I've got an hour and a half left in the delivery window. I actually hope it comes late so I can be there to get it in person. I had to leave a note asking to deliver to our management office. I'll be so bummed if they're not there and I have to wait until tomorrow or (GASP) Monday! Eee. Enjoy your new toy! Good luck with activation.
    Thanks jodime! And good luck to you, I really hope you get it soon (or later, as you wish)! I'm currently syncing my old phone to my computer first before activating, you'd think I would have done this while I was waiting. . .
    10-14-2011 01:33 PM
    Couldn't get off work today so I've been F5ing the hell out of the UPS tracking page. I have a feeling my keyboard is going to break today.
    10-14-2011 01:44 PM
    So...Am I supposed to shut off the 3GS and then turn on the 4S? Is that how it works? AT&T service- hopefully I'll be able to activate!
    10-14-2011 01:48 PM
    I have be trying to activate for 30 minutes here. I know the server is backed up, but this is worst than waiting for Mr. UPS!!

It never crossed my mind that my old iPhone would need to be turned off; I hope that isn't the case. I need not to be phoneless all day while I try to activate.
    10-14-2011 01:58 PM
    UPS showed up.....no iPhone!!! I'm so mad! On the phone with UPS now!
    10-14-2011 01:59 PM
    what is a premier customer? How do I become one? What benefits do you get?
    It's the business discount program through AT&T. https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

My employer gets me a 15% discount.
    10-14-2011 01:59 PM
    My chat this morning with ATT Premier:

Nora Dixon: Hello, my name is Nora Dixon. I will be happy to assist you with your order status inquiry today.
    you: can i have an update on the delivery of my order please
    Nora Dixon: Absolutely, Mr. X. In order to verify your account information, may I please have the last four digits of the social security number associated with the account?
    you: xxxx
    Nora Dixon: Thank you. Please allow me 2-3 minutes to check on the status of your order for you.
    Nora Dixon: Okay. Your order status is showing as "processing". This means that the order is processing normally.
    you: what is "normally"
    Nora Dixon: Due to the large volume of orders for the new iPhone 4S, orders placed after 10/07/11 are taking 14 to 21 days after the order date to arrive.
    you: MY ORDER WAS PLACED 10/7 at 645AM PACIFIC TIME!!!!
    you: Premier@premier.wireless.att-mail.com to xxx@gmail.com date Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 6:47 AM Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to be delivered on Oct 14, 2011.
    Nora Dixon: I apologize for any inconvenience, Mr. X.
    Nora Dixon: Okay. I am going to double check that for you to be certain.
    you: thank you
    Nora Dixon: Okay. When finalizing your order, were you asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions of your contract?
    you: i am not sure, i don't remember - why?
    you: i got an order confirmation, so i assume so
    Nora Dixon: Your order has been processed correctly, which indicates that you did indeed agree to the Terms and Conditions.
    you: ok. what are you telling me?
    you: and why are you asking that?
    you: would that impact delivery?
    Nora Dixon: I am showing that the Terms and Conditions were signed on 10/08/11, and the order does not being processing until the Terms and Conditions are confirmed signed by you.
    you: wow that is incorrect
    you: how could that happen on the 8th when i ordered on the 7th
    Nora Dixon: This means, that since your order did not officially begin to process until the next day, 10/08/11, there will be a 14-21 day delay in receiving your order.
    you: officially? what does that mean?
    you: this sounds like some kind of loophole....so ATT can try and make excuses for over promising on delivery dates. VERY frustrating to say the least
    you: how could i get a confirmation email without agreeing to terms and conditions?????
    Nora Dixon: Due to the large number of orders received on 10/07/11, some orders were delayed.
    you: so even though i entered my order on the 7th, someone at ATT has to do something with it to "officially" process it?
    Nora Dixon: Orders received after 10/07/11 are being delayed due to a backorder of devices.
    you: so even though i entered my order on the 7th, someone at ATT has to do something with it to "officially" process it?
    Nora Dixon: The electronic ordering system processes the online orders.
    you: as far as i am concerned ATT received my order on 10/7 - six hours and 47 minutes after they went on sale on your website
    you: do you see my confirmation email that shows my time of purchase?
    Nora Dixon: Since there were over 200,000 orders received, there is a delay on shipping orders received by the system after 10/07/11
    you: so even though i ordered at 645am on that first day, it was not "received by the system" until the next day?
    you: i am not trying to be difficult just trying to understand
    Nora Dixon: All orders placed on 10/7 prior to 5:30PM have an expected delivery date of 10/14. Devices are shipped on a first come, first serve basis and will begin to arrive on 10/14. However, the actual delivery date depends on when the pre-order is placed, when you accepted the pre-shipment terms and conditions and available inventory. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    you: ok. if i wanted to cancel my order and go to the ATT store or the apple store and get one, is that possible?
    Nora Dixon: I understand, Mr. X. We are processing the orders as quickly as possible. I am sorry that your order is taking longer than you were originally told to arrive to you.
    you: i appreciate that and know that you are probably being bombarded with irate customers today
    Nora Dixon: I cannot cancel your order at this time via our chat, but I can provide you with the phone number to our Ecom department, which handles equipment orders, if you'd like.
    you: ok. so if i go to the ATT store and they have one, will i be able to get the phone at the 2-yr contract price like i did online, or will it show that i have already used that with my pending order from att.com?
    Nora Dixon: It is possible to restore your upgrade, if you choose to cancel your online order and purchase a phone from another AT&T retailer.
    you: however i don't want to cancel my pending order with you before i have a store-bought phone in hand...Catch 22 i suppose
    Nora Dixon: However, the retail locations are going to be extremely busy today, and I cannot guarantee that they will have some devices in stock.
    Nora Dixon: I understand.
    you: have you heard if there is a shortage of 64GB phones from the manufacturers? I can't help but feel if i ordered at 32GB or 16GB i would be getting my phone today
    Nora Dixon: Actually, there have been fewer orders for the 64GB iPhone 4S than the 16 and 32GB models, due to the higher cost of the 64GB model.
    you: wow. ok. so your best estimate is 14-21 days for delivery?
    Nora Dixon: That is correct
    Nora Dixon: I'm so sorry that is is taking longer than expected, but unlike customers purchasing their iPhone 4S's at a retail store, your phone is confirmed to be on its way to you as soon as possible.
    you: cool. have a great day.
    10-14-2011 02:02 PM
    My chat this morning with ATT Premier:

Nora Dixon: Hello, my name is Nora Dixon. I will be happy to assist you with your order status inquiry today.
    you: can i have an update on the delivery of my order please
    Nora Dixon: Absolutely, Mr. X. In order to verify your account information, may I please have the last four digits of the social security number associated with the account?
    you: xxxx
    Nora Dixon: Thank you. Please allow me 2-3 minutes to check on the status of your order for you.
    Nora Dixon: Okay. Your order status is showing as "processing". This means that the order is processing normally.
    you: what is "normally"
    Nora Dixon: Due to the large volume of orders for the new iPhone 4S, orders placed after 10/07/11 are taking 14 to 21 days after the order date to arrive.
    you: MY ORDER WAS PLACED 10/7 at 645AM PACIFIC TIME!!!!
    you: Premier@premier.wireless.att-mail.com to xxx@gmail.com date Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 6:47 AM Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to be delivered on Oct 14, 2011.
    Nora Dixon: I apologize for any inconvenience, Mr. X.
    Nora Dixon: Okay. I am going to double check that for you to be certain.
    you: thank you
    Nora Dixon: Okay. When finalizing your order, were you asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions of your contract?
    you: i am not sure, i don't remember - why?
    you: i got an order confirmation, so i assume so
    Nora Dixon: Your order has been processed correctly, which indicates that you did indeed agree to the Terms and Conditions.
    you: ok. what are you telling me?
    you: and why are you asking that?
    you: would that impact delivery?
    Nora Dixon: I am showing that the Terms and Conditions were signed on 10/08/11, and the order does not being processing until the Terms and Conditions are confirmed signed by you.
    you: wow that is incorrect
    you: how could that happen on the 8th when i ordered on the 7th
    Nora Dixon: This means, that since your order did not officially begin to process until the next day, 10/08/11, there will be a 14-21 day delay in receiving your order.
    you: officially? what does that mean?
    you: this sounds like some kind of loophole....so ATT can try and make excuses for over promising on delivery dates. VERY frustrating to say the least
    you: how could i get a confirmation email without agreeing to terms and conditions?????
    Nora Dixon: Due to the large number of orders received on 10/07/11, some orders were delayed.
    Nora Dixon: Orders received after 10/07/11 are being delayed due to a backorder of devices.
    Nora Dixon: The electronic ordering system processes the online orders.
    you: as far as i am concerned ATT received my order on 10/7 - six hours and 47 minutes after they went on sale on your website
    you: do you see my confirmation email that shows my time of purchase?
    Nora Dixon: Since there were over 200,000 orders received, there is a delay on shipping orders received by the system after 10/07/11
    you: so even though i ordered at 645am on that first day, it was not "received by the system" until the next day?
    you: i am not trying to be difficult just trying to understand
    Nora Dixon: All orders placed on 10/7 prior to 5:30PM have an expected delivery date of 10/14. Devices are shipped on a first come, first serve basis and will begin to arrive on 10/14. However, the actual delivery date depends on when the pre-order is placed, when you accepted the pre-shipment terms and conditions and available inventory. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    you: ok. if i wanted to cancel my order and go to the ATT store or the apple store and get one, is that possible?
    Nora Dixon: I understand, Mr. X. We are processing the orders as quickly as possible. I am sorry that your order is taking longer than you were originally told to arrive to you.
    you: i appreciate that and know that you are probably being bombarded with irate customers today
    Nora Dixon: I cannot cancel your order at this time via our chat, but I can provide you with the phone number to our Ecom department, which handles equipment orders, if you'd like.
    you: ok. so if i go to the ATT store and they have one, will i be able to get the phone at the 2-yr contract price like i did online, or will it show that i have already used that with my pending order from att.com?
    Nora Dixon: It is possible to restore your upgrade, if you choose to cancel your online order and purchase a phone from another AT&T retailer.
    you: however i don't want to cancel my pending order with you before i have a store-bought phone in hand...Catch 22 i suppose
    Nora Dixon: However, the retail locations are going to be extremely busy today, and I cannot guarantee that they will have some devices in stock.
    Nora Dixon: I understand.
    you: have you heard if there is a shortage of 64GB phones from the manufacturers? I can't help but feel if i ordered at 32GB or 16GB i would be getting my phone today
    Nora Dixon: Actually, there have been fewer orders for the 64GB iPhone 4S than the 16 and 32GB models, due to the higher cost of the 64GB model.
    you: wow. ok. so your best estimate is 14-21 days for delivery?
    Nora Dixon: That is correct
    Nora Dixon: I'm so sorry that is is taking longer than expected, but unlike customers purchasing their iPhone 4S's at a retail store, your phone is confirmed to be on its way to you as soon as possible.
    you: cool. have a great day.

im sorry to hear this happened to you... mine has been shipped I ordered mine about the same time as you and mines going to arrive on monday... dont take the 14-21 day thing to heart because they told me the same thing 14 days and mines shipped.... I wouldnt cancel your order!
    10-14-2011 02:32 PM
    my iPhone is in my mail room at my University but they haven't sorted it yet! the suspense is killing me!!! it's 50 ft away and i can't have it yet!
    10-14-2011 02:33 PM
    Delivered!

To my management office. Signed by someone I don't know. lol Wish me luck!

They signed for my ipod touch and MBP so I have trust.
    10-14-2011 02:41 PM
    I hate UPS. I left the pre-sign notice on my door this morning for them to just leave the package at my door. Just checked the tracking page and it says that they attempted to deliver but no one was home so they will try to re-deliver on monday. This is rediculous, why would they even give me the option to pre-sign for it if they just ignore it!? Trying to call UPS so I can just come and pick it up tomorrow is a nightmare, spent 30 minutes on hold and then got disconnected. I am beyond annoyed right now.
    10-14-2011 02:49 PM
    im sorry to hear this happened to you... mine has been shipped I ordered mine about the same time as you and mines going to arrive on monday... dont take the 14-21 day thing to heart because they told me the same thing 14 days and mines shipped.... I wouldnt cancel your order!
    thanks...i will be patiently waiting...
    10-14-2011 02:51 PM
    Still waiting on UPS. I knew it would be hard to wait. I didn't know it would be THIS hard.
    10-14-2011 02:52 PM
    My iPhone is apparantly sitting at my side door.

I am definately sitting in my office... 60 miles away.
    10-14-2011 02:59 PM
    Just got a "Delivery Exception" on my Fedex tracking status around noon central time.

Called Fedex and appearently they just feel like they can't hold to the "by 6:30pm" time line on the status page so that they're putting in exceptions!! They said it should still get delivered sometime today, if not, then they'll deliver it tomorrow
    10-14-2011 03:00 PM
    still waiting....
    10-14-2011 03:16 PM
    The suspense is killing me! 3:17pm and still no delivery.
    10-14-2011 03:17 PM
    Mine just got delivered, neighbor is holding it for me I get to set it up tonight for the wife
    10-14-2011 03:21 PM
    So of course my normal driver isn't doing the route and it's the guy who takes all day to show up! I am dying with anticipation lol.
    10-14-2011 04:09 PM
    got itttttt!
    10-14-2011 04:13 PM
    its 415pm here in the Bronx, NY and still waiting.. Im up since 6am.. 2 Fedex trucks stopped on my building already but no UPS truck in sight! so madd
    10-14-2011 04:14 PM
    still backordered, fixing to try to cancel and just get on in the store..maybe..hopefully lol
    10-14-2011 04:19 PM
    and now the wait begins to activate applecare+ (still on hold) and then the wait to activate the phone....
    10-14-2011 04:20 PM
    Mine just arrived. Now for the next frustration - AT&T Activation.
    10-14-2011 04:26 PM
    What's this about Applecare+? You have to activate that first??? OMG!!
    10-14-2011 04:34 PM
1,935 ... 6364656667 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD