Westboro Church to Protest Steve Jobs Funeral

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
These people are the absolute worst.

If you ever have an hour to kill, check out Louis Theroux's documentary about them entitled "The Most Hated Family In America". Theroux literally destroys these people on not only a pragmatic level, but an intellectual one.

Looks like someone so kindly uploaded it into 8 parts on youtube, but since my post count is so low I can't post it the direct link. googling "louis theroux: most hated family in america part 1 of 8" should return it.

I found 1/4 15 mins each

Louis Theroux - America's Most Hated Family IN CRISIS (1/4) - YouTube

phantograms

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I found 1/4 15 mins each

Louis Theroux - America's Most Hated Family IN CRISIS (1/4) - YouTube

Even better! Thanks for posting the link - this is the followup to the original documentary though. The original is where it's at!

However, watching 5 minutes into the followup you can get a really solid idea of these people with such statements by Margie like "thank god for cancer" and "fag troops".

Last edited:

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Even better! Thanks for posting the link - this is the followup to the original documentary though. The original is where it's at!

However, watching 5 minutes into the followup you can get a really solid idea of these people with such statements by Margie like "thank god for cancer" and "fag troops".

Ah.. didn't know it was a follow up... but i'm watching it now... and its crazy good. These people are unbelievable

jackson1714

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i thought we lived in america not bagdad? his religious views or preferences shouldnt have anything to do with his death and funeral. their are other ways to get your point across, why not protest when he was alive and well. this is a disgusting way to draw attention to your cause. just think if steve jobs lived inside the box like everyone else...everyone would be using windows and have an android phone. celebrate the mans life and what he accomplished. who care about his ideology? you cant deny all the great things he did for society.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Those gutless Westboro people just use the threat of them showing up for a noted person's funeral to gain news coverage & get their name out. And get people talking about them as they are doing here. If people ignored them on the internet, and if they were counter-protested if they did show up at a funeral, they'd soon go away. If they show up, they need to be surrounded by several dozen people, making sure the Westboro folks can not be seen, or heard. No violence. Just render them irrelevant.

AdamRoxby

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I think at this stage they had just become a parody of themselves and frankly the less attention they receive the better.

Just be thankful that they are in the minority.

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
i thought we lived in america not bagdad? his religious views or preferences shouldnt have anything to do with his death and funeral. their are other ways to get your point across, why not protest when he was alive and well. this is a disgusting way to draw attention to your cause. just think if steve jobs lived inside the box like everyone else...everyone would be using windows and have an android phone. celebrate the mans life and what he accomplished. who care about his ideology? you cant deny all the great things he did for society.

Actually, everyone would probably still be using blackberry. Android wouldn't have existed were it not for iPhones. But to your point, and I think the point of this whole post.. it's fine to have differing views than others and shout them to the heavens if you like. But when actual life and death is involved, I don't understand how people who claim to be doing God's work can reconcile an attempt to bring indignity to a man's death that they did not know with their belief in Jesus and His teachings. These people are terribly misled by someone.

phantograms

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, everyone would probably still be using blackberry. Android wouldn't have existed were it not for iPhones. But to your point, and I think the point of this whole post.. it's fine to have differing views than others and shout them to the heavens if you like. But when actual life and death is involved, I don't understand how people who claim to be doing God's work can reconcile an attempt to bring indignity to a man's death that they did not know with their belief in Jesus and His teachings. These people are terribly misled by someone.

they're lead by this scumbag Fred Phelps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
These idiots are toolbags. They cite Jobs not giving glory to God. It also states in the Bible, love thy neighbor, thou shalt not judge, etc. All these people are doing is focusing attention on themselves, which is prideful, also one of the seven deadly sins.

go88mph

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The WBC are a useless waste of humanity, we all need to simply stop paying them any attention so they hopefully go away...soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2