What am I missing? It is just a better camera?

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I just looked at the specs comparing the 4 to the 4G

They say a better batter life, but both models get the same internet time. The old 4G actually gets more standby time (100 hours more)

front cameras are the same
not sure if the upgrade is worth it

Apple - iPhone - Compare

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
It's like the 3GS launch. No new hardware really but everything is inside. So yes new camera but also ram is doubled and graphics are better. And like the 3GS getting a feature that 3G didn't(multitasking) the 4S is getting siri which I personally think will change how you use your iPhone completely. And the 4 will not get that.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Siri does come with iOS5, but it will be a different version for anything less than the 4S. Sort of like how not everyone got multitasking, or new text tones, etc...so you will get iOS 5 on the older 4, but not Siri.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And just to put it out there...when the 3G was being replaced by the 3GS, people had the same exact convo's about how it was "just an upgrade" and asked the same questions. Turns out, the 3GS was SUBSTANTIALLY better than the iPhone 3G, and in this case, i can almost guarantee you, the differences and upgrades will be just as, if not more substantial from the iPhone 4.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just looked at the specs comparing the 4 to the 4G

They say a better batter life, but both models get the same internet time. The old 4G actually gets more standby time (100 hours more)

front cameras are the same
not sure if the upgrade is worth it

Apple - iPhone - Compare

First of all, there is NO iPhone 4G...it's iPhone 4S

Secondly, as others have already pointed out, the processor is 2x faster, graphics are up to 7x faster, more RAM and a new 64GB model.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Is the more Ram confirmed? I didn't see anything on Apple's website and I know Rene posted a comparison chart on the front page with 1gb of Ram with a question mark. Did I miss something?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is the more Ram confirmed? I didn't see anything on Apple's website and I know Rene posted a comparison chart on the front page with 1gb of Ram with a question mark. Did I miss something?

I was listening to so many feeds this morning during the keynote - I know I heard it, but can't find it documented. It could have been speculation from one of the feeds. As the man said, without a photo, it didn't happen. Sorry to have posted something without checking the facts.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I read a few blogs from some tech sites that stated there was 1gb of ram under the hood too but I have not seen any "concrete" evidence for this as of yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice