Westboro Church to Protest Steve Jobs Funeral

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this would be the appropriate forum for this, but geez this crap makes me angry. Hopefully the family and close friends of his won't be put through the agony of dealing with this hate-filled group:

"Westboro Church uses iPhone to Announce Steve Jobs Funeral Protest"

Westboro Church Uses iPhone to Announce Steve Jobs Funeral Protest - ABC News

"The Westboro Baptist Church took to an iPhone when they heard about Steve Jobs? death Wednesday night, sending out a message saying the Apple founder would be going to hell and calling for a protest of his funeral.

?Westboro will picket his funeral. He had a huge platform; gave God no glory and taught sin,? wrote Margie Phelps, daughter of the church?s founder.

The controversial group often pickets outside of soldiers? funerals to draw media attention to their cause, which includes anti-gay material. Phelps tweeted the messages from her account, with an automatic note appearing at the bottom of the Tweet saying ?via Twitter for iPhone.?

?No peace for man who served self, not God,? she wrote with the hashtag, #hellgreetedhim. ?Westboro must picket.?

Thursday morning, Phelps responded to widespread criticism of her using the iPhone to Tweet the messages, saying that the phone was created by God?not Jobs?for that purpose.

?Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell.God created iPhone for that purpose! ? she wrote.

Arrangements for Jobs? funeral haven?t been announced."

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That really angers me that a group of people can do that. Let the man rest in peace. The world is a better/more efficient place because of Steve Jobs.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To hell with these useless, disgusting, horrible pieces of sh*t...I'm sorry, and i'm all for freedom of speech, but if i could, I'd have every one of these protestors beaten within an inch of their lives for the things they've done and the things they will do in the future.

They are maggots...the bottom of the bottom...and are unworthy of the freedoms we enjoy.

That may be a hypocritical stance, since they are just enjoying the same rights i do by attacking them, but i don't care, call me what you want...these people are the scum of the earth.

I really hope Anon takes aim at them legitimately soon...

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
They are scum bags. The protest the very people who provide us these freedoms. I hope they all go to hell.

JeremyHD

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how they judge others but not themselves.

I guess they can't admit to themselves that they are the one's going to "HELL", not everybody else.

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Why did you post this in the 4S forum?

Just to piss you off :)

No really, because there's no "Post News About Steve" forum? If the mods think it'd be more appropriate somewhere else, they totally can move it without me being upset. I readily admit they're wiser than I am. That's why I started off with "I don't know if this is the right forum for this..."

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
That really angers me that a group of people can do that. Let the man rest in peace. The world is a better/more efficient place because of Steve Jobs.

More efficient I'll agree with, but better? How has he made it a better world?
You have just made an incredibly naive/ignorant statement!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
More efficient I'll agree with, but better? How has he made it a better world?
You have just made an incredibly naive/ignorant statement!

So you would argue against the fact that a person being able to enjoy life more, have a mode of communication with those far away that previously was impossible or very difficult at best, and the technology to keep families, friends and acquaintances closer...these things yield happiness, joy and togetherness...and that my friend, changes the world more than almost anything in my opinion.

And what about schools and teachers? The fact that the technology is yielding new ways for children to learn.

Hospitals? Doctors able to use the devices for things they weren't able to do before as easily if at all.

Pilots?

Sports?

...etc etc etc...

I'd argue that he changed the world SUBSTANTIALLY.

Then we can get into the things he was involved in outside of Apple...what about Pixar? Easily one of the biggest advances in animation and motion pictures in the last 25 years and one of the primary reasons why Disney is as substantial as they are today...without Steve Jobs, we don't have Pixar, and without Pixar, Disney continues into a shadow of what it was in the 50's and 60's...

His assistance with students to get into technology driven fields and artistic fields.

I'd say the ignorance lies in a person who doesn't recognize these things as world changing and certainly society changing.

Last edited:

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So you would argue against the fact that a person being able to enjoy life more, have a mode of communication with those far away that previously was impossible or very difficult at best, and the technology to keep families, friends and acquaintances closer...these things yield happiness, joy and togetherness...and that my friend, changes the world more than almost anything in my opinion.

And what about schools and teachers? The fact that the technology is yielding new ways for children to learn.

Hospitals? Doctors able to use the devices for things they weren't able to do before as easily if at all.

Pilots?

Sports?

...etc etc etc...

I'd argue that he changed the world SUBSTANTIALLY.

Then we can get into the things he was involved in outside of Apple...what about Pixar? Easily one of the biggest advances in animation and motion pictures in the last 25 years and one of the primary reasons why Disney is as substantial as they are today...without Steve Jobs, we don't have Pixar, and without Pixar, Disney continues into a shadow of what it was in the 50's and 60's...

His assistance with students to get into technology driven fields and artistic fields.

I'd say the ignorance lies in a person who doesn't recognize these things as world changing and certainly society changing.

For a start, he did not invent the telephone, or by that matter ANY form of communication.

Schooling? New methods are fine but not always better, the calculator is wonderful but it takes away the need for an understanding of basic mathematics, spell checkers are fine, but it takes away the need for good literacy skills.... I could go on all day!

Hospitals? I've never seen a doctor use an apple device, unless Steve Jobs covertly invented the iSyringe or the iStethoscope?

Pilots? What about them? What did he invent to make pilots better?

Sports? See above.

Pixar... All well and good but where is this world changing? Has it solved poverty? Starvation? Homelessness?
No it hasn't, you really do need to look outside your own little bubble.

I stand by my original statement... He made things easier, but easier does not mean better.
Think carefully before you put him on a pedestal.

phantograms

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
These people are the absolute worst.

If you ever have an hour to kill, check out Louis Theroux's documentary about them entitled "The Most Hated Family In America". Theroux literally destroys these people on not only a pragmatic level, but an intellectual one.

Looks like someone so kindly uploaded it into 8 parts on youtube, but since my post count is so low I can't post it the direct link. googling "louis theroux: most hated family in america part 1 of 8" should return it.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
Maybe they don't realize that if you're Christian, you're not supposed to judge others, and are supposed to love your fellow man. Sounds like they need to go back to church and study their Bible some more. Those people really pi$$ me off, bringing more pain to those already suffering and mourning.

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If you want to really learn about these people, watch Fall From Grace, on netflix... its a documentary about them. It really makes you not care at all about what they do.. I will feel horrible if they get to steves funeral because no ones family deserves to have to put up with more **** while they're at a funeral. But really these guys are jokes and should just be ignored.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
This is terrible.. I really hope they do not show up. A lot of times they say they're showing up but do not have the balls to do so..rip Steve hope he has a proper service with his friends and family with no protests..

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow this is terrible I do not know why people feel the need to act in these ways. What did Jobs ever do to this group of people? What a shame people need to act this way.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I work at a university hospital, and it is quite common to see iPads in use. In addition, instead of buying textbooks for the radiology residents, there is an iPad containing all the texts they need. There are countless apps that make my job easier and improve communication with patients.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal