Not very comforting if I go to check the status of my reservation now, I get an error.
    10-07-2011 05:09 AM
    No, through apple site directly.
    Strange, just one of the ones that takes a little longer i guess

Not very comforting if I go to check the status of my reservation now, I get an error.
    Having the same problem, so was Double M.
    Don't worry, they have acknowledged that they are holding a phone for us.
    10-07-2011 05:10 AM
    Holy c....
    Just got into apple order tracking page, and I have 4 orders in there! lol
    10-07-2011 05:10 AM
    Strange, just one of the ones that takes a little longer i guess

Having the same problem, so was Double M.
    Don't worry, they have acknowledged that they are holding a phone for us.
    OK, then I'm gonna go back to bed for a few more hours... Hopefully when I awaken I can complete my order. Best of luck to you as well!
    10-07-2011 05:11 AM
    Holy c....
    Just got into apple order tracking page, and I have 4 orders in there! lol
    Yep, whenever i can get into that page i need to delete one that i made on accident, so that someone else can get the one i accidentally pre-ordered.

My computer and phone went through at the exact same time

OK, then I'm gonna go back to bed for a few more hours... Hopefully when I awaken I can complete my order. Best of luck to you as well!
    Goodnight, good luck. See you on the forums!
    10-07-2011 05:12 AM
    I am imagining the folks at AT&T waking up and coming into work with all these backlogs of work and being like "Oh, the pre-orders started TODAY??? Ooops, we really need a better system to remind us of this..."
    10-07-2011 05:13 AM
    Alright
    Tried to stay up and be helpful as much as i could.

Key notes for anyone just waking up
    1. Wait for the page to fully load before continuing. Page resets if still loading and trying to continue on
    2. At&t & Sprint users are still having trouble. You may have to try a lot to get your order placed.
    3. The app works just as well, you just have to fight the error messages.
    4. At&t new customers & Any verizon customer seem to be getting through really easily
    5. At&t will not fill out everything at the moment. Apple isn't getting anything from At&t so they are holding a phone for us and letting us fill out everything later.
    6. Wait for your email. Users have said upwards of 45 minutes before getting their email. You might have to wait a bit. Don't be in a rush and accidentally create 2 or more.
    8. There is no 7
    9. Goodluck to all
    10. Goodnight, or good morning. Doesn't really matter to me at this point.
    EDIT: 11. don't spam the refresh button
    Last edited by Bias X; 10-07-2011 at 05:27 AM.
    10-07-2011 05:21 AM
    Didn't like the whole "reservation number" from Apple so I went through ATT site. Very fast and easy. Delivers on the 14th also etc.
    10-07-2011 05:23 AM
    Unlike Apple, Sprint is allowing pre-orders for new customers, and site is working now! Just got a 16Gb black for me and a white for my wife. No more AT&T for us.
    10-07-2011 05:23 AM
    If you received a confirmation number, look up for the deadline (should be tomorrow at 5PM). I logged in 3 hours later (like 5 minutes ago), and was able to purchase the phone with no problems (delivery scheduled for the 14th). If you still have the unlimited data, it will appear as an option. I received the order acknowledgment within 5 minutes.
    ebedoun likes this.
    10-07-2011 07:06 AM
    Just completed my pre-order at 4am on the Sprint website. Everything was stable and had no problems. Now I hope they don't screw up the shipping. Keeping my finger crossed!
    10-07-2011 07:36 AM
    Well I went to bed for a few more hours, but my e-mail to complete my order came in at 5:45AM it turns out. I just got up around 8:30 and went though and completed the order for my new white 64GB iPhone 4S, to arrive on 10/14. I kept my Unlimited Data and splurged for the 2 years of AppleCare too...

After a nightmare of a start, the end process was fast and painless.
    10-07-2011 08:47 AM
    Didn't like the whole "reservation number" from Apple so I went through ATT site. Very fast and easy. Delivers on the 14th also etc.
    Yeah I did the same. ATT pre order was smooth this morning at 5am central time.
    10-07-2011 10:27 AM
    I cant pre-order b/c i have to switch off my family plan to a single line. Hope theres some left come launch.
    10-07-2011 05:42 PM
    Alright
    Tried to stay up and be helpful as much as i could.

Key notes for anyone just waking up
    1. Wait for the page to fully load before continuing. Page resets if still loading and trying to continue on
    2. At&t & Sprint users are still having trouble. You may have to try a lot to get your order placed.
    3. The app works just as well, you just have to fight the error messages.
    4. At&t new customers & Any verizon customer seem to be getting through really easily
    5. At&t will not fill out everything at the moment. Apple isn't getting anything from At&t so they are holding a phone for us and letting us fill out everything later.
    6. Wait for your email. Users have said upwards of 45 minutes before getting their email. You might have to wait a bit. Don't be in a rush and accidentally create 2 or more.
    8. There is no 7
    9. Goodluck to all
    10. Goodnight, or good morning. Doesn't really matter to me at this point.
    EDIT: 11. don't spam the refresh button

Why can't they spam the refresh? It's what I do when I'm waiting for something impatiently.
    10-07-2011 05:54 PM
    says does not support my sprint plan
    You've got to be on an Everything Data plan.

Mistress of Mischief
    10-07-2011 06:20 PM
    my order went through on sprint without any issues. when i tried on apple the service would not work with my pin and phone number.
    Last edited by D0minoid; 10-08-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: missed data
    10-08-2011 04:51 PM
    I completed my order yesterday at 8:30 am, after I got my reservation number from Apple. I'd like to thank all those who posted in this post, as I kept up with this thread throughout the process. As of now, they say my phone is preparing to ship.
    10-08-2011 08:12 PM
    I can't afford the 4s so I don't know. :o
    10-09-2011 01:41 AM
    I think the carriers website is more likely to crash than Apples.
    10-10-2011 04:35 PM
    Despite the potential risks I'm still excited for the launch.
    10-11-2011 01:38 AM
    I am glad that I have plenty of time before I can get this phone.
    10-12-2011 12:07 AM
    If the odds of the site crashing is more than 50/50 then I am booking a flight to Vegas asap!

"Never tell me the odds," - Han Solo
    10-12-2011 03:05 AM
    It always crashes on my ipod..
    10-12-2011 06:42 PM
    I think everyone running iCloud and restoring to iOS 5 is more of a server crunch than anything else.
    10-12-2011 07:02 PM
300 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD