I called the closest Sprint store near me. It is not a corporate store. They are taking preorders tomorrow morning in-store. Since I am switching from AT&T to Sprint, I'll need to go in the store to get my number switched from AT&T and get the phone added to my family's plan.

Is there a compelling reason to go to a corporate store versus a non-corporate store?
    you can't preorder in any of the stores with sprint.. Online pre order sales only.

See this link: Sprint iPhone pre-sales will be handled online; no in-store pre-orders, no wait lists
    10-06-2011 08:39 PM
    you can't preorder in any of the stores with sprint.. Online pre order sales only.

See this link: Sprint iPhone pre-sales will be handled online; no in-store pre-orders, no wait lists
    So the rep lied to me?

So what do I do? Order online from Sprint and then take the phone to the store for activation when it arrives?
    10-06-2011 08:50 PM
    I'd suggest calling customer service to get your answers. Because that is correct, they told me that on the phone, only online preorders.

Mistress of Mischief
    10-06-2011 08:54 PM
    I'd suggest calling customer service to get your answers. Because that is correct, they told me that on the phone, only online preorders.

Mistress of Mischief
    Thanks. I'm now thinking I got that info BECAUSE I called a non-corporate store. They were asking for a $50 deposit when I called.
    10-06-2011 09:03 PM
    no not really they're still going to take you're preorder even if you arnt in a corporate store.
    10-06-2011 09:19 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD