Verizon early upgrades for the 4s?

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I know it hasn't really been disclosed yet, but does anyone have any information on whether or not Verizon will allow people to upgrade early for the 4s?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I know it hasn't really been disclosed yet, but does anyone have any information on whether or not Verizon will allow people to upgrade early for the 4s?

I don't think they will do any upgrades other then the normal upgrades. Luckily I have 3 lines on my account, and get to use all of the upgrades. Got one coming 11/13. Month, and 9 days until I get my iPhone 4S (as long as it isn't sold out, but I don't think it will be.)

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah would be nice if they did because I don't plan on leaving Verizon and really starting to like iOS and don't plan on going back to android.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what you mean by "early". I checked online a couple of months ago and I was eligible for the $199 price at month 16 of my contract. If I wait until month 22, I get another $50 off. I'm not going to wait.

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site

Nope. I checked and it is full price. If you have an iPhone 4, I would wait for the LTE model in 2012.

ajroller

May 6, 2009
Visit site
So I know how to check my eligibility upgrade currently but I'm wondering if Verizon is going to be offering early upgrade deals like ATT is doing?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So I know how to check my eligibility upgrade currently but I'm wondering if Verizon is going to be offering early upgrade deals like ATT is doing?

I would doubt that Verizon offered any deals like this. They were very tight with bumping peoples upgrades when the 4 came out, and I don't think this will be any different.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean you checked? Did you actually call or go in to a store or just checked the website? Do you have any links?

I would doubt that Verizon offered any deals like this. They were very tight with bumping peoples upgrades when the 4 came out, and I don't think this will be any different.

I'm hoping they'll let me since i'm on a US Government Discount... :D

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well if you have a current iphone or another smartphone and you have a spare non-smartphone laying around then add a line with Verizon activate and order the new iPhone 4S activate it. Then swap the non-smartphone to that new number and put your new iPhone 4S onto the line you want with your existing data plan.

Here is what you can do. Add a line $9.99 per month 24 months = $240 plus iPhone 4S 64GB $399 (plus your taxes) comes out to $639 plus taxes. Sure beats paying $849 + taxes and you save $210. You can leave that unused phone in your drawer.

So there is more than one way to get the 64GB version for less.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Well if you have a current iphone or another smartphone and you have a spare non-smartphone laying around then add a line with Verizon activate and order the new iPhone 4S activate it. Then swap the non-smartphone to that new number and put your new iPhone 4S onto the line you want with your existing data plan.

Here is what you can do. Add a line $9.99 per month 24 months = $240 plus iPhone 4S 64GB $399 (plus your taxes) comes out to $639 plus taxes. Sure beats paying $849 + taxes and you save $210. You can leave that unused phone in your drawer.

So there is more than one way to get the 64GB version for less.

I would if my bill weren't already astronomical as is lol..... :D

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As someone that has utilized and taken advantage of many upgrades, I have asked and reconfirmed how they are working it.

It used to be that you could upgrade annually even on 2 year contracts.

NOW.....

If you buy a phone now on the 2 year contract, you will not be eligable to upgrade at the discounted contract price for 20 months.

However, if you purchased a phone a little over 12 months ago, you could be grandfathered in on that annual upgrade to take advantage of it one last time. They have however changed one more thing which disappointed me....that grandfathering is only available for the primary line.

Hope that helps

webbie128

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
i think it depends how far in your contract you are in. I just upgraded to the 4:( so stuck until 10/12 unless i want to pay full price.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I just argued with them over this. I'm eligible for an upgrade (primary phone), but my husband won't be until January (secondary phone). Such BS. They told me they could work out an early upgrade to another phone but not to an iPhone 4S. Deal breaker for us. We're paying the early termination fees and switching to AT&T. The real irony is that we're both currently on dumb phones. So Verizon would be making a lot more money off of us if we upgraded!