Pre-order with delivery, or pre-order and stand in line?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've read that some people have said that they received their phones early on different launches. Did you order thru the apple store or your carrier?

On the Verizon release, I ordered mine thru Verizon, and my sister ordered hers thru Apple. Mine came 2 days before launch, and hers came the day before launch. The reason behind this was probably because mine was shipped from PA, or something like that, and hers shipped from China.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm pre-ordering with delivery for the first time...because i simply don't have time to stand in line for a day for the phone, and can have it delivered to my precinct headquarters while i sit around doing office work (AKA: playing Portal on my mac at my desk, lmao).

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Who has had experience with this? Pros /cons to each? Thanks!

Last year I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 to have it shipped to my home. I am very glad I did. There was a line over over 500 people camping at the local Apple store here, and one of my friends who did the in-store pickup for his pre-order had wait about several hours in line to get his phone. He went to pick it up around 9 or 10am that morning, but was told at the door at the Apple store that he'd still have to wait in line with the people who remained. He left and came back at 4pm and waited in line and didn't leave until after 10pm that night.

In contrast, my iPhone 4 was delivered to my home around 1pm and I had it set up and ready to rock by 2pm. No lines, no waiting, no frustration or intense boredom.

If you like to camp out and get there a day ahead of time to stake your spot in the first 30 people or so, then you'll probably be there a bit over an hour. It takes Apple about 5-10 minutes to process each iPhone transaction and activation, and he said there were about 10-15 people processing new iPhones, so just do the math. I'm sure the iPhone 4S lines will still be just as insane as they were last year. They always are.

For me? I'll be pre-ordering online at 3am Friday morning with home delivery.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Preordering, preferably through Sprint....at least if they ever announce anything about it!!

Mistress of Mischief

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I think if your with verizon,you'll be able to walk in a store on release day and pick one up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thats how it was with the iphone 4 release. I went to Verizon, and they had stacks of Iphones on release day with no lines, and it was the same thing at the Apple store.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thats how it was with the iphone 4 release. I went to Verizon, and they had stacks of Iphones on release day with no lines, and it was the same thing at the Apple store.

The iPhone 4 (CDMA) release on Verizon was unique. The phone was 8 months old by that time. Don't be too surprised if there are lines this time around.

On the plus side, I think Apple is going to have plenty of stock this time, so you should be able to come back the next day and get one. Or just order it online and have it shipped to you.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, when you get it delivered you can be in you're humble home, but if you want the device that day you might want to go to the store. So basically if you have patience have it delivered. If not, you might want to grab one at Sprint, Verizon or AT&T

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to pre order through a ATT store. I don't anticipate a line but if there is one I will switch to online ordering.

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Man I would pre order and wait for delivery any day just because the lines are going to be crazy

"Think Different"
~ Steve Jobs ~

Exergy

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm going to pre-order, I don't want to take the chances of not getting it right away. It just sucks that I have to wait to 3am in the EST zone.

chenzo51

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Ship to the house this time, even though I am off work that day. I know this time will not be as bad as last year but with a pre order pick up I still waited 5 hrs in Pittsburgh last year

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW