Ordered a Black 64GB and a Black 32GB from Sprint around 7:30am CST on 10/7. Currently the status still shows "Your order is being processed. If you have any questions, please contact a representative at your original point of purchase."

I really hope I get a tracking number today
    10-10-2011 12:06 PM
    Shipment Notification Email from Apple!!!

Shipped on Oct 10, 2011 from China
    Delivery on Oct 14th by end of day

.......what time is end of day?
    10-10-2011 12:12 PM
    After staying up until 3AM EST, and hitting refresh on my browser (Safari on MacBook Pro, even) for about 20 minutes with no luck at apple.com, I tried calling 1-800-MY APPLE and received the message "due to high call volume, we can not take your call at this time.". I then preceded to verizon's website where it took me less than 5 minutes to order and purchase my black 32GB iPhone 4s. I couldn't believe it! For me, Verizon was simply the vehicle that allowed me to use Apple's product, but I couldn't have gotten an iPhone without them! I couldn't believe what a let down the Apple experience was, and equally couldn't believe how easy it was to get it from Verizon!
    Still an Apple fanboy though
    10-10-2011 12:15 PM
    I reserved a white 32gb one, ended up getting through to the pre-ordering site at 2:55 AM on thursday night, idk how or why I got in so early, but I guess it was a glitch haha.

It's said that night, and still says today that they've "received my order and are processing it" and that the ship date is: Oct. 14, 2011.
    10-10-2011 12:16 PM
    After staying up until 3AM EST, and hitting refresh on my browser (Safari on MacBook Pro, even) for about 20 minutes with no luck at apple.com, I tried calling 1-800-MY APPLE and received the message "due to high call volume, we can not take your call at this time.". I then preceded to verizon's website where it took me less than 5 minutes to order and purchase my black 32GB iPhone 4s. I couldn't believe it! For me, Verizon was simply the vehicle that allowed me to use Apple's product, but I couldn't have gotten an iPhone without them! I couldn't believe what a let down the Apple experience was, and equally couldn't believe how easy it was to get it from Verizon!
    Still an Apple fanboy though
    I am a verizon customer as well and can't believe they are upgrading at no charge after 1 year, 3 months with a blackberry bold and grandfathering unlimited data plan. However, ordered from apple directly because I want AppleCare+. However, ordering process on Friday wasn't very smooth although got it done after several tries. As long as I get the phone, I am happy!
    10-10-2011 12:20 PM
    I pre-ordered 2 Black 64GB iPhone 4S phones. My wife and I were both eligible for an upgrade. I did it via Verizon's website, not Apples, and did it around 4:15 AM ET. No issues whatsoever. Verizon even applied the last New Every Two discount ever to my wife's line. They are scheduled to arrive on the 14th as of this morning. First iPhone, since we were still under contract when the 4 arrived on Verizon and did not want to pay to break it. Cannot wait for Friday!
    10-10-2011 12:29 PM
    White 16gb and 64gb for AT&T. Both prepari9ng for shipment. I'll be checking the site throughout the day eagerly awaiting a tracking number. Stoked for Friday!
    10-10-2011 12:32 PM
    Just called the Sprint customer service line. They provided my order number since I never received a confirmation email from my order on 10/7 @ 330am PST. Looks like its still processing, no tracking number yet.
    10-10-2011 12:32 PM
    So i just ordered a 32gb 4S from Sprint, i got my email confirmation, for anyone who ordered from sprint how long did it take to get a tracking number for shipping status?
    10-10-2011 12:44 PM
    Shipment Notification Email from Apple!!!

Shipped on Oct 10, 2011 from China
    Delivery on Oct 14th by end of day

.......what time is end of day?
    When I pre-ordered the 3GS and fedex came to my house they delivered it at the 1 to 2pm time. I was so mad because people who stood in line got theirs that morning. So when I pre-ordered the iPhone4 I went down to my local Apple store with registration in hand and was out of the store with my shiny new phone by 8:30am. So needless to say I was disappointed when the only option from Apple this year was to ship it.
    10-10-2011 12:45 PM
    Lol getting mad that it was delivered to your house at 1-2pm on launch day? cmon. thats not the end of the world.
    10-10-2011 12:47 PM
    Ordered 64G black, AT&T last Friday. Ordered mid-morning (EDT) through the Apple Store app on my current iphone (white 3GS) - it took about 30 seconds. Status is "Preparing for Shipment." That's been the status since yesterday. Projected delivery is Friday Oct. 14.
    10-10-2011 12:53 PM
    unable to pre order one because Apple didn't release it in HK.
    That's a bummer. I'm sure you'll be able to buy one from a "smuggler" for twice the retail price during the weekend. Singapore gets it Oct. 28th. Take a holiday trip?

The opening day of availability in China & HK are going to be insane!
    10-10-2011 12:55 PM
    Ordered Black 64 Gb phone on At&T through At&T. Web-site shows order "Processing" nad has done for last 3 days (ordered 10/7). No ship date other than a note saying it will ship on the day shown when initailly ordered (ship 10/14/11) or after! No t really helpful.
    10-10-2011 12:58 PM
    So i just ordered a 32gb 4S from Sprint, i got my email confirmation, for anyone who ordered from sprint how long did it take to get a tracking number for shipping status?
    Sprint is just starting to send out the tracking numbers. Gotta be mobile stated they ordered one and have a tracking number. I pre-ordered a black 16gb iPhone 4s on friday morning around 9:30 CST. I have not gotten a tracking number. Just the e-mail that a shiny new iPhone is waiting for me.
    10-10-2011 01:07 PM
    Ordered 3 64G 4S (2 white and 1 black) units at 4:18 AM US CDT on the first day (Friday). Have received confirmation for all three. The two white ones are processing for shipping, the black one is backorder.

I used the AT&T Upgrade app and it worked well.

I ordered the black first and then the two white ones. The last order was the first one to move to processing. What gives? Am I going to watch my wife and daughter play with their new phones and have to wait a couple of more weeks for mine?
    10-10-2011 01:12 PM
    Im not worried apparently it will be shipped no later then saturday. When it comes i will be happy no rush, just as long as i have one and dont have to wait 3 weeks after the sell out.
    10-10-2011 01:14 PM
    I ordered Friday morning and got the confirmation at 4AM CST. Still no tracking info. But I'm reading they just started sending them out this morning.
    10-10-2011 01:28 PM
    Going from a 32GB 3GS to a Black 32GB 4S on AT&T (same carrier)... Ordering was a pain as Apple wouldn't process my order until 7:30am (various errors validating my existing phone, validating credit card, etc.) I'm assuming most were volume-related. AT&T validated my order, then Chase declined my card due to suspicious activity (probably all the queries against it from the attempts.) Finally Apple took my order and as of Monday @ 1:30pm eastern, it's still saying "preparing to ship", as it has for the past 36 hours.

Jon
    10-10-2011 01:34 PM
    I guess I ordered early enough to be in the first shipment! I am curious, for those of us that have received tracking number, it looks like we all ordered directly from Apple; maybe ours are already shipped because they are coming from China. Maybe AT&T, Verizon and Sprint already have theirs in inventory, so those are already here in the states and don't have to be shipped today. Any chance that is correct? Has anyone ordered from the cell phone carriers received notice that their phone has shipped? Or are all phone being shipped by Apple no matter where you ordered from?

I did order from Apple at 3:45am EST, moments after their site finally when live, so I am not surprised my is arriving Friday.
    10-10-2011 01:36 PM
    Status of my order: Canceled. I have had my first truly bad experience with AT&T and I will say that I am very disappointed. Here's what happened:

- I preordered my 4S on Saturday the 8th. I wanted to wait a day to see if it was all going to be really worth it. I knew that meant my order would probably be delayed, but was fine with that.

- I had recently changed my billing address via AT&T's website because I recently moved. But when I placed my order, for some reason, it told me my phone was going to be shipped to my old address. I immediately called AT&T, but they told me there was nothing they could do on the weekend and I had to call their "premier" number on Monday. I never received any email confirming my order, which I thought was strange.

- Today (Monday), I spent close to 2 hours on the phone with various people at AT&T. The first rep I spoke with had the IQ of a brick. Sorry, but it's true. She just could not understand what I was asking (specifically, to which address would my phone be shipped and, if they can't tell me that, can I just have it shipped to my local AT&T store?). She kept making mistakes and constantly mentioned something about their "back end" department. She then said my phone was going to arrive on the 14th, which I knew wasn't true because I had not placed my order on the 7th. After going around in circles with her, I asked for a supervisor.

- The "supervisor" was only slightly more helpful and could not say definitively to where my phone was being shipped. She could not change the shipping so that the phone would be held at my local AT&T store, for what reason, I don't know. She too could not really confirm to which address my phone would be shipped, my old address or my new one.

At the end of all this, I finally got so fed up that I canceled my order. The reps I spoke with were horrible. I was constantly being placed on hold and they seemed unable to do anything (update my billing address again, have the phone shipped to my local AT&T store, etc).

So, I think for now I'm just going to wait. I may upgrade, I may not. To be honest, this experience has left little to be desired. I've always been very happy with AT&T, and I'm hoping this is an isolated experience. Between my iPhone purchases and monthly cell bills, I give them A LOT of business (as I'm sure most of us do).
    10-10-2011 01:56 PM
    I remember hearing that with the iPhone 4 some people got their phones a day early. Does this ring a bell with anybody? I sure hope it is the case. Thursday is lightyears ahead of Friday. Luckily Wednesday is before any of those and that is when we get iOS 5 (and the day that I will be winning my free iPhone 4S from tIpb! Oh what a great day that will be!)
    10-10-2011 01:57 PM
    Status of my order: Canceled. I have had my first truly bad experience with AT&T and I will say that I am very disappointed. Here's what happened:

- I preordered my 4S on Saturday the 8th. I wanted to wait a day to see if it was all going to be really worth it. I knew that meant my order would probably be delayed, but was fine with that.

- I had recently changed my billing address via AT&T's website because I recently moved. But when I placed my order, for some reason, it told me my phone was going to be shipped to my old address. I immediately called AT&T, but they told me there was nothing they could do on the weekend and I had to call their "premier" number on Monday. I never received any email confirming my order, which I thought was strange.

- Today (Monday), I spent close to 2 hours on the phone with various people at AT&T. The first rep I spoke with had the IQ of a brick. Sorry, but it's true. She just could not understand what I was asking (specifically, to which address would my phone be shipped and, if they can't tell me that, can I just have it shipped to my local AT&T store?). She kept making mistakes and constantly mentioned something about their "back end" department. She then said my phone was going to arrive on the 14th, which I knew wasn't true because I had not placed my order on the 7th. After going around in circles with her, I asked for a supervisor.

- The "supervisor" was only slightly more helpful and could not say definitively to where my phone was being shipped. She could not change the shipping so that the phone would be held at my local AT&T store, for what reason, I don't know. She too could not really confirm to which address my phone would be shipped, my old address or my new one.

At the end of all this, I finally got so fed up that I canceled my order. The reps I spoke with were horrible. I was constantly being placed on hold and they seemed unable to do anything (update my billing address again, have the phone shipped to my local AT&T store, etc).

So, I think for now I'm just going to wait. I may upgrade, I may not. To be honest, this experience has left little to be desired. I've always been very happy with AT&T, and I'm hoping this is an isolated experience. Between my iPhone purchases and monthly cell bills, I give them A LOT of business (as I'm sure most of us do).
    Luckily now you have the option of switching carriers. This will hopefully force they carriers to have better customer service. (probably not, but we can hope!)
    10-10-2011 01:59 PM
    Lol getting mad that it was delivered to your house at 1-2pm on launch day? cmon. thats not the end of the world.
    I know it's trivial in grand scheme of things :-) but when I wants my gadget I wants. What was more annoying was sitting at home having taken the day off waiting for the delivery and reading on tipb everyone else rejoicing cuz they had gotten theirs. I'm addicted. I need help.
    10-10-2011 02:00 PM
    I ordered a total of four phones on the 7th: Two from the Apple store for AT&T (16GB White, 64GB Black), one from AT&T (64GB Black), and one from Sprint (32GB White). So far only the Sprint order has a tracking number, though no tracking information is available yet. The Apple store items are listed as "Processing Items" and the AT&T item is listed as "In Progress, Pending Shipment."
    Last edited by SmirkingRevenge; 10-10-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    10-10-2011 02:01 PM
1,935 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD