Go to UPS.com, cluck tracking, then track by reference. Take the order number Apple gave you, remove the last two digits, and paste that as a resource number, then put United States and your zip and see if it might have shipped. My status on apple.com is still "preparing for shipment", but the phones actually on its way to kentucky
    I tried what you suggested. Returned no results.
    10-12-2011 04:13 PM
    Uh should I be worried if UPS doesn't seem to have any record of my shipment?

I enter the tracking number and get no results.

Curious...
    10-12-2011 04:19 PM
    Anyone who used flightaware.com, how can I track plane my package is going to be on/ is currently on?
    Really? REALLY??? I thought that I was ADD
    jodime likes this.
    10-12-2011 04:20 PM
    Uh should I be worried if UPS doesn't seem to have any record of my shipment?

I enter the tracking number and get no results.

Curious...
    You shouldn't be worried. This means UPS hasn't picked up your package yet. As soon as they do the initial scan, the tracking will be updated.
    jimmysuggs likes this.
    10-12-2011 04:23 PM
    My brothers and my iPhone shipped 2 hours ago! How exciting, I was waiting forever for that email... can't wait for Friday!
    10-12-2011 04:24 PM
    Boom. Just got my Verizon tracking information. Black 32GB iPhone 4S ordered at 10:15AM Friday.

It was shipped via UPS 2nd Day Air. Arrives on Friday.
    10-12-2011 04:25 PM
    Mine is leaving Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong and wifes is in KY. Both ordered with Apple and I ordered mine about 5 hours before hers.
    10-12-2011 04:29 PM
    They'll all get here on time! haha.
    10-12-2011 04:32 PM
    My brothers and my iPhone shipped 2 hours ago! How exciting, I was waiting forever for that email... can't wait for Friday!
    So I can get a better handle on this, where did you order yours from? From Apple?....ATT?.....Verizon?
    10-12-2011 04:33 PM
    This sucks, I ordered mine on apple.ca right when it when live(3:30am I thinkish) and still nothing. Apple is still processing my order. If it's coming from hong kong I don't think I'll see it in 45 hours.

Guess I'll go and buy one in store hopefully, then return the delivered one once it arrives next week.
    10-12-2011 04:35 PM
    ok.. then my theory is right.. Those that ordered from their carriers, the phones are here in the warehouses so they are not travelling as far (so they do not have far to go thus shipping out after those from apple) as those who ordered from apple.com. Those are coming from China, farther distance so shipping before the others (and it's apple too so..). Kinda explains why those of us who ordered from our carriers are not seeing much activity other than receiving our tracking numbers. I assume we will see activity tomorrow when the majority go out.
    I ordered from apple's website, not my carrier. My status is still processing but Apple says my phone is shipping from within US...
    10-12-2011 04:36 PM
    This sucks, I ordered mine on apple.ca right when it when live(3:30am I thinkish) and still nothing. Apple is still processing my order. If it's coming from hong kong I don't think I'll see it in 45 hours.

Guess I'll go and buy one in store hopefully, then return the delivered one once it arrives next week.
    Don't worry. Apple has a backlog of tracking info they are trying to update, so you probably will receive your tracking info tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Stupidkid likes this.
    10-12-2011 04:39 PM
    Just got a tracking number on the ATT order update site. I ordered on Friday, OCT 7th at 9AM by phone. Doesn't say were its shipping from, Just know that I have a tracking number!
    10-12-2011 04:43 PM
    Don't worry. Apple has a backlog of tracking info they are trying to update, so you probably will receive your tracking info tonight or tomorrow morning.
    This, I got my tracking info email from Apple this morning. Looks like it's in Anchorage, AK right now.
    10-12-2011 04:45 PM
    This, I got my tracking info email from Apple this morning. Looks like it's in Anchorage, AK right now.
    Probably nestled nicely next to mine!
    10-12-2011 04:47 PM
    I placed two separate orders on the 7th because of the madness right when pre-orders went live. I have received a shipping notification for one from Apple and the other one still says preparing for shipment. Not feeling to confident about me getting my phone on Friday.
    10-12-2011 04:47 PM
    I received my shipping notice from AT&T. It's shipping via FedEx and will be delivered Friday. I, like most people, work during the day and won't be home to sign. Does FedEx have a form or something I can put on my door that says I give the driver permission to leave the package without me being home?
    10-12-2011 04:50 PM
    Just got a shipment confirmation with a FEDEX tracking #. But the tracking # doesn't show any updates yet.
    10-12-2011 04:52 PM
    My blackberry is down so i kept checking my mailbox and I got my tracking number! I ordered 3 phones. One is being shipped UPS and one is being shipped FedEx the 3rd one hasn't gotten any love yet. The one via UPS has no information other than the tracking number (I was emailed @ 8:30am). The one from FedEx said it was picked up in Ontario, CA @ 12:10pm (I still have not gotten an email to my damn blackberry). Also, the 3rd phone I ordered I have yet to get any information on it. My phones are going to Los Angeles, CA. I hope that it really doesn't take 2days to get from Ontario to LA... I'm willing to drive and go pick it up. -just saything... one spoiled blackberry.
    10-12-2011 05:01 PM
    I'm never gonna get the shipment email. Sigh.
    10-12-2011 05:04 PM
    My AT&T Premier order has shipped! Ordered 64gb 4S White at 8:30am (eastern - US), Oct 7 from att.com

I have a UPS tracking number, but UPS says "UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later."

I'm encouraged...

(P.S. - the Premier order status page doesn't say it's shipped, but the order page within my account on att.com does -- I still haven't received an email about the shipment)
    Last edited by rprather; 10-12-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: more info
    10-12-2011 05:06 PM
    My AT&T Premier order has shipped! Ordered 64gb 4S White at 8:30am (eastern - US), Oct 7 from att.com

I have a UPS tracking number, but UPS says "UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later."

I'm encouraged...
    I have the same model and mine hasn't shipped, that I know off, did you get the email?
    10-12-2011 05:06 PM
    I'm never gonna get the shipment email. Sigh.
    Don't lose hope! I know by the UPS tracking number that mine is on the move, and I have neither received an e-mail with tracking info or seen an update beyond Preparing to Ship on the Apple site, and I found the tracking number at UPS about five hours ago.
    cr12#IM likes this.
    10-12-2011 05:08 PM
    I have the same model and mine hasn't shipped, that I know off, did you get the email?
    No email - go login to your att.com account and check the order there.
    10-12-2011 05:08 PM
    No email - go login to your att.com account and check the order there.
    Ok yeah I saw that then too
    10-12-2011 05:10 PM
1,935 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD