 I need to get. Everything is hung on the second.

If you managed to get to the status page, it actually tells you that you're getting that email because Apple couldn't contact the carrier to confirm your information.

So I went through the whole process in the Apple Store and now I have this message:

Your iPhone has been reserved.

Your reservation number is: XXXXXXX
We will email you at XXXXX.com when it's time to complete your order.
At that time, you can link back to the Apple Store to confirm eligibility and your iPhone voice, data and messaging plans.
You can then place your order, and your new iPhone will be shipped to your door.

So does this mean I have a reservation, or what?

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Well the app store app is just hanging and hanging, I expect it'll time out soon and I'll have to start the process all over again. The actual apple store tried to check my eligibility for an upgrade (which I am very eligible for) and finally came back with "We?re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later." This is possibly because AT&T's crappy site is down.

All in all, this is extremely frustrating, Pretty much the exact wrong way to handle a pre order situation.

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
On the plus side, the store app is now giving me the "unable to complete your request" message much much more quickly." Hooray for progress!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Have tried twice through Apple, and gotten "Unable to complete request" messages both times (right after I confirm my unlimited data plan).

Trying a third time.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm having issues on Apples website on the check for eligibility page. Loads and loads and loads like its gonna time out. Anyone else seeing the same thing

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I guess the servers are slammed. Which makes sense. But I guess even Apple can't predict how many people will be on a computer all over the world at the same time, ha.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Argh! Got all the way to the end on Apple's site and got a "your request couldn't be process" because of high volume with a message to try again later This happened twice so far! I can't get past the "Processing information" step after picking my data plan.

Now I can't get past the are you a new or existing customer step.

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It's not as if the sudden high volume of shoppers is a surprise, you know? They're the ones who planned this, they should have some extra room in their "cloud" or whatever to deal with it!

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes, several people seem to be having that problem, myself included. Hard to tell if the issue is on apple's end or AT&T's (or whichever carrier you chose) end. But the bottom line is, the consumer gets screwed. As usual.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Holy crap!!

I was sick of waiting for Apple's site, so I went to AT&T's site only to get a message telling me that my unlimited data plan was removed!! WTF???

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Now the message through Apple is ....................

We are currently experiencing high volumes of iPhone orders and may require up to 1 minutes to access your AT&T account information. In order to maintain the priority of your order, please remain on this page.

Followed by

Your request couldn?t be processed.

We?re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later.

cmconner156

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Got this email a little bit ago:

Your iPhone order is ready to complete. Please click here to return to Apple.com to complete your order.

In order to maintain the priority of your order, you will need to complete your order by Saturday, October 8, 5:00PM PDT.

In order to complete your order you will need to:

Confirm your iPhone pricing
Select a data plan
Choose where to get your new iPhone and check out

Your reservation number is X. If you have any issues completing your order, please call 1-800-MY-APPLE.

So I'm hoping that means that I have my phone:) Assuming I login and complete my order which isn't working right now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR