I also received notice today that UPS would be the shipper, but no specific info about Next Day service. I'm still expecting it Friday.
    Correction: I didn't notice this on the right column of the UPS site.
    UPS Next Day Air Saver
    10-12-2011 05:15 PM
    I'm never gonna get the shipment email. Sigh.
    keep your head up!!!
    10-12-2011 05:19 PM
    I received the shipping confirmation e-mail this morning, but when I click the link to UPS to track the phone, this comes up on the site:

UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

The shipping number is there though...what gives?
    10-12-2011 05:21 PM
    This sucks, I ordered mine on apple.ca right when it when live(3:30am I thinkish) and still nothing. Apple is still processing my order. If it's coming from hong kong I don't think I'll see it in 45 hours.

Guess I'll go and buy one in store hopefully, then return the delivered one once it arrives next week.
    Me too!:
    10-12-2011 05:23 PM
    I received my shipping notice from AT&T. It's shipping via FedEx and will be delivered Friday. I, like most people, work during the day and won't be home to sign. Does FedEx have a form or something I can put on my door that says I give the driver permission to leave the package without me being home?
    I know that the email I got from Apple had a option to pre-sign for it (not sure if AT&T does this but you could probably call FedEx with the tracking # and see), but I'm a little nervous leaving it sitting at my front door of my appartment all day. So I can either not pre-sign and it'll sit at the front office until they open on Sat. or I could ask my cute SINGLE neighbor if she can grab it? Hmm, tough choice there.
    10-12-2011 05:25 PM
    Me too!:
    Me too. I called Apple and they said mine is shipping from Pennsylvania and I will get it on Friday still.
    10-12-2011 05:27 PM
    So I can get a better handle on this, where did you order yours from? From Apple?....ATT?.....Verizon?
    talking about treating Sprint like a red headed step child...lol
    Mac Protools
    ksheffler likes this.
    10-12-2011 05:28 PM
    got mine finally.
    10-12-2011 05:38 PM
    This sucks, I ordered mine on apple.ca right when it when live(3:30am I thinkish) and still nothing. Apple is still processing my order. If it's coming from hong kong I don't think I'll see it in 45 hours.

Guess I'll go and buy one in store hopefully, then return the delivered one once it arrives next week.
    I already spoke with Apple about this as I ordered from Apple.ca also.

For some reason orders to Canada ship ON the 14th, not before. I was a little choked when she told me that.

If it helps, 2 day shipping was only $13 when I asked about it so I switched to that.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 GM
    10-12-2011 05:52 PM
    I placed two separate orders on the 7th because of the madness right when pre-orders went live. I have received a shipping notification for one from Apple and the other one still says preparing for shipment. Not feeling to confident about me getting my phone on Friday.
    If the delivery date says 10/14, you will get it then... I can guarantee it.
    10-12-2011 05:55 PM
    I ordered my Verizon, 4s 32gb about 10:30 on 10/7.

Just got my email with tracking number from Verizon about 4:30. Phone is in transit from Memphis. Enroute to Cincinnati. Should be here tonight. Im crossing fingers it will be delivered tomorrow, but it says it was shipped 10/12, 2nd day air, with delivery on 10/14 by 4:30pm to my work place.
    10-12-2011 06:05 PM
    This year has been the biggest mess for me.. Two of my preorders were canceled I finally have a preorder that has stuck all ordered on the 7th and they told me that I should get the phone within 14 days im pretty pissed off considering I was one of the first people to order it as I stayed up to do it... my order isnt showing up on the att website and all I can do is call in about it to find status... it really makes me want to go to verizon or sprint
    10-12-2011 06:07 PM
    I FINALLY have a tracking number from Fedex but it isn't showing any information so it will probably show up tomorrow!

I should have it tomorrow and for sure Friday
    10-12-2011 06:10 PM
    Has anyone who preordered from sprint seen their tracking number do anything yet? Mine still says label created, waiting for package to arrive at UPS.
    10-12-2011 06:17 PM
    I think we're all crazy waiting for the 4s!
    Once we finally find out date of delivery be careful not to take a shower,turn the tv or music up loud etc... because that will be the moment UPS rings the bell(when you don't expect it and don't hear him knocking...l(than what)
    10-12-2011 06:40 PM
    I got my confirmation email from Verizon @ 12 pm Hawaii Standard Time and its coming from Ontario, Ca. It should be here by 10/13.
    10-12-2011 06:41 PM
    Has anyone who preordered from sprint seen their tracking number do anything yet? Mine still says label created, waiting for package to arrive at UPS.
    Nope,same as you!
    when did u order??
    10-12-2011 06:42 PM
    I got my confirmation email from Verizon @ 12 pm Hawaii Standard Time and its coming from Ontario, Ca. It should be here by 10/13.
    Maybe our phones were travel buddies! Mine is coming from Ontario also. Cheers to new phones!!!
    10-12-2011 06:42 PM
    BTW;anyone know how many of us on this forum is waiting?
    cupk8princess and ksheffler like this.
    10-12-2011 06:43 PM
    Ordered from the Canadian site right at launch. Just got Preparing For Shipment.

How long did it take you dudes in the US for it to start shipping?
    10-12-2011 06:53 PM
    So, am I the only one who made the mistake of using AT&Ts Upgrader App? I got my confirmation email at 7:45a on the 7th. I wasn't able to check my status until the 10th, when I got my processed email, on ATT.com, where SURPRISE! my order shows it was placed on the 10th. My first email confirms a 14th delivery, probably not going to happen, right?

Any other Upgrader users?
    10-12-2011 06:59 PM
    So, am I the only one who made the mistake of using AT&Ts Upgrader App? I got my confirmation email at 7:45a on the 7th. I wasn't able to check my status until the 10th, when I got my processed email, on ATT.com, where SURPRISE! my order shows it was placed on the 10th. My first email confirms a 14th delivery, probably not going to happen, right?

Any other Upgrader users?
    I didn't use the upgrader app (still running OS 3.1). just ordered from the AT&T website.
    However, I am currently in the exact same situation.
    Ordered on Friday about 7:15am EST. Status did not show up until the 10th at about 8pm.
    Now it just shows "BackOrdered" and based on the online chat with CSR from AT&T, I could be waiting up to 28 days for shipment
    *also I am going to mention that the UPS and FedEx "reference" tracking trick did not work for both my orders
    10-12-2011 07:02 PM
    I think we're all crazy waiting for the 4s!
    Once we finally find out date of delivery be careful not to take a shower,turn the tv or music up loud etc... because that will be the moment UPS rings the bell(when you don't expect it and don't hear him knocking...l(than what)
    Dude that is not even right. Now I'm going to have to sleep in the porch. :-)
    10-12-2011 07:05 PM
    Finally got my shipped email from Apple!!! 14 is the day. I'm off that day . Anyone else taking the day.
    10-12-2011 07:06 PM
    I didn't use the upgrader app (still running OS 3.1). just ordered from the AT&T website.
    However, I am currently in the exact same situation.
    Ordered on Friday about 7:15am EST. Status did not show up until the 10th at about 8pm.
    Now it just shows "BackOrdered" and based on the online chat with CSR from AT&T, I could be waiting up to 28 days for shipment
    *also I am going to mention that the UPS and FedEx "reference" tracking trick did not work for both my orders
    When I called last night, the rep said he didn't see any issues with my order and it would be shipping on the 14th, along with every other ATT preorder....something tells me, I've been had.
    10-12-2011 07:18 PM
1,935 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD