What's the proper way to charge the 4S?

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a current Blackberry user, looking to switch to the 4S. Over the past few months, I've definitely gone about charging my Blackberry in all the wrong ways, as the battery begins to die out very quickly (even when not using it), and I just know it doesn't charge correctly. It's all because I overcharge it (leave it on charge when I'm not using it, charging it as I sleep throughout the night and first take it off charge when I wake up in the morning).

How do I want to go about properly charging the 4S so that I don't slowly kill the battery out?

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I leave my 3GS plugged in all the time when I'm at work, it hasn't affected battery life at all.

It's possible that your BlackBerry battery is just getting old, as most phones these days have circuits built in that prevent overcharging. It's perfectly safe to leave them charging all the time with no adverse effects.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The only bad thing really would be fully draining the battery constantly. Li-ion batteries don't like to be fully power cycled and you will use up charge cycles much faster.

Charge when ever. It will not over charge either. I leave mine plugged in every night.

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
usually mine (iPhone 4) gets down to 20% and then i charge it while i sleep at night. Hasn't affect my battery at all.

I'm glad you're making the switch to iPhone... you'll love the experience.

(Iphone 4s battery.. source: Apple)
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 14 hours on 2G (GSM)
Standby time: Up to 200 hours
Internet use: Up to 6 hours on 3G, up to 9 hours on Wi-Fi
Video playback: Up to 10 hours
Audio playback: Up to 40 hours

Bettery than blackberry :D

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I charge mine almost every night when I go to bed so it is fresh in the morning. Every once in a while (Maybe once a week) I will let it drain all the way down till it shuts off completely and charge it full again.

I have read that this is good for the battery at least once or twice a month. Could be wrong though...

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
After reading this I feel like I have done bad things. My iPhone dies on me just about every day or so because I don't have time to charge through the day and by evening it is basically dead. I though you should allow them to fully drain and recharge often to keep the battery up.

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Bump.

The rep at the VZW store told me to let it get as close to dead and then charge it, and do not charge it overnight.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
There are battery care instructions on Apples website.

Draining the battery completely doesn't do anything specifically helpful to the battery, but it dies reset the percent charged indicator so it's more accurate.

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
There are battery care instructions on Apples website.

Draining the battery completely doesn't do anything specifically helpful to the battery, but it dies reset the percent charged indicator so it's more accurate.

Speaking of percent charged indicator, what happened to it for the 4S/iOS5? It's non existent, at least for me.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am someone who "seasons" it. I kill it all the way from 100%. Then charge it all the way. I do it two or three times. That generally works for me.

There is a battery percent indicator still. I have it on mine, and had it on my 4 also even after the iOS5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73