I guess AT&T is getting 2 new customers!

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
We've been wavering about whether to break our Verizon contract and switch to AT&T. Then I noticed that even though we upgraded our (dumb) phones at the same time, only mine is eligible for an upgrade. My husband's phone even had a small data plan on it - mine had none. His isn't eligible for an upgrade until January. Both of these phones have been HORRIBLE. His keeps turning itself off randomly. Mine just stops working for no apparent reason. We are so far beyond ready to get iPhones, it's not even funny.

So I called Verizon. I explained the problem. The lady told me she couldn't upgrade. I told her I was sorry to hear that, that we'd been long-term customers of Verizon, but that if we couldn't upgrade, we'd be switching to AT&T. She put me on hold and connected me with someone in the (I kid you not) Retention Department. Who told me she could waive the upgrade wait for a different phone, but not for the iPhone 4S. So I told her I was sorry to hear that, and that they'd be losing our business.

Really, Verizon?! You had the opportunity to get two people on much higher plans for 2 more years, and you blew it! Over 4 months. Absolutely ridiculous. Here we come, AT&T!

/rant

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Very surprised Verizon was willing to waive the upgrade, but not for the 4S, when in reality they would make more money off of you if they allowed it.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
But won't you have to pay termination fees to leave? It seems like it would cost you a lot more to switch.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
Considering you would have switched to a more expensive plan, I'm surprised they wouldn't do it. Try calling again...maybe if you talk to someone else, you might get somewhere. It's only one phone anyway, when the other is eligibe. I'm sorry you're having issues. :mad:

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
If you do switch say you are moving and you may not have to pay the termination fee. Usually you do not have to pay since you can say that verizon service is ****ty in your "new" house haha I have Att I don't mind it since I have decent coverage in my area and I get a discount through my company

sdakidd

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Ah sorry to hear about Verizon but I've been with AT&T for a few years and it hasn't been that bad like all the media have made it out to be. They have good customer service and I've always been able to upgrade with out much of a hassle.

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure if you tried calling back and got to the Customer care dept I believe it's called they will take care of you. They don't want to let you go anymore than you want too....

You just have to keep at it till you get to talk to the right people... If they don't help you than that is their loss.. Sorry you have to go through this though, that sucks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ah sorry to hear about Verizon but I've been with AT&T for a few years and it hasn't been that bad like all the media have made it out to be. They have good customer service and I've always been able to upgrade with out much of a hassle.

I'm a 10+ year AT&T customer. Great coverage, great service, NO complaints. #justsaying

Welcome to the AT&T family!

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
i had the same experience this morning when i called big red. But my upgrade is at the end of the month they told me he can upgrade me to any phone right now except the iPhone 4S. Strange.

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Call them after Friday....once they see how slow the pre-orders are...they'll probably change their mind....just a thought

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR