12:01am PDT
    10-05-2011 11:53 AM
    And preorder is through apple AND carrier sites, right? I've got a New Every 2 credit through Verizon.
    10-05-2011 11:57 AM
    And preorder is through apple AND carrier sites, right? I've got a New Every 2 credit through Verizon.
    That is correct.
    10-05-2011 12:02 PM
    I heard preorder for the iP4 started at 3am EST. Anyone know how fast the preorders sell out? I'd hate to get up at 3am if I can't really go back to sleep (early flight).
    Yes, can anyone answer this!?
    10-05-2011 12:05 PM
    I would assume it is 3am EST if it's 12:01am PST. Just logically thinking here. .lol
    10-05-2011 12:07 PM
    Yes, can anyone answer this!?
    I can't say for sure. Last year the issue wasn't that anyone sold out as much as the servers for AT&T and Apple were slammed and people could not get through the process without the connection timing out/dropping. (Remember, there was no VZW iPhone 4 on launch day in June).

My advice: try early and try often. Sales start at midnight PDT/3am EDT.
    GigaS27 and jodime like this.
    10-05-2011 12:08 PM
    The NE2 credit also works through the online Apple Store. You need to provide them your Verizon online password.
    jodime likes this.
    10-05-2011 01:10 PM
    I just called Apple, and was told that anything ordered online has to be delivered, it can't be picked up. I asked about reserving, and she said I would have to go into the store to reserve one ahead of time. ??? She honestly didn't inspire much confidence in me, so I'm not sure if I can trust what she told me. And I don't see anything on the website about reserving/picking up. Thoughts?
    I just chatted with an Apple Online Store rep and she confirmed that in-store pick-up of pre-ordered iPhones will not be possible this time.

I have a feeling since Apple kept the main phone chassis the same, they will have plenty of phones available right away. I'm going to pre-order and wait for the delivery. Last time I had an Apple product delivered it came via FedEx. Anyone know what they use lately?
    10-05-2011 01:14 PM
    I called ATT last night. They put my name on the preorder list and are going to call me Friday. The closest ATT store is in a town of 20K, so they will have a limited supply at first. I'll just get ATT to FEDEX it.
    10-05-2011 01:35 PM
    I only stand in line if we can make reservations to gaurantee one. This year, I will preorder since I dont want to line up at 2am since no reservations were offered this year.
    10-05-2011 01:41 PM
    Does anyone know if Sprint version will be available as well to pre order?

Thanks
    10-05-2011 01:48 PM
    everything ive read indicates it will be on apples site for preorder at the same time.
    10-05-2011 01:53 PM
    My first Apple preorder experience was for iPhone 4 last year. I sat at my computer from midnight Eastern Time but wasn't able to get a successful order in until between 5 to 7am. The Apple Store page actually crapped out on me so I successfully did it on AT&T's site. I expect this same zaniness Thursday night into Friday. I actually received my phone the day before its official release.

I'm too far from the "nearest" Apple Stores (one in Chelsea and one in Wayne, NJ) so it's just more convenient to have it delivered although standing in line sounded fun until my friend stood in line for 12 hours for iPad 2 and apparently it was not fun for her.
    10-05-2011 01:54 PM
    I'll be pre-ordering for delivery. I'd rather sit on my couch with my iPad and a big Mtn Dew and watch and wait for the FedEx/UPS guy to show up. (Wife hates that).
    10-05-2011 02:04 PM
    I've read that some people have said that they received their phones early on different launches. Did you order thru the apple store or your carrier?
    10-05-2011 02:33 PM
    3 friggin AM! wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I don't wanna..
    10-05-2011 03:07 PM
    I've read that some people have said that they received their phones early on different launches. Did you order thru the apple store or your carrier?
    On the Verizon release, I ordered mine thru Verizon, and my sister ordered hers thru Apple. Mine came 2 days before launch, and hers came the day before launch. The reason behind this was probably because mine was shipped from PA, or something like that, and hers shipped from China.
    10-05-2011 03:19 PM
    I'm pre-ordering with delivery for the first time...because i simply don't have time to stand in line for a day for the phone, and can have it delivered to my precinct headquarters while i sit around doing office work (AKA: playing Portal on my mac at my desk, lmao).
    10-05-2011 03:26 PM
    Who has had experience with this? Pros /cons to each? Thanks!
    Last year I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 to have it shipped to my home. I am very glad I did. There was a line over over 500 people camping at the local Apple store here, and one of my friends who did the in-store pickup for his pre-order had wait about several hours in line to get his phone. He went to pick it up around 9 or 10am that morning, but was told at the door at the Apple store that he'd still have to wait in line with the people who remained. He left and came back at 4pm and waited in line and didn't leave until after 10pm that night.

In contrast, my iPhone 4 was delivered to my home around 1pm and I had it set up and ready to rock by 2pm. No lines, no waiting, no frustration or intense boredom.

If you like to camp out and get there a day ahead of time to stake your spot in the first 30 people or so, then you'll probably be there a bit over an hour. It takes Apple about 5-10 minutes to process each iPhone transaction and activation, and he said there were about 10-15 people processing new iPhones, so just do the math. I'm sure the iPhone 4S lines will still be just as insane as they were last year. They always are.

For me? I'll be pre-ordering online at 3am Friday morning with home delivery.
    10-05-2011 03:53 PM
    I'll do the pre-order thing. I hate lines.
    10-05-2011 04:42 PM
    Preordering, preferably through Sprint....at least if they ever announce anything about it!!

Mistress of Mischief
    10-05-2011 07:12 PM
    I think if your with verizon,you'll be able to walk in a store on release day and pick one up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 07:32 PM
    I think if your with verizon,you'll be able to walk in a store on release day and pick one up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Thats how it was with the iphone 4 release. I went to Verizon, and they had stacks of Iphones on release day with no lines, and it was the same thing at the Apple store.
    10-05-2011 07:41 PM
    Thats how it was with the iphone 4 release. I went to Verizon, and they had stacks of Iphones on release day with no lines, and it was the same thing at the Apple store.
    The iPhone 4 (CDMA) release on Verizon was unique. The phone was 8 months old by that time. Don't be too surprised if there are lines this time around.

On the plus side, I think Apple is going to have plenty of stock this time, so you should be able to come back the next day and get one. Or just order it online and have it shipped to you.
    10-06-2011 01:54 AM
    I'm going to pre-order mine or at least order it online. I'm not dealing with all those people in the Apple store
    10-06-2011 04:27 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD