Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the 3002 error one that happens when servers to authenticate the software are getting slammed?

That's exactly what I am thinking. Just for grins, I tried to reinstall B7 and got the same error... going to wait a while and try again... I can't imagine that there are any capacity issues today :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm downloading it now but will I be able to install using a PC or do I need the Mac iTunes beta?

The latest iTunes that is available is 10.5 B9 for both Windows and OS X.

UPDATE: This appears to be a widespread issue, as it's being reported on the Developer's Forum. Most likely cause: server issue on Apple's end.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was B7 for Windows and B9 for OS X?

I use OS X, so I don't know for sure. i know there's a B9 for OS X, so I assumed there was one for Windows, too.

UPDATE: Verified that Windows did NOT get the B8 or B9 "iTunes match" betas of iTunes, so the latest betas are:

OS X: Beta 9
Win: Beta 7.

Regardless, the issue with GM installs is a problem in Apple's server end.

Reactions: Got the Shakes

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I use OS X, so I don't know for sure. i know there's a B9 for OS X, so I assumed there was one for Windows, too.

UPDATE: Verified that Windows did NOT get the B8 or B9 "iTunes match" betas of iTunes, so the latest betas are:

Thank you for verifying that for me. I wanted to make sure that I had the latest beta before trying to install the GM later tonight.

pug29

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
can someone direct me to instructions on installing this to my phone? i've got itunes beta 7 (installed) and the ios5 GM downloaded, but not sure where to go from here.

KrispyKrink

May 14, 2011
Visit site

It worked smoothly for me by doing an Option + Restore.

Donny7

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Download now :-D ... any non-devs got this working? I am going to be using iTunes Beta 9 to install on OS X Lion

KrispyKrink

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Download now :-D ... any non-devs got this working? I am going to be using iTunes Beta 9 to install on OS X Lion

My iPhone is registered to my dev account, works fine. It also works fine on my wife's iPhone 4 that's not on my dev account. iCloud is also working fine.

Use iTunes 10.5 beta 9 (backup your iPhone first!) and Option + (click) Restore. It'll wipe and install iOS 5 as stock and restore your most recent backup then you're golden.

Reactions: Donny7

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Is shift+restore the equivalent of option+restore on Windows? What exactly do I do?
On the left the phone needs to be highlighted, right? I keep the shift key down while
right clicking and selecting restore?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It worked smoothly for me by doing an Option + Restore.

Yes, it's working now. Thanks for the confirmation. That's exactly what I tried, and eventually, did.

And for the n00bs, to install GM, it's OPTION (SHIFT on Windows) + RESTORE (NOT update).

Updated: changed the Windows key from CTRL to SHIFT, as pointed out by Forever29.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donny7

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal