Hey all. I am eligible for upgrade on Verizon and I get a discount through my company. But, With Verizon having the best coverage for LTE I'm a little hesitant to lock myself down for 2 years with a 3G phone. I am using a Droid Incredible now and I was in high hopes Apple would incorporate LTE into their new release. My wife upgraded when we were due back in JULY to an i4 and it's a gorgeous phone. We were grandfathered into the Unlimited Data so that is one of the main reasons I would like to take advantage of LTE. But come on Samsung, a 4.65" screen??? Holy Smokes that's a big phone. Anyone else on the fence of the 4s or going for a LTE phone on Verion?
    10-06-2011 06:36 AM
    Hey all. I am eligible for upgrade on Verizon and I get a discount through my company. But, With Verizon having the best coverage for LTE I'm a little hesitant to lock myself down for 2 years with a 3G phone. I am using a Droid Incredible now and I was in high hopes Apple would incorporate LTE into their new release. My wife upgraded when we were due back in JULY to an i4 and it's a gorgeous phone. We were grandfathered into the Unlimited Data so that is one of the main reasons I would like to take advantage of LTE. But come on Samsung, a 4.65" screen??? Holy Smokes that's a big phone. Anyone else on the fence of the 4s or going for a LTE phone on Verion?
    The Samsung is rumored to have no buttons on the front so it is pretty much a 4.3 screen with the bottom buttons removed. If you look at the teaser Samsung left it looks really thin.
    10-06-2011 07:32 AM
    I'm on Verizon and have an iPhone 4, Bionic, and had the Thunderbolt. From my own experience I'd say wait a year for the newer LTE chipsets to start rolling out. The current chipset used in LTE phones are too big and suck down battery life like a vampire which is why Apple choose to skip this generation.

If you like and want the 4S, grab it. You can always sell it when the next iPhone comes out which will probably have LTE. If you decided you do want an LTE phone on Verizon, wait to see what the Nexus Prime has to offer next week.
    mysimba97 likes this.
    10-06-2011 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD