Hoping someone here might be able to help me out. Although there is rumor going around saying that the US will get a factory unlocked 4S, it is still unconfirmed. I talked to an Apple rep via the store chat last night and he said there would be one sold, however this morning I was told that there would NOT be one. The more I think about it the more I believe that we probably wont get one. I mean they are still selling the iPhone 4 unlocked so...I just dont know.

SO, I am looking for a kind Canadian who is willing to accept a payment from me and who can then place the order for me and mail it to me here in Oregon. We would need to exchange information and make sure everything is in the up and up but if there is someone is is nice enough to work with me I think this could work out.

What do you say?
    10-05-2011 12:05 PM
    Not a bad deal, however I don't live in canada.
    10-05-2011 12:20 PM
    Bummer. I did this once before with a Blackberry 9000 a year years back and it worked out great. Guy was really nice, picked it up for me and mailed it to me. I am hoping I have the same luck this time.

PM me or respond if you can help
    10-05-2011 12:51 PM
    Perhaps Jellotime can help. He's on Rogers in Canada.
    10-05-2011 01:11 PM
    Nice. I will ask!
    10-05-2011 01:16 PM
    Asked and doesn't seem interested. Still looking.
    10-05-2011 02:35 PM
    I think your best bet it to wait and see if Apple releases one for the US. I am sure they will, but it will be a hefty price.
    10-05-2011 02:48 PM
    Yeah, I am going to wait until Friday to see what appears on the site. If it is a no go I will visit this thread again. As the day progresses more sites are saying that there will be one. I just wish Apple would confirm
    10-05-2011 02:51 PM
    It wouldn't make sense for Apple to sell you a locked phone when it's now available on 3 carriers in the US. Plus, since the 4 has already been available unlocked for some time now, I would feel comfortable telling someone that there will be an unlocked iPhone 4S from American apple stores at launch.
    10-05-2011 04:08 PM
    Its all good. I appreciate the response. And I do agree with you and share the same opinion. Hope Friday brings me good news!
    10-05-2011 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD