I scanned the Apple website and didn't notice any but I remembered hearing there may be some iOS 5 additions not available to iPhone 4 users. Does anyone know if there are any items left out?

****Never mind, my fears seem to be confirmed. Siri is 4s only. Hopefully there will be a jailbreak fix. *****
    Last edited by j7469; 10-04-2011 at 05:25 PM.
    10-04-2011 04:43 PM
    Siri is the option you are missing if you have a 4. Other than that, it's all technical stuff.
    10-04-2011 05:24 PM
    If Siri is installed but just not activated on the iP4. Or does the installer check the phone model and not install it? Could be activated via jailbreak if it's in there somewhere. Afterall, the Siri app worked on iP4, why wouldn't Siri Assistant?
    10-04-2011 06:44 PM
    If Siri is installed but just not activated on the iP4. Or does the installer check the phone model and not install it? Could be activated via jailbreak if it's in there somewhere. Afterall, the Siri app worked on iP4, why wouldn't Siri Assistant?
    Because apple wants you to buy a 4S.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    10-04-2011 07:18 PM
    Apple's way of forcing people to upgrade. Same happened with iphone 3G 3GS. They added a feature (can't remember which) that you could only use if you had the 3GS. The question is--do you really need that feature? Apple praised the fast A5 chip when it showed a game. Is that really going to be important for someone to pay a premium to go from the 4 to 4S--probably not that many. Maybe for those who have had the 3GS for a couple of years. On the other hand, I just can't see Apple not releasing a new hardware version next summer to satisfy the LTE community. Let the speculation begin....
    10-04-2011 07:24 PM
    Because apple wants you to buy a 4S.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    That may be a bit cynical... and maybe not. The 4S will have a faster processor and 1GB RAM, which, according to what I've read, is required to run Siri Assistant "well".

It could be Apple's ploy to get us all to upgrade, or it could be to head off an issue like iOS4 on the iPhone 3G. Anybody remember that FUBAR event?
    10-04-2011 07:48 PM
    That may be a bit cynical... and maybe not. The 4S will have a faster processor and 1GB RAM, which, according to what I've read, is required to run Siri Assistant "well".

It could be Apple's ploy to get us all to upgrade, or it could be to head off an issue like iOS4 on the iPhone 3G. Anybody remember that FUBAR event?
    They do that with all the new models they keep a few things that will just work "well" so that it forces some to buy the new one just so they can have that feature.
    10-04-2011 08:09 PM
    So is there a way to get Siri Assistant to work on a iP4 or are we **** out of luck?
    10-04-2011 08:25 PM
    So is there a way to get Siri Assistant to work on a iP4 or are we **** out of luck?
    I expect that in time the Jailbreak community will come up with a workaround...
    10-04-2011 08:41 PM
    siri was an app available in the app store on any iphone till apple bought them and implemented it in the 4s
    I think the app servers will still work till the 14th of october
    10-04-2011 09:01 PM
    siri was an app available in the app store on any iphone till apple bought them and implemented it in the 4s
    I think the app servers will still work till the 14th of october
    I remember that, and even looked for Siri in the app store. They took it out.
    10-04-2011 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD