Votes: 257 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 134 34.3%

• Total voters

Allesandro

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Undecided

Now that everything is all out in the clear will you be purchasing the new iPhone?
As of today, I could not vote in your poll because I am still on the fence about the iPhone 4S. I like the benchmark tests that seem to blow the Androids out of the water, and I also like the smooth interface and operating system on the iPhone, but I like the larger screens on the Androids. So right now I am in a waiting and researching mode. In fact, I joined this forum for that reason, to read what others are saying and experiencing with both their iPhone and Androids. Next month, Verizon is coming out with the Motorola Droid Razr and the Nexus Prime. Before jumping onto the iPhone, I want to see how these to Android models compare to the 4S in speed, performance, UI and battery life.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
As of today, I could not vote in your poll because I am still on the fence about the iPhone 4S. I like the benchmark tests that seem to blow the Androids out of the water, and I also like the smooth interface and operating system on the iPhone, but I like the larger screens on the Androids. So right now I am in a waiting and researching mode. In fact, I joined this forum for that reason, to read what others are saying and experiencing with both their iPhone and Androids. Next month, Verizon is coming out with the Motorola Droid Razr and the Nexus Prime. Before jumping onto the iPhone, I want to see how these to Android models compare to the 4S in speed, performance, UI and battery life.

Although it's wise to wait for complete reviews, I think there are some fairly safe conclusions you can make about the upcoming Razr & Nexus phones. The 4G devices will allow faster browsing at the cost of battery life. Performance in terms of native apps, however, will almost definitely favor the iPhone. The integration of OS & hardware allows Apple to really tweak real-life performance despite slower clock speeds. UI is debatable, but the iPhone usually wins in terms of simplicity and elegance. That "secret sauce" of one-to-one touch responsiveness still seems to elude Android. Folks who had hands-on time with ICS still commented on lags, stutters & unresponsiveness. They said ICS was still in beta builds, but I wouldn't assume everything will get smoothed out by launch. The larger screens are still lower resolution and also result in lower battery life. The Nexus' PenTile screen may be an issue if you're sensitive to those patterns or color tinge.

I suggest you go to a store and give Siri a good test run.

Reactions: Allesandro

Allesandro

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Although it's wise to wait for complete reviews, I think there are some fairly safe conclusions you can make about the upcoming Razr & Nexus phones. The 4G devices will allow faster browsing at the cost of battery life. Performance in terms of native apps, however, will almost definitely favor the iPhone. The integration of OS & hardware allows Apple to really tweak real-life performance despite slower clock speeds. UI is debatable, but the iPhone usually wins in terms of simplicity and elegance. That "secret sauce" of one-to-one touch responsiveness still seems to elude Android. Folks who had hands-on time with ICS still commented on lags, stutters & unresponsiveness. They said ICS was still in beta builds, but I wouldn't assume everything will get smoothed out by launch. The larger screens are still lower resolution and also result in lower battery life. The Nexus' PenTile screen may be an issue if you're sensitive to those patterns or color tinge.

I suggest you go to a store and give Siri a good test run.

Thanks to your reply, I went to the Verizon store and tried out the iPhone, and I liked it very much. I placed my order for a Verizon 16GB iPhone 4S in black. I'll have two weeks to try it out.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay kids, hijacking this thread because I don't want to start a new one for (somewhat) the same topic.

My daughter has decided she can't deal with her laggy 3gs since she upgraded to iOS5. She wants to use an upgrade to get an 8gb iP4. I currently have a 16gb iP4. Should I let her use an upgrade for the 8gb 4 or should I use the upgrade for a 4S and give her my phone. I can sell her 3gs for $100/$150 pretty quickly to offset my cost. I just really hate to waste the upgrade on the 8gb iP4... :confused: :confused:

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My kids don't try this on me because they live with their mom out of state and if she wants to buy them phones and pay for the service, that's up to her.

Last edited:

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay kids, hijacking this thread because I don't want to start a new one for (somewhat) the same topic.

My daughter has decided she can't deal with her laggy 3gs since she upgraded to iOS5. She wants to use an upgrade to get an 8gb iP4. I currently have a 16gb iP4. Should I let her use an upgrade for the 8gb 4 or should I use the upgrade for a 4S and give her my phone. I can sell her 3gs for $100/$150 pretty quickly to offset my cost. I just really hate to waste the upgrade on the 8gb iP4... :confused: :confused:

Definitely get the 4S for you, and give her the 4 and sell the 3GS. They sell pretty easily on eBay and Craigslist.

Reactions: BrindawithanI

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
By the time I get my upgrade the next one will probably be out or soon to be so I will most likely not be purchasing the 4S. Although Siri is quite appealing to me. But then again that would probably wear off within a week or two (for me anyways).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW