Siri security flaw?

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I use a pass code lock on my iPhone 4 but can still access voice controls by holding down the home button even though the phone is locked. Currently, this just lets someone make calls and play songs but once Siri hits, do you think people will be able to read/send texts, read/send emails, etc. while the phone is locked? :confused:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I use a pass code lock on my iPhone 4 but can still access voice controls by holding down the home button even though the phone is locked. Currently, this just lets someone make calls and play songs but once Siri hits, do you think people will be able to read/send texts, read/send emails, etc. while the phone is locked? :confused:

You might be required to input or dictate your password before entering commands. I am frankly very surprised that Apple allows people currently to bypass the password with VoiceOver.

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I don't want to give up security for convenience. Maybe the phone will need to be unlocked to access more sensitive functions like email, text, calender and notes.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
There is a setting that allow you to enable/disable voice commands when the phone is locked now. I would imagine that would do the same for Siri also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73