I know it hasn't really been disclosed yet, but does anyone have any information on whether or not Verizon will allow people to upgrade early for the 4s?
    10-04-2011 08:32 PM
    I know it hasn't really been disclosed yet, but does anyone have any information on whether or not Verizon will allow people to upgrade early for the 4s?
    I don't think they will do any upgrades other then the normal upgrades. Luckily I have 3 lines on my account, and get to use all of the upgrades. Got one coming 11/13. Month, and 9 days until I get my iPhone 4S (as long as it isn't sold out, but I don't think it will be.)
    10-04-2011 08:37 PM
    Doubt it heavily.
    E_Brown likes this.
    10-04-2011 08:47 PM
    Yeah would be nice if they did because I don't plan on leaving Verizon and really starting to like iOS and don't plan on going back to android.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk
    10-04-2011 08:53 PM
    It depends on what you mean by "early". I checked online a couple of months ago and I was eligible for the $199 price at month 16 of my contract. If I wait until month 22, I get another $50 off. I'm not going to wait.
    10-04-2011 08:58 PM
    Nope. I checked and it is full price. If you have an iPhone 4, I would wait for the LTE model in 2012.
    10-04-2011 09:14 PM
    Nope. I checked and it is full price. If you have an iPhone 4, I would wait for the LTE model in 2012.
    What do you mean you checked? Did you actually call or go in to a store or just checked the website? Do you have any links?
    10-04-2011 09:23 PM
    What do you mean you checked? Did you actually call or go in to a store or just checked the website? Do you have any links?
    https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjec...on/springboard

I'm also wondering this as well. I wouldn't mind getting one but $850+ tax for the 64GB model is turning me away.
    10-04-2011 09:27 PM
    So I know how to check my eligibility upgrade currently but I'm wondering if Verizon is going to be offering early upgrade deals like ATT is doing?
    10-04-2011 09:38 PM
    So I know how to check my eligibility upgrade currently but I'm wondering if Verizon is going to be offering early upgrade deals like ATT is doing?
    I would doubt that Verizon offered any deals like this. They were very tight with bumping peoples upgrades when the 4 came out, and I don't think this will be any different.
    10-04-2011 09:41 PM
    I would doubt that Verizon offered any deals like this. They were very tight with bumping peoples upgrades when the 4 came out, and I don't think this will be any different.
    I'm hoping they'll let me since i'm on a US Government Discount...
    10-04-2011 10:03 PM
    Well if you have a current iphone or another smartphone and you have a spare non-smartphone laying around then add a line with Verizon activate and order the new iPhone 4S activate it. Then swap the non-smartphone to that new number and put your new iPhone 4S onto the line you want with your existing data plan.

Here is what you can do. Add a line $9.99 per month 24 months = $240 plus iPhone 4S 64GB $399 (plus your taxes) comes out to $639 plus taxes. Sure beats paying $849 + taxes and you save $210. You can leave that unused phone in your drawer.

So there is more than one way to get the 64GB version for less.
    10-05-2011 01:58 PM
    Well if you have a current iphone or another smartphone and you have a spare non-smartphone laying around then add a line with Verizon activate and order the new iPhone 4S activate it. Then swap the non-smartphone to that new number and put your new iPhone 4S onto the line you want with your existing data plan.

Here is what you can do. Add a line $9.99 per month 24 months = $240 plus iPhone 4S 64GB $399 (plus your taxes) comes out to $639 plus taxes. Sure beats paying $849 + taxes and you save $210. You can leave that unused phone in your drawer.

So there is more than one way to get the 64GB version for less.
    I would if my bill weren't already astronomical as is lol.....
    10-05-2011 11:49 PM
    I called for myself and they said full price for the upgrade... Still buying though.
    10-06-2011 02:15 PM
    As someone that has utilized and taken advantage of many upgrades, I have asked and reconfirmed how they are working it.

It used to be that you could upgrade annually even on 2 year contracts.

NOW.....

If you buy a phone now on the 2 year contract, you will not be eligable to upgrade at the discounted contract price for 20 months.

However, if you purchased a phone a little over 12 months ago, you could be grandfathered in on that annual upgrade to take advantage of it one last time. They have however changed one more thing which disappointed me....that grandfathering is only available for the primary line.

Hope that helps
    10-06-2011 02:51 PM
    Is AT&T the only one who lets you do yearly upgrades?
    Last edited by tmads; 10-06-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Grammatical error - my bad
    10-06-2011 02:54 PM
    Verizon is uptight about bumping ANYTHING related to their contracts.
    10-06-2011 03:00 PM
    i think it depends how far in your contract you are in. I just upgraded to the 4 so stuck until 10/12 unless i want to pay full price.
    10-06-2011 03:18 PM
    Is AT&T the only one who lets you do yearly upgrades?
    Unfortunately, I think they are.....I don't know about Sprint
    10-06-2011 03:19 PM
    I just argued with them over this. I'm eligible for an upgrade (primary phone), but my husband won't be until January (secondary phone). Such BS. They told me they could work out an early upgrade to another phone but not to an iPhone 4S. Deal breaker for us. We're paying the early termination fees and switching to AT&T. The real irony is that we're both currently on dumb phones. So Verizon would be making a lot more money off of us if we upgraded!
    10-06-2011 03:21 PM
    I received a phone call from Verizon a few weeks ago asking me to upgrade something on my son's line. I inquired about my upgrade status and she said I am eligible for the full 2 year upgrade pricing, even though my 2 year is mid November (must be that 22 month thing mentioned above.)

So I am ready to get mine pre-ordered. Just not sure if I should get from Verizon or Apple, or if I should wait for the release date and check at Best Buy and Radio Shack for the upgrade deals they have been doing lately with phone trade-ins.
    10-06-2011 03:32 PM
    I received a phone call from Verizon a few weeks ago asking me to upgrade something on my son's line. I inquired about my upgrade status and she said I am eligible for the full 2 year upgrade pricing, even though my 2 year is mid November (must be that 22 month thing mentioned above.)

So I am ready to get mine pre-ordered. Just not sure if I should get from Verizon or Apple, or if I should wait for the release date and check at Best Buy and Radio Shack for the upgrade deals they have been doing lately with phone trade-ins.
    Apple's offering trade in deals as well, not sure if it will be the best around, but it's always an option.
    10-06-2011 03:39 PM
    Apple's offering trade in deals as well, not sure if it will be the best around, but it's always an option.
    I have a Moto Droid 1. Do they do trade-ins with those, or only iPhones?
    10-06-2011 03:51 PM
    I think it's going to be tough sledding trying to get Verizon to budge on the upgrades. I'm not due for an upgrade until December of 2012 (18 months in) and I'm already skeptical that they would let me upgrade early even if it was for another iPhone that launched in June of 2012. Pretty sure they're going to hold me off until the end of 2012.
    10-06-2011 04:00 PM
    Only Apple products through some outside company. You get an Apple gift card in return. I can't remember the name of the company right now. I didn't think the pricing was that great, but thought you could prolly do better going private-sale.
    10-06-2011 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD