Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

Enforcer#IM

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Went to AT&T store and attempted to pre-order (2) 32GB Black phones. Ran into (2) issues:
1) Shipping will be in 2 or 3 weeks. Do not understand why I can not pick it up on the 14. Asked if I wait until 14, salesman stated that there is a good chance I will get what I want, they will have plenty of phones.
2) Can not get the new iPhone Apple Care on pre-orders. Apple rules indicate that you must purchase it at time of purchasing the phone, which is date you accept it and activate it, whenever that is. That will not be date of your purchase receipt, which is apple rules. I double checked it through Apple web site and it specifically states must be purchased at time you purchase phone. I can purchase AT&T plan at 9.99 a month. NO WAY.
Other issue is that I have unlimited data plan, which I can keep. But it appears it will not be at my current monthly billing rate. Still waiting on how much it will cost me.

AT&T finally got back to me. He stated "DO NOT" order from their web site if you have unlimited data plan. So if you want to keep unlimited data plan and get the NEW Apple Care replacement plan, go to the brick and mortar store on the 14 or after.

Last edited:

foggylemon

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I did my order last night on Sprints website around 1:30am I got the 16gb white model. I still haven't got my confirmation email yet, but they did start charging my card. Has anyone that ordered with Sprint got their confirmation email yet?

I got my confirmation email. They also charged my card. Maybe check your spam? I got it right after the order went through.

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt you will see your iPhone before Thursday, remember iOS5 launches OTA on October 12th...the software comes before the new phone according to Apple history..still only days away though!

The GM seed is out.. iOS 5 is done.... all the iPhone 4S's are loaded with it... if they aren't.... no ones getting their phone on time lol.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
When I ordered my iphone 4 on verizon I had a tracking number friday (preorders were thur at 301 am) and got it monday or tues a few days before it was released in stores.

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't even get into my Apple account page to check my order status - they've been up and down all day long.

"We'll be back soon" "We're busy updating the store for you and we'll be back shortly."

I got my confirmation e-mail though, so I'm happy.

I just like seeing the "Order Processing" or "Order Shipping" messages.

70gsrick

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ordered mine this morning 16gb black. I went through the apple site and it charged me right away. My son ordered his on the AT&T site and I got his confirm email but I haven't seen a charge yet.

Levyesq#IM

Feb 1, 2004
Visit site
Buy Applecare later at physical store

Just got off the phone with Apple because your message was concerning. Although you cannot add Applecare later to a web order even if they didn't offer it, you can go in to a store and buy it later - I always do because the lame web store charges tax on a service, which is wrong - at least here in California. The last time I ordered a phone through the web store I regretted it, but all day in line was too much to repeat this year. I hope it goes better.

I tried to order through Apple but couldnt get through tried til 3:40 at which time I said screw it and ordered through Verizon in 5 min. Got my confirmation email.

Went back to Apple site and it was working. Tried to order Applecare plus but it wouldnt let me without ordering an iphone. Whats up with that??

Anyway, I guess I could cancel my Verizon order and place another order through Apple but at this point if it aint broke dont fix it.

Len
IPhone 4S. Black. 16gig

MarkAllan

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
When I checked on mine, Verizon's website told me there was a technical difficulty while processing my order, so I sent them an email to find out what the problem is.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a 32G 4S Black last night on Sprint. Servers were dicey, but then when they finally came up the ordering was smooth. So hard to wait!

Last edited:

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
So I ordered this morning and they charged my card and all. Ordered from Apple 1 black 64gb and 1 black 16gb. I was expecting to get the option to pickup in store, but it never came. So both my phones say standard shipping 5 to 7 days I think. Shipping on the 14th that really sucks. Anyone tried to change they're shipping?

whispa777

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Last night: Pre-ordered iPhone 4S White 16G with Verizon. Got the confirmation email with in minutes. The process was smooth.

Today: Use the "Order Number" to check my order status. NOTE to Verizon users, the "Order Number" in your confirmation email will NOT get you a status, it will give you an error message. You have to use the "Preorder Confirmation" number to check your status.

My status is currently "We received your order and it is in process"

Enforcer#IM

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I do not have an iPhone 4. The picture of the iPhone 4S seems to indicate a small difference on the face, a third hole above the screen and the metal side has cuts in different areas.

This indicates to me that the iPhone 4 cases might not work with the iPhone 4S.

Does anyone know yet?