I have been surfing for some cases for the new 4S I am about to preorder. I am noticing that some sites just have the 4/4S case and they aren't seperated by carrier anymore.

Are they finally going to all use the same body of phone??? By that I mean are all the phones going to be exactly the same with the same shell???

I know when the Verizon ip4 dropped the casing was slightly different as far as the buttons matching up on the outside from Verizon to At&t. Are they now all the same???
    10-06-2011 02:56 PM
    From what I heard on iPhone live is that the 4S is the same as the VZW iPhone.
    10-06-2011 03:00 PM
    Taken directly from apple's website.

"And iPhone 4S is a world phone, so you can use it almost anywhere. Whether you're a GSM or CDMA customer, you can roam GSM networks in 200 countries around the world."

I would assume this means one phone, all carriers. Bodies would be exactly the same. Am I wrong?
    dougmcarthur likes this.
    10-06-2011 03:05 PM
    That would make sense since now the 4S is a world phone with GSM and CDMA built into the device - there's no need to ship different devices for different carriers.
    10-06-2011 03:06 PM
    Taken directly from apple's website.

"And iPhone 4S is a world phone, so you can use it almost anywhere. Whether you're a GSM or CDMA customer, you can roam GSM networks in 200 countries around the world."

I would assume this means one phone, all carriers. Bodies would be exactly the same. Am I wrong?
    Im curious to know if you buy it through Verizon can you put a micro sim and use it in another country instead of just roaming. I can only assume roaming will be expensive and with slow data rates.
    Im sure you will have to do a carrier unlock but will that be all?
    10-06-2011 03:11 PM
    Im curious to know if you buy it through Verizon can you put a micro sim and use it in another country instead of just roaming. I can only assume roaming will be expensive and with slow data rates.
    Im sure you will have to do a carrier unlock but will that be all?
    It will have to be carrier unlocked. That should do it.
    Click likes this.
    10-06-2011 03:19 PM
    Since there has been slight body changes in the past (ATT vs Verizon) i'm just going to hold off on buying any cases...makes no sense...
    10-06-2011 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD