I am still on the fence between these two devices.. I just can't seem to make up my mind and I need to today at some point before the iPhone 4S presale tomorrow. Both have so many features that I love. One minute I am all for IP4S next is the Epic Touch.. Both have fast processors, 8MP camera, great battery, lots of great apps. I know we are talking completely different platforms too. However, IP4S is a world phone, Epic Touch is CDMA. IP4S is 3.5" screen, ET4G has a 4.5" screen. IP4S doesn't not do Adobe flash player, Epic Touch does. IP4S doesn't have the LED notification and ET4G does. Not familiar with Samsung's reliability in terms of their OS compared to IP4S and the iOS5. I know Apple and their products hold up over time with no major issues. I am looking for a device that will last me 2 yrs without major issues. Coming from a BB which is just god awful in regards to so many issues that it makes me nuts.

Fire away people! What do you think? I need help deciding..
    10-06-2011 09:37 AM
    I like both phones.

But the thing is, Siri Voice Assistant is for iPhone 4S. That to me over-tops any phone as that is an amazing feature that will save my *** and make me more lazy :P.

But the Samsung Galaxy S II does have a bigger screen and LED notification (on the front, iPhone 4 & 4S have it on the back) so it is a tough decision.

I finally chose iPhone 4S as I am always better with an iPhone. iPhone's are my thing and I have been through many, many phones but I always come back to an iPhone because the fun I have and the way it can work with me and do what I want.

Think of what you want/need more, then decide.
    10-06-2011 09:42 AM
    Wouldnt catch me with a Samsung phone...ever.
    10-06-2011 09:46 AM
    I personally like IOS better then the Android OS. I had a Droid X before the iPhone, and it just doesn't seen like the Android OS is a stable as IOS. I always had force closes, and it didn't "just work". I felt like I was always trying to do something to get it to run right. To me the iphone feels like it "just works", and I don't have to do anything with it to make it run right. Also it seems like none of the Android phones get updates when they should, and there are a bunch of different phones on different versions of the OS. I also really don't like how there is a new Android coming out what feels like every month. Atleast with apple, you know that it will be alteast a year until your phone is "old". The fact that iTunes is incorporated into the phone is nice. I never found a music player that I felt was as good as itunes on Android. Lastly, I personally think most phones feel "cheap" next to the iPhone.
    10-06-2011 09:59 AM
    I see Apple as supporting iOS, but don't know who is the one who will support Android or where updates will come from.

I do think all the new phones are great and will only get better. But iOS just has so much behind it, and the hardware is pretty solid.
    10-06-2011 02:22 PM
    I think it's going to be hard for you to get a non-biased opinion here, but I think I can help. I have never owned an iPhone mainly because I am on Sprint.

I have played with the Epic Touch in person and have previously had other Androids (currently have Nexus S 4G). The Epic Touch is a beautiful phone, screen is big and bright, and the phone is really thin. As for the UI, I've never been a fan of TouchWiz (had the Epic 4G previously), but with Android that can easily be changed. Spec wise, the Epic Touch looks really good on paper and I don't think you can go wrong with it especially if 4G is available in your area.

However, with that said, I'm picking up an iPhone 4S. The main reasons I pick the iPhone over the Epic Touch are Apps, and the Camera.

Even though both phones state 8MP camera, I believe the iPhone will be better hardware and software wise. Even for a 5MP camera, the iPhone 4 pics I have seen always looked better than the 8MP pictures coming from an EVO. Also, my Epic camera was really slow to take a pic, so not sure if Samsung has improved that.

As for Apps, this is more of a iOS vs. Android thing. I like Android, I like the idea of it and some implementations of it, but it just doesn't have the app library, and may never will due to the way Android is all the different phones, versions, etc. Also, Samsung doesn't have the best track record of updating their Android versions in a timely matter. If I were going to stay Android I would wait to see if Sprint is getting the Nexus Prime, but rumors state it's Verizon.

I think both are nice phone and you probably won't be disappointed one way or the other, but for me I'm going iPhone.
    10-06-2011 02:46 PM
    I love iOS over android because it takes a long time for phones to get outdated to apple and stop receiving updates. I love having a phone and getting a major software update it makes me feel as if I have a whole new phone.
    10-06-2011 02:59 PM
    What kind of usage do you do with your phones? Do you like a lot of customization? Do you like to tinker with all the settings? Is there a UI style that you prefer? If at all possible, get some good hands on with the phones. They both have some fine points in their favor and some strikes against them, but it's going to depend on what you think your usage will be.

Personally, I think, over the long term at least, the iPhone is probably the safer bet. With the rate at which new product pours out for Android, their phones tend to fall into obsolescence far quicker. Without the uniform update approach of iOS, it's difficult to say when (and sometimes if) you're going to get the next big OS update, especially with Samsung. I've liked the hardware that Samsung has been putting out lately, and the Galaxy S and Galaxy S II lines are no exception. The problem is, they're on the slower end of pushing out their OS updates. My concern would be another situation similar to the GPS lock on the Galaxy S models that didn't get any sort of speedy resolution. Or phones like the Fascinate or the Charge that sat around without an update while the other Android phones moved from Froyo to Gingerbread. Would the situation be similar on the Galaxy S 2 lines? I haven't really seen anything from Samsung that would show that they're intent on speeding up the updates.
    10-06-2011 03:01 PM
    Thanks everyone. this really does help alot.. Other people's perspectives are really beneficial.
    10-06-2011 03:15 PM
    I am still on the fence between these two devices.. I just can't seem to make up my mind and I need to today at some point before the iPhone 4S presale tomorrow. Both have so many features that I love. One minute I am all for IP4S next is the Epic Touch.. Both have fast processors, 8MP camera, great battery, lots of great apps. I know we are talking completely different platforms too. However, IP4S is a world phone, Epic Touch is CDMA. IP4S is 3.5" screen, ET4G has a 4.5" screen. IP4S doesn't not do Adobe flash player, Epic Touch does. IP4S doesn't have the LED notification and ET4G does. Not familiar with Samsung's reliability in terms of their OS compared to IP4S and the iOS5. I know Apple and their products hold up over time with no major issues. I am looking for a device that will last me 2 yrs without major issues. Coming from a BB which is just god awful in regards to so many issues that it makes me nuts.

Fire away people! What do you think? I need help deciding..
    Just so you know there are some issues with the Galaxy S2 In regards to the radio strength and wifi .. the ability to hold and keep a signal, According to Sprints Maps I live in a Good coverage area and yet the SGS 2 Keep going into a roaming Mode for myself and sitting less than 5 ft away from my router didnt impress me at all. The Multi Media features for the phone are fantastic no doubt at all, but the weak radios in the leave nothing to be desired
    10-06-2011 03:20 PM
    As far as I know too. I read Skyfire browser was approved by apple and it runs adobe flash.
    10-10-2011 04:50 AM
    hmm.. interesting.. will check it out.. thanks.

btw I did pre order the iPhone 4S on friday..
    10-10-2011 06:58 AM
    I got the Epic 4G Touch when it was released and took it back to the store after a few days, I didn't like it much. I'm a very heavy android user, and it just didn't do it for me. Thats just me though! I'm personally sick of android, which is why I decided to switch.
    10-10-2011 04:36 PM
    what it boiled down to for me was reliability. I really need something that will hold up over the next 20 months or so without getting buggy or any major issues.. I was really attracted to the epic 4G touch because of the size of the screen and the more I played with it and thought about it I went for the iPhone. I have a iPod Touch 4G and a MacBook Pro and love the simplicity, reliability of them.

Coming from having a Blackberry which has been nothing but hell since I got it a year and a half ago this will be a nice change of pace. All I know is I will never go back to a Blackberry ever!
    Last edited by DreamOutLoud65; 10-10-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    10-10-2011 04:44 PM
    Wait and see! get what you think will be better for you, and what you do! wait it out to see the reviews and then compare. what you want will become an easier decision
    10-10-2011 06:32 PM
    IPhone 4S has my vote
    10-10-2011 06:39 PM
    iPhone 4S will be your best bet.
    10-10-2011 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD