Seriously? They finally got the generation to match up with the name with the 4, and now they pull this 4S mega-blunder.

So will the 6 be called the 5? Or will they call it the 6? Or will they just keep using the 4, and call the next one the 4SS, for super speed, and keep the same design?
    cardfan and Rex_Suggs like this.
    10-04-2011 03:09 PM
    iPhone 4G or HD
    10-04-2011 03:11 PM
    LOL. Too soon, my toothy friend.

Apple's last naming blunder (iPad) turned out just fine for them.
    10-04-2011 03:14 PM
    Seriously? They finally got the generation to match up with the name with the 4, and now they pull this 4S mega-blunder.

So will the 6 be called the 5? Or will they call it the 6? Or will they just keep using the 4, and call the next one the 4SS, for super speed, and keep the same design?
    Yeah. A6 chip and iOS 6 running on your iphone 5 in the future.

I didn't know there was a rule saying if the phone looks the same you can't jump up a number. If that were true for software, it'd still be iOS 1.5
    redbeard and Premium1 like this.
    10-04-2011 03:19 PM

I didn't know there was a rule saying if the phone looks the same you can't jump up a number. If that were true for software, it'd still be iOS 1.5
    Lol, so true, 4S just re-enforces the fact that it's the same phone but tweaked, and it's not going over well, people should see the things being said on other websites! Holy S&*t.
    10-04-2011 03:24 PM
    Is this marketing-gate for apple? Rene tried to reset expectations on the frontpage but that was futile. Apple can hype and keep secrecy like no other. Did it bite them this time? I'm pretty happy with the 4S but I know I'm in the minority.

Still, imo, there's nothing better out there at the present. It's more about software and ecosystem which maybe Apple should emphasize a bit more. Is a .5" larger screen that desirable if it's lesser quality? Once you get past all these redesign wants, people still tend to throw a case on it and all you see is the screen.

Seeing more no's than yes's on a tipb poll means Apple has some marketing problems. Surprising since Apple seems to always nail that aspect.
    10-05-2011 11:15 AM
    SMH. I guess it's a good thing that there aren't more important things to worry about.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-05-2011 11:21 AM
    SMH. I guess it's a good thing that there aren't more important things to worry about.
    I'm sure there are, but this be an iphone blog and all.
    10-05-2011 11:27 AM
    iPhone LTE
    10-05-2011 12:21 PM
    Haha iPhone 4SS (codenamed: Impala)
    10-05-2011 11:53 PM
    Life must suck when you can't find anything better to do than spend all day posting on a forum about a product you don't even like...
    Jellotime91 likes this.
    10-06-2011 06:58 AM
    Probably the I6 since it will be ios 6 and maybe a6 chip. You can't base everything off of one version.
    10-06-2011 07:26 AM

Oh god.. do you even remember iPhone OS 1.0?

I didn't know there was a rule that you have to change things that are already great just for the sake of changing them.
    10-06-2011 09:01 AM
    Oh god.. do you even remember iPhone OS 1.0?

I didn't know there was a rule that you have to change things that are already great just for the sake of changing them.
    I don't think calling it the iphone 4S was already great. It caused a lot of negative chatter and will influence a lot of people's decisions. Choosing to simply not call it the iphone 5 will probably cost them a bit.

Look at google with their chrome browser. Every minor update went up a version number. Firefox has copied this. Firefox 8 sounds better than firefox 4.1.2. It's just common sense.

Doesn't matter to me personally as i find the 4S a very worthy upgrade.
    10-06-2011 09:33 AM
    Life must suck when you can't find anything better to do than spend all day posting on a forum about a product you don't even like...
    Or being the ********* that has nothing better to do than belittle everyone who has a different opinion then themselves.
    10-06-2011 10:01 AM
    Or being the ********* that has nothing better to do than belittle everyone who has a different opinion then themselves.
    Name calling huh? lol...classy. Glad you understood my point...
    10-06-2011 10:03 AM
    4S blunder?
    The 5 will be the 5
    The 6 will be the 6

The 3GS didn't deter the name of the 4, nor will the 4S with the 5.
    10-06-2011 01:58 PM
    I don't think calling it the iphone 4S was already great. It caused a lot of negative chatter and will influence a lot of people's decisions. Choosing to simply not call it the iphone 5 will probably cost them a bit.
    People have such short memories. There was a lot more fuss over the iPad name last year. Apple did not lose any sales because of the name. Anyone who says they're not buying the 4S because of the name probably wasn't going to buy it anyway. Apple's main concern for the immediate future is to build enough phones to meet the demand.
    10-06-2011 02:19 PM
    Look at the rest of Apples product line. Theres the iMac, iPod etc.. The iPhone 4S just doesn't work or fit in with the others, I think Apple will eventually drop the suffix and just make it "iPhone". What do you guys and gals think?
    10-06-2011 02:25 PM
    I would go with iPhone 5.

Could be the iPhone 5 LTE

Could be the iPhone 5 HD
    10-06-2011 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD