Any word from Sprint?

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm an AT&T 3GS user, so I'll be upgrading this time. My family is on Sprint with a family plan. My thinking is that moving to the family plan will be cheaper for me, so I'm leaning that way. It seems odd to me that Apple announces that Sprint will get the iPhone yet the website has no info. Do any of you have any idea about the plans? Will I just be able to order a new phone and add it to the family plan for the same price as any other phone addition?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Pre-orders start on Oct. 7th but I didn't see which retail partners would have it at launch. When we find out I'm sure those who will have it will also do pre-orders. For now the only confirmed seller is Apple.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
No one seems to have addressed this.. For Sprint their announcement is on Oct 7th and the pre orders start that same day but starting at 12.01 am online.. Me being a sprint customer how am I gonna do this? If I have to order thru apple's site how am I gonna get my upgrade discount. Do I wait until it shows up on sprint's site?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No one seems to have addressed this.. For Sprint their announcement is on Oct 7th and the pre orders start that same day but starting at 12.01 am online.. Me being a sprint customer how am I gonna do this? If I have to order thru apple's site how am I gonna get my upgrade discount. Do I wait until it shows up on sprint's site?

Apple's site will have your Sprint upgrage info on it. They already do for At&t and Verizon. You will easily be able to pre order on Apples page. But I'm sure they will have it setup so you can also preorder on Sprint's site as well.

Reactions: DreamOutLoud65

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Apple's site will have your Sprint upgrage info on it. They already do for At&t and Verizon. You will easily be able to pre order on Apples page. But I'm sure they will have it setup so you can also preorder on Sprint's site as well.

thanks.. I went to the apple store and see it says coming soon for Sprint. I see what you mean on selecting the carrier and eligibility etc..

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm an AT&T 3GS user, so I'll be upgrading this time. My family is on Sprint with a family plan. My thinking is that moving to the family plan will be cheaper for me, so I'm leaning that way. It seems odd to me that Apple announces that Sprint will get the iPhone yet the website has no info. Do any of you have any idea about the plans? Will I just be able to order a new phone and add it to the family plan for the same price as any other phone addition?

I talked to Sprint about it, today. You can do this as long as it's an Everything Data family plan. It's exactly what I wanted to know. You'll also have to pay the $10 premium data charge.

Mistress of Mischief

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I talked to Sprint about it, today. You can do this as long as it's an Everything Data family plan. It's exactly what I wanted to know. You'll also have to pay the $10 premium data charge.

Mistress of Mischief

Great! It looks like I should be able to switch and have it cost me $37 per month vice the $80+ it costs me on AT&T.

Apple9to5

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to Apple and they said

"The iPhone will be coming to Sprint soon, however, we do not yet have a specific date. But we are very excited about it"

"Yes, the iPhone 4S is coming soon for Sprint. We don't have an exact release date for it."

so 100% sure no sprint 4S on oct 7th? You guys said yes earlier...

"That is correct."

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to Apple and they stated it would be available to pre-order @ 1201am PST on the apple site...or i can contact Sprint... So my guess is pre-ordering on Apple's site.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
UGH... so what you are saying is that basically we have to wait till Oct 7th when Sprint has their media event for a date? I am thinking the pre order date maybe sunday Oct. 9th. Sprint tends to do their preorders/release dates on Sundays. Not sure why.

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
UGH... so what you are saying is that basically we have to wait till Oct 7th when Sprint has their media event for a date? I am thinking the pre order date maybe sunday Oct. 9th. Sprint tends to do their pre-orders/release dates on Sundays. Not sure why.

No, what i was saying was a Apple rep told me we can pre-order from them directly on the 7th @ 12a PST....but they did not mention from sprint...they told me to call them if I wanted to go through them. So if you want to order it on the 7th, most likely you will need to do it through apple unless sprint announces their pre-order date before then.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I called Sprint yesterday and spoke with them on the phone. The person I spoke with said that i would be able to pre-order on the 7th via Apple or Sprint's website. So, my belief is that we will be able to pre-order same as AT&T and VZW.

mobile79

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I have to do mine through Sprint, as I am using a gift card that I got when I returned my Photon last month. Either way.....I CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT!!

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
Didn't know if anyone else noticed this, but when you try to check upgrade eligibility, does anyone else get that the ugrade eligibility information for this account type is temporarily unavailable? I was just checking for s & giggles, but now I'm wondering if they'll be making exceptions for early upgrades? I don't really want to waste my upgrade if a better iPhone (more aesthetically pleasing, imo) comes out next year, but I'm interested in what my status is/will be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen