ordered my white 32g iphone through apple.com
    reserved it about 2 am pacific time (California)
    finished the order through apple about noon same day
    as of 9:55 local time apple.com still says "preparing for shipment"
    been trying the ups trick until 8ish pm and no result
    i dont know when it came up but at 9:30pm the 11th i used the reference search by ups and a tracking info came up.
    this is what it says so far
    Shenzhen, China 10/12/2011 3:33 A.M. Origin Scan
    China 10/12/2011 11:37 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

for those who dont know the ups trick here's how:
    go to ups website. on top select tracking. then it will take you to a tracking page. on the side select track by reference. for the reference my shipment has 6 different alpha numeric reference numbers so far i have no idea what 4 of them are but for sure one of them is my phone number and the other one is the order number given by apple but it doesnt include the last 2 digit (too close to be coincidence)...
    Same here....well except everything is 3 hours difference(Michigan)
    10-12-2011 04:46 AM
    My iPhone came today, I'm waiting for my mommy to bring it home =), I should have a video and pictures up in about a hour Or two
    i be sure to shout all yall out tomorrow when i make my video of my new iphone 4s.
    Hey, Devin, What happened to the video that you promised us?
    10-12-2011 05:04 AM
    This does work...Apple says my order is "Preparing for shipment" but after doing this is says my order is activley on the way.

Your iPhone 4S may have already shipped. Here's how to check | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Hope this helps.
    10-12-2011 05:14 AM
    Nice tip. I was on the computer with everybody on pre-order wanting to do a pre-order than guys were getting emails from there carriers saying 14th to 21st shipping, etc. So I decided waiting in line on launch day is my best bet. Alot of people will be getting late shipments however. Good luck to you. What city is your phone in now since you did confirm your tracking and did it say you will recieve it on the 14th.
    10-12-2011 05:46 AM
    here comes the verizon orders: do the UPS trick it just popped up - mine is coming from china with a guaranteed morning delivery by friday!!!
    Ok, I thought VzW used FedEx.

What did you enter into the UPS site to get your tracking info?

BTW, My card was charged about 3pm yesterday and my status page shows delivery by 10/14.

Having the iPhone4s Black 32gb delivered to my work location. My first iPhone. Coming over from Droid 2. Hope Im not making a mistake.
    10-12-2011 06:07 AM
    Woke up to an email from Verizon saying my phone has shipped via UPS... Tracking number is not valid in UPS system yet but just figured I would inform people that it is happening.
    10-12-2011 06:34 AM
    I just recieved my u p s tracking number email from verizon wireless!!! Ups site does not show information about the tracking number yet however it says it has shipped today!!!!
    10-12-2011 06:36 AM
    Check AT&T orders. Mine shows shipped through FedEx when I woke up this am.
    10-12-2011 06:43 AM
    I got my ups tracking number/shipping email at 12:09am yesterday and ups is still not showing anything just that the ups label has been created and they are waiting on the package to arrive to their facility.. grrrr.. I want activity..
    10-12-2011 06:46 AM
    Ordered my AT&T iPhone from Apple Friday morning. The order status has been "Prepairing for Shipping for the last few days."

Just received an email from AT&T...

"Thank you for choosing AT&T and iPhone!

You can access your Customer Service Summary (CSS) for your iPhone account at any time by clicking here or by visiting att.com and logging into your wireless account.* "

I wonder if this means progress and pending shipment, or anything at all.

Any one else receive an email like this?
    I got that e-mail yesterday.

I'm still STILL!!!!!!!!!! stuck on Preparing for Shipment. UPS trick doesn't work yet. CC charge still processing. Black 64 ordered from Apple 05:15 Friday. Maybe I'll only check 4000 times today instead of 5000. Maybe I'll install OS5 on something when I get home.
    10-12-2011 06:47 AM
    STILL processing. Nothing wrong with my card as they were able to bill my Applecare+ just fine. I'm getting more than a little worried it isn't going to get here on time.
    10-12-2011 07:07 AM
    I'm thinking Siri may have ordered a hit on him, since it was 3 days early and all.
    10-12-2011 07:08 AM
    i still have no charge on my credit card, no update saying it's going to be shipped, the UPS trick does not work, and nothing from verizon. so frustrating!! i ordered my phone 8:00AM on Oct 7 from Verizon Wireless website. not sure what's going on, but i hope they start processing soon!
    10-12-2011 07:11 AM
    Checked my order through AT&T this morning and I have a tracking number. It's shipping through UPS. No activity on the tracking number yet though.
    10-12-2011 07:14 AM
    You guys, I'm willing to bet all preordered devices done on the 7th will be shipped today, or tomorrow at the latest - and will still arrive late afternoon Friday.

The preordering system is so messed up it seems, unorganized and random, but I think they got it figured out. What might help is just trying not to look at your status', and I'm willing to bet your orders all arrive on time.
    Mac Protools likes this.
    I got my ups tracking number/shipping email at 12:09am yesterday and ups is still not showing anything just that the ups label has been created and they are waiting on the package to arrive to their facility.. grrrr.. I want activity..
    same here,sprint debited my card right away after i ordered on 10/7 @ 5:07 am...I still have faith it'll be here on friday by the way does your ups status say 2nd day air?
    Mac Protools_
    Check AT&T orders. Mine shows shipped through FedEx when I woke up this am.
    Mine also.

Ordered at 9:30am ish on the 7th @ AT&T Store
    10-12-2011 07:15 AM
    My status has changed as of this morning, and has shipped via fedex! I can rest now!!!!!!!!
    10-12-2011 07:16 AM
    same here,sprint debited my card right away after i ordered on 10/7 @ 5:07 am...I still have faith it'll be here on friday by the way does your ups status say 2nd day air?
    Mac Protools_
    yep! it sure does. I think it will make it too.
    Mac Protools likes this.
    10-12-2011 07:17 AM
    I see a thread in a couple of days saying "Hey guys, sorry for the delay, I'm having so much fun with this phone i forgot to post a video!" and then a video comes up...which just shows something random, which won't be able to prove whether its an iPhone 4S or not, and that'll be it...
    10-12-2011 07:25 AM
    I love that everyone is so jealous that they automatically assume the guy is lying.
    10-12-2011 07:27 AM
    You would think since he got his phone yesterday and posted that his mom had to bring it to him that he would have been on here, because he would be the very first person on TIPB with a Iphone4S so I call BS too.
    10-12-2011 07:29 AM
    I love that everyone is so jealous that they automatically assume the guy is lying.
    Jealous? lol...not at all. Skeptical? Absolutely...and bored.
    Fausty82 and SkydivingRN like this.
    10-12-2011 07:30 AM
    Yay!
    Enjoy!
    10-12-2011 07:32 AM
    Shipment showed up on UPS around midnight Oct 11. Apple sent the "your iphone has shipped" at 5:48am on Oct 12. Order status online shows tracking link AND link to pre-sign for shipment. Delivery set for Friday "by the end of the day". I ordered va Apple website approx 6am Oct 7. No sign yet of shipment of black 16gb I ordered at 6pm.

According to ups tracking it shipped on Oct 12 at noon, China time, 12 hours ahead of eastern time. Ups only lets you check up to current day, so I think the tracking trick only works when your time zone catches up with your shipping day. (trick=go to ups.com, find tracking, select tab for "track by reference", enter the phone number with your apple id account--try every number if you aren't sure, enter country and zip).

No charge shows yet on my credit card. Got a phone number in my email and it doesn't show up yet on my family plan. No one answered, I had to try.
    10-12-2011 07:33 AM
1,935 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD