iPhone 4s Ringtones/Text Tones

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
unlikely :(.... I have the GM installed right now and its just the same ones that they have been giving us forever now. The new ones they did release are bad (IMHO). There is a "buy more tones" feature but it takes you to ring tones not text tones. I wish they would sell more text tones... but as for now... looks like cydias the only way to get those.

Unless they're allowing ringtones as text tones... but thats kinda awkward.

Reactions: rughopper

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
unlikely :(.... I have the GM installed right now and its just the same ones that they have been giving us forever now. The new ones they did release are bad (IMHO). There is a "buy more tones" feature but it takes you to ring tones not text tones. I wish they would sell more text tones... but as for now... looks like cydias the only way to get those.

Unless they're allowing ringtones as text tones... but thats kinda awkward.

If you add your own ringtones, you can also use them as text tones. I see all of the ringtones that I created (both as text and ring tones).

I don't see it as awkward at all... but it depends on the application. I use a loud, annoying, long tone as text tone for my work dispatcher. I need to be able to hear it and respond regardless of the time day/night.

It would be awkward to use a standard ringtone for ALL text messages, but in the right situation, it's golden - and it's possible now.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You can use tones you create as txt tones and you can assign different ones to individual contacts.

There are a ton of sites that will allow you to download sound effects then you can use something like iRinger to make them into m4r's. I did that last night and now have all the custom txt tones I could ask for on my phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods