Thank you for being my iGuru and taking the time to answer my questions
    No problem and I'm no iGuru, I'm just simply here to help!
    10-09-2011 09:26 AM
    Is there really not going to be 1gb of RAM in the 4S?..if so, why couldn't siri work on the ipad2?
    Because it probably can but if they say that it would deter some from upgrading if pretty much every feature would come to older models and not just the 4s.
    10-09-2011 10:25 AM
    Is there really not going to be 1gb of RAM in the 4S?..if so, why couldn't siri work on the ipad2?
    Because it probably can but if they say that it would deter some from upgrading if pretty much every feature would come to older models and not just the 4s.
    Or it could be because of some other reasons we don't know about yet. There's some chatter that the mic might be different in the 4S. The point is that Apple does not have a track record of trying to cheat people out of OS feature upgrades. They usually have a good reason for not allowing a particular feature on certain hardware: either it won't work or it'll work like crap.

Another possibility is between redraider's theory and mine.
    Apple will probably wait until after the end of the holiday quarter and bring Siri to the iPad 2 in the first quarter of 2012. Not only will this give market incentive for people to buy the iPhone 4S by having Siri as a device-exclusive feature during the holiday period, it'll also give Apple's servers and Siri's algorithms time to adjust and scale to the number of inquiries it'll receive.

Once Siri's beta period ends and international rollouts for the iPhone 4S are reasonably complete, that's the perfect time to bring Siri to the iPad 2 in a dot-update to iOS 5. By that time Siri and its supporting infrastructure will be more mature and able to handle the extra load of adding support for one more device type, and it should also help alleviate the typical post-holiday quarter sales slump.

Source
    10-09-2011 12:39 PM
    Fortunately Apple doesn't need to tell us anything about the RAM in iP4S, iFixit will do that for us on launch day.
    10-09-2011 05:42 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD