For those who got screwed by AT&T on their pre-orders - a story for you:

I pre-ordered on the 7th, right when pre-orders began. I thought all was well, but turned out there was a problem since my credit card fraud alert got triggered. AT&T didn't email me about this, I only found out a few days later, corrected it, thought all was well. Wrong. Turned out that my order got put at 'the back of the line' at that point. After a few calls to various CSRs this AM, I decided to stop by my local AT&T store at around 10:30a.

Amazingly, almost no line. I was in the door within 5 minutes. They were able to cancel my online order and get me set up with a phone. They had plenty of phones in stock, too. So, got my 64gb black 4s, did an iCloud restore, and am making use of the extra space to put the rest of my iTunes library on the phone now.

Soooo, if your AT&T phone is showing as backordered, you might make a trip to your local AT&T store and see what they can do for you .....
    10-14-2011 04:37 PM
    5:15 PM EST. Still no phone. I wonder if I have time to search the Internet for directions on how to build a driveway alarm, scrap any retired electronics for parts, assemble and install it before UPS gets here. Probably...
    10-14-2011 05:16 PM
    5:15 PM EST. Still no phone. I wonder if I have time to search the Internet for directions on how to build a driveway alarm, scrap any retired electronics for parts, assemble and install it before UPS gets here. Probably...
    lol.. same here.. 519pm Bronx, NY and nothing. When this ups guy comes with my phone.. i will give him the bad look while signing .. lol

btw, what time is the last run of deliveries?
    10-14-2011 05:20 PM
    I wonder if it's like the week before Christmas; they just keep going till they're done. Well, we're not going to be able to activate anyway, without a huge wait, so whatever. I guess I'll just have fun putting different cases on it!
    10-14-2011 05:22 PM
    lol.. same here.. 519pm Bronx, NY and nothing. When this ups guy comes with my phone.. i will give him the bad look while signing .. lol

btw, what time is the last run of deliveries?
    UPS's website says that they deliver between 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM, and sometimes later.
    My phone has been "out for delivery" since 5:40 AM today, and here it is almost 12 hours later and still nothing.
    10-14-2011 05:24 PM
    Is anyone wishing they hadn't pre-ordered and just went to the store this morning? I am still waiting for UPS and I could have been playing with my phone for hours now!
    I wish I hadn't preordered. I went to the store around 2 pm today and they still had 32 & 64 GB units available. I tried to see if I could get my preorder cancelled but they said I would have to buy the phone in the store for FULL non-subsidized price since I already started my account. Screw that and I left.

Still on backorder, pending shipment, blah, blah, blah..
    10-14-2011 05:26 PM
    Just went to Target in AZ, they only had Verizon phones, but they are picking up an ATT one for me from a nearby store ! Approx 2:30 here
    10-14-2011 05:37 PM
    I preordered my white 32g iPhone 4s on Sunday, October 9th at 12pm from the Verizon store. I have checked daily to see my order status; so far it just has a blank spot for tracking #. Anyone else order after the 7th and heard anything about shipping? Mine says in the email I received, that it will be delivered by Oct. 21st (I hope it'll come sooner!).
    10-14-2011 05:41 PM
    For those who got screwed by AT&T on their pre-orders - a story for you:

I pre-ordered on the 7th, right when pre-orders began. I thought all was well, but turned out there was a problem since my credit card fraud alert got triggered. AT&T didn't email me about this, I only found out a few days later, corrected it, thought all was well. Wrong. Turned out that my order got put at 'the back of the line' at that point. After a few calls to various CSRs this AM, I decided to stop by my local AT&T store at around 10:30a.

Amazingly, almost no line. I was in the door within 5 minutes. They were able to cancel my online order and get me set up with a phone. They had plenty of phones in stock, too. So, got my 64gb black 4s, did an iCloud restore, and am making use of the extra space to put the rest of my iTunes library on the phone now.

Soooo, if your AT&T phone is showing as backordered, you might make a trip to your local AT&T store and see what they can do for you .....
    I tried to go into the store. The guys there definitely said that they can't cancel pre-orders, so you got lucky.
    10-14-2011 05:45 PM
    I wish I hadn't preordered. I went to the store around 2 pm today and they still had 32 & 64 GB units available. I tried to see if I could get my preorder cancelled but they said I would have to buy the phone in the store for FULL non-subsidized price since I already started my account. Screw that and I left.

Still on backorder, pending shipment, blah, blah, blah..

yeah me to, cant believe that we have to wait 21-28 days
    10-14-2011 05:51 PM
    Finally! The UPS guy says "You haven't been waiting on me have you? This is the last one of these left to deliver today!"
    10-14-2011 06:08 PM
    well, after being on the truck for delivery since 6:45 a.m., I finally received the phone.
    10-14-2011 06:19 PM
    I'm still waiting in Seattle. My tracking info says Exception, but I have called UPS and they say it's on the truck. I'm getting worried. Does anyone have experience with UPS delivering a package without the online tracking progress showing it out for delivery?

I know you feel my pain! LOL!
    10-14-2011 06:21 PM
    Saw a UPS truck drive past me around 3PM. I never saw it again as of 6:30. Tracking still says "Out for Delivery" and I've gone nuts checking my door for the notice.
    mikeym827 likes this.
    10-14-2011 06:29 PM
    Saw a UPS truck drive past me around 3PM. I never saw it again as of 6:30. Tracking still says "Out for Delivery" and I've gone nuts checking my door for the notice.
    Just grab a beer and wait at the door - no pretense of being nonchalant about the shipment.
    10-14-2011 06:38 PM
    So just something to think about for those who's phones are still "out for delivery" (mine showed up late, too...luckily my wife was there to sign for it, came about a half hour after I left for work..dang-it); anyhow, my bro-in-law is a UPS driver; he texted me at lunch and said he had 175 iPhones on his truck today (that's just 1 of the hundred trucks out of his facility). That in addition to his other deliveries. (He doesn't usually even make 175 stops alone in a regular day). This plus the deliveries where there was no one home, and he had to fill out the tag to hang on the door....they're gonna get behind. As much as I wanted my iPhone before I left for work, I now have a much better understanding of why they say "delivery by the end of the day". It would be near impossible to promise a delivery by certain time in the morning, noon, or whatever. I chose to preorder simply because I don't have the time to go to the store for it. I pretty much knew I wouldn't have it before I left for work, but I prefer delivery mostly because I like to be the one to unbox my stuff, not the store rep. Anyway, just some food for thought.
    Last edited by utamb79; 10-14-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    10-14-2011 06:40 PM
    640pm here in Bronx, NY and still nothing...
    10-14-2011 06:42 PM
    SO i just got off the phone with UPS. I signed up for the MyChoice service and was able to change my shipping address to my work address. This was great because like most of you I will be at work all day. It only cost me $5. I should have clued in then. I submitted my change of address on 10/11. They charged my card the $5 and processed the change. However, the change was not fully processed until today at 8am. So because it was not processed until today, my phone will not be delivered until MONDAY! I asked if I could pick it up. I am not able to as they can only process one change in a 24 hour period. I am livid. Yes I know it is only one more "business" day. But, I would have kept my 5 dollars and let them try to deliver it if I had a clue it would be held for one more day. Then I could have at least picked it up somewhere.
    10-14-2011 07:09 PM
    yessssssss finally. 712pm Bronx, NY ups guy arrived. The wait is over for mr
    10-14-2011 07:16 PM
    OK now this just sucks, UPS is Santa Rosa is just sad, I have been waiting all day for the 4s, my wifes 4 was delivered by Fed Ex 4 hours ago.
    10-14-2011 07:55 PM
    Wow, I figured you'd all have your devices by now. Those of you who don't, you'll still have a fun day playing with Siri tomorrow.
    10-14-2011 08:45 PM
    Still waiting for the UPS Guy.
    10-14-2011 10:15 PM
    well guys, im really hoping somoen can shed some light on my situation since every other forum ive tried has swallowed my post in with people hatng ups (not that i blame them)

I ordered my 16gb white 4s from apple.com mid morning on the 8th. since then, my status has reached "Processing Items" But nothing beyond that.
    The reason im asking about this is because i knwo that ive read that others who ordered AFTER i did are not only receiving tracking numbers but scheduled deliveries as well.
    Help! ....You know, if you can, that is...
    10-14-2011 11:08 PM
    well guys, im really hoping somoen can shed some light on my situation since every other forum ive tried has swallowed my post in with people hatng ups (not that i blame them)

I ordered my 16gb white 4s from apple.com mid morning on the 8th. since then, my status has reached "Processing Items" But nothing beyond that.
    The reason im asking about this is because i knwo that ive read that others who ordered AFTER i did are not only receiving tracking numbers but scheduled deliveries as well.
    Help! ....You know, if you can, that is...
    Have you tried calling Apple? Perhaps there is a problem with your carrier or payment? It won't hurt to call them and make sure there is nothing flagged. Good luck!!
    10-14-2011 11:12 PM
    I was told by one other person that it could be that it is already shipping, but the status just hasnt changed...
    10-14-2011 11:22 PM
1,935 ... 6465666768 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD