kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Download now :-D ... any non-devs got this working? I am going to be using iTunes Beta 9 to install on OS X Lion

Working fine near as I can tell... on my iPad1, and my iPhone4-Verizon version.

Installed the latest iTunes beta, then put each device into DFU mode, and used the Option-Restore method.

Reactions: Donny7

markz

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
how can I get GM download?

Wow I would love to get a download of the GM and b7 for windows to update my iphone4,anyone pm me with info please

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Question: do you HAVE to use the iTunes Beta to install the iOS 5 GM, or can a regular version of iTunes 10.x will do?

I believe that you have to use the latest... you have to use a version of iTunes that will recognize the iOS version. I can guarantee you that 10.4 or earlier will NOT work.

Reactions: DaPhoneking

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I just updated to 5.0 also and everything went smooth. The GM version and setup through ios5 on the phone itself is so wonderful like Icloud, etc. But anyone having worries about the jump. Have no fear, this is the version that Apple is releasing to the public. Its a very clean and actually quick install.

KrispyKrink

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Any found issues with the GM so far?

If you have any be aware that many Apps aren't yet ready for iOS 5. I had some problems with Instacast acting like a crazed monkey and it affected the stock Music player (skipping tracks, chipmunk audio), I had to uninstall, reset and reinstall to get it working. Apple just now opened up the ability for devs to submit iOS 5 SDK compiled apps so updates should start flooding in.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If you have any be aware that many Apps aren't yet ready for iOS 5. I had some problems with Instacast acting like a crazed monkey and it affected the stock Music player (skipping tracks, chipmunk audio), I had to uninstall, reset and reinstall to get it working. Apple just now opened up the ability for devs to submit iOS 5 SDK compiled apps so updates should start flooding in.

So, should I update tonight or not, in your opinion?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh