I am merging my wife's phone and my phone from our respective parents' family plans to a new plan for us on ATT. I have made it to the "Do you want to keep your number" page, but I have no idea what the account data is for these two accounts. If I pick "give me a new number" can I port my current number for free when I activate it?
    10-07-2011 04:00 AM
    okay, trying the app store. . .
    10-07-2011 04:01 AM
    My second phone is asking me if I want to online order or pick it up in store. But it doesn't have anything to select for the in store.
    I got this same email after I got through part of the process for the first of 2 I need to get. Everything is hung on the second.

If you managed to get to the status page, it actually tells you that you're getting that email because Apple couldn't contact the carrier to confirm your information.

So I went through the whole process in the Apple Store and now I have this message:

Your iPhone has been reserved.

Your reservation number is: XXXXXXX
    We will email you at XXXXX.com when it's time to complete your order.
    At that time, you can link back to the Apple Store to confirm eligibility and your iPhone voice, data and messaging plans.
    You can then place your order, and your new iPhone will be shipped to your door.

So does this mean I have a reservation, or what?
    Well the app store app is just hanging and hanging, I expect it'll time out soon and I'll have to start the process all over again. The actual apple store tried to check my eligibility for an upgrade (which I am very eligible for) and finally came back with "Were sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later." This is possibly because AT&T's crappy site is down.

All in all, this is extremely frustrating, Pretty much the exact wrong way to handle a pre order situation.
    10-07-2011 04:02 AM
    Got my confirmation email. I am done here. Good night all, and GOOD LUCK!
    10-07-2011 04:04 AM
    On the plus side, the store app is now giving me the "unable to complete your request" message much much more quickly." Hooray for progress!
    10-07-2011 04:05 AM
    hahaha, man, this sucks.
    10-07-2011 04:06 AM
    Have tried twice through Apple, and gotten "Unable to complete request" messages both times (right after I confirm my unlimited data plan).

Trying a third time.
    10-07-2011 04:08 AM
    I'm having issues on Apples website on the check for eligibility page. Loads and loads and loads like its gonna time out. Anyone else seeing the same thing
    10-07-2011 04:09 AM
    It is really tempting to jump ship to verizon just so I can order this phone right now. . .
    10-07-2011 04:10 AM
    I guess the servers are slammed. Which makes sense. But I guess even Apple can't predict how many people will be on a computer all over the world at the same time, ha.
    10-07-2011 04:11 AM
    Argh! Got all the way to the end on Apple's site and got a "your request couldn't be process" because of high volume with a message to try again later This happened twice so far! I can't get past the "Processing information" step after picking my data plan.

Now I can't get past the are you a new or existing customer step.
    Why is the 4S available on AT&T's website for new customers but not for upgrades?!
    It's not as if the sudden high volume of shoppers is a surprise, you know? They're the ones who planned this, they should have some extra room in their "cloud" or whatever to deal with it!
    Yes, several people seem to be having that problem, myself included. Hard to tell if the issue is on apple's end or AT&T's (or whichever carrier you chose) end. But the bottom line is, the consumer gets screwed. As usual.
    ATT STORE FTW!
    16GB Black
    10-07-2011 04:12 AM
    Holy crap!!

I was sick of waiting for Apple's site, so I went to AT&T's site only to get a message telling me that my unlimited data plan was removed!! WTF???
    10-07-2011 04:13 AM
    Now the message through Apple is ....................

We are currently experiencing high volumes of iPhone orders and may require up to 1 minutes to access your AT&T account information. In order to maintain the priority of your order, please remain on this page.

Followed by

Your request couldnt be processed.

Were sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later.
    10-07-2011 04:13 AM
    Got this email a little bit ago:

Your iPhone order is ready to complete. Please click here to return to Apple.com to complete your order.

In order to maintain the priority of your order, you will need to complete your order by Saturday, October 8, 5:00PM PDT.

In order to complete your order you will need to:

Confirm your iPhone pricing
    Select a data plan
    Choose where to get your new iPhone and check out

Your reservation number is X. If you have any issues completing your order, please call 1-800-MY-APPLE.

So I'm hoping that means that I have my phone:-) Assuming I login and complete my order which isn't working right now.
    10-07-2011 04:14 AM
    Well I made it all the way to "please verify your account" on the app store app. Now it says "checking your eligibility and pricing." Why do I get the feeling I'm going to get an "unable to complete request" message very soon?

Oh wait, just got it. Now I'll keep trying and probably keep getting that same error message over and over.

Fun!
    10-07-2011 04:15 AM
    I am merging my wife's phone and my phone from our respective parents' family plans to a new plan for us on ATT. I have made it to the "Do you want to keep your number" page, but I have no idea what the account data is for these two accounts. If I pick "give me a new number" can I port my current number for free when I activate it?
    Anybody know the answer to this?? Should I call it a night and wait till I can get the info in the morning, or should I proceed with my order and port the numbers later?
    10-07-2011 04:16 AM
    It is really tempting to jump ship to verizon just so I can order this phone right now. . .
    I've got the Verizon page all filled out. Maybe its a sign to jump from ATT. I like the faster data of ATT though..... DAMM
    10-07-2011 04:17 AM
    Got this email a little bit ago:

Your iPhone order is ready to complete. Please click here to return to Apple.com to complete your order.

In order to maintain the priority of your order, you will need to complete your order by Saturday, October 8, 5:00PM PDT.

In order to complete your order you will need to:

Confirm your iPhone pricing
    Select a data plan
    Choose where to get your new iPhone and check out

Your reservation number is X. If you have any issues completing your order, please call 1-800-MY-APPLE.

So I'm hoping that means that I have my phone:-) Assuming I login and complete my order which isn't working right now.
    How far in the process did you get. I never got to a process where my email was input. Are they retrieving email addresses from your carrier during the order?
    10-07-2011 04:18 AM
    I said I was giving it a rest before, but I mean it now, I'm getting sleepy. I'll try again in a little while. We've been at this for over an hour!
    10-07-2011 04:20 AM
1,935 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD