• Yes

Votes: 257 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 134 34.3%

• Total voters

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I will buy it. But I have the advantage of having upgrade eligibility each year. If I didn't, not sure.

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I will buy it. But I have the advantage of having upgrade eligibility each year. If I didn't, not sure.

How do you get upgrade eligibility every year? Are you on AT&T?

I am still hobbling along with my 3G so yes, I will be getting the 4S! In fact, I can't wait. Apple makes the best looking phones, and design matters.

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Man I wish I could have waited one more month with sprint to switch to AT&T. Don't get me wrong I was till gonna swap but I could have order the 4S instead I got the 3GS

"Think Different"
~ Steve Jobs ~

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I will not at this time. I am not due for an upgrade yet so I will be happy with my iP4 on iOS5. But the iP4S is NICE!

charlestonsc

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes, absolutely. We have our upgrades staggered so that either my hubby or I get a new one every year. Well, I get the new one, he gets the hand me down. Don't feel bad for him though. He has zero interest in gadgets. Me on the other hand.... ;)

KJowers

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
No. Not unless my work line is cancelled (Iphone 4). Then I may even go to sprint! LOL! Really though, I'm more than happy with my iphone 4..........it's my first iphone and I've had RIM and android............Hacking the nights away in order to get an OS that works like it should was tiresome. I'm really enjoying the battery life and the better reception! And...............the IOS is soooooooooooooo easy.............

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
For those that aren't within your upgrade window, neither am I since I just purchased my iPhone4 6 months ago, but plenty of people are looking for an iphone4 from someone who is upgrading to the iPhone 4S...I sold my iphone4 on Craigslist within a few hours of posting it for sale for $450, now I'll take my cash and have $300 out of pocket expense for iphone4S!

Last edited:

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with my 4, however I will preorder a 4S for my wife. She is ready to switch from her blackberry.

Last edited:

trivera

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I want to....

The iPhone 4S sounds pretty good, I like the siri feature, but right now I have the iPhone 4 and not due for an upgrade and I'm broke right now soooooooo , I'm prob not getting it. I'll probally wait till the next iPhone comes out when my contract is up. I have no reason to give up my iPhone 4 just yet, even tho I like to have the latest tech as soon as I could get it. Lol

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Really considering making the switch from BlackBerry. All our devices are Apple except for our phones. Only thing stopping us is that we still have a long time until our contract expires. That, and the fact that we really like physical keyboards. Still can't type on my iPod Touch very well and I've had it for a long time.

The thing that is really pushing us to go completely Apple is that BlackBerry DM for Mac (the program used to sync info to computer) doesn't allow info to go from the device to the macbook. So basically, any info updated on the device (which is the only way we update) gets overwritten by the current (old) info on the computer. And there's no option to choose one-way sync from device to mac and no option to select "device wins" when there is a conflict. So, the result is overwritten files or duplicate entries. :mad:

So to answer the question: we're still debating.

Rubjr254

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I still have one more year left until my upgrade, which hopefully something else will be coming out. This phone would be an awesome upgrade for my girlfriend who has the 3GS.

Andrew Flores

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Really considering making the switch from BlackBerry. All our devices are Apple except for our phones. Only thing stopping us is that we still have a long time until our contract expires. That, and the fact that we really like physical keyboards. Still can't type on my iPod Touch very well and I've had it for a long time.

The thing that is really pushing us to go completely Apple is that BlackBerry DM for Mac (the program used to sync info to computer) doesn't allow info to go from the device to the macbook. So basically, any info updated on the device (which is the only way we update) gets overwritten by the current (old) info on the computer. And there's no option to choose one-way sync from device to mac and no option to select "device wins" when there is a conflict. So, the result is overwritten files or duplicate entries. :mad:

So to answer the question: we're still debating.

If you really love Keyboards that much but arnt very good with software keyboards, then I recommend you stick with a blackberry. They have solid hardware and good designs. The only thing they truly lack is a great OS. Their OS is merely solid but seems a little outdated. Good luck choosing your next smartphone :)

Joebin

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
If I was eligible for the upgrade I would buy the 4S, but unfortunately... I am not nor can I afford paying at full price. I am very happy with my iPhone 4. All the negative posts about the 4S being "disappointing" and "looking to get an Android or WP7" talk are somewhat suspicious.

Anyone who's already owned a previous model iPhone and has tried the competition knows there is no phone like the iPhone. The 4S is no different. It's a very solid upgrade. "Underwhelming?" Hmmmm. The iPhone 4 is already screaming fast and smooth with great battery life compared to the competition. The 4S is up to 2x faster processor and 7x faster graphics. How is that "disappointing?" 8megapixel camera that shoots faster and higher quality. How is that "underwhelming?"

The most enjoyable use of the iPhone for me are the camera apps. I've seen stunning pictures on Flickr and Instagram shot on a 3Gs models. The camera on the 4 was a huge upgrade, so the 4S is definitely worth the upgrade if you can afford it.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Thinking if I should get the 4S when I'm eligible in December, or wait it out for 5. I guess If I waited this long, I can cross my fingers that 5 comes out next summer!

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
I was SERIOUSLY considering taking this oppurtunity to switch to Verizon but after thinking about it, it isnt worth it and heres why.

First of all I have AT&T at the moment and the arent offering a full upgrade until Nov 25 which means it would cost me $549 for the 32gb to replace my current one. I can sell my current phone for $300 no problem to cover the base cost of the 32gb but it is not worth spending $250 "out of pocket" for the minor upgrade.

Secondly I considered going to Verizon but guess what? Still no Voice+Data. If this phone had 4G and v+d was confirmed then id do it in a heartbeat since Verizon is better here but that isnt the case. Also, since Verizon is CDMA the new antenna technology really doesnt mean anything new so basically id be switching over to reach the same speeds I currently have now on my at&t iphone. No bueno

Me upgrading on AT&T would actually benefit as far as data speeds go seeing as how HSPA+ would theoretically double my speeds but like I said for lack of 4G and the extra $250 theyre charging it isnt worth it. ALSO if nobody is offering early upgrades now, does that mean that when the next iPhone comes out next june (hopefully) that we will be paying full retail until afer Nov 25 2012??? Thats really my BIGGEST concern. If they drop a 4G iPhone in June I want it RELEASE DAY and for an even trade (sell this one for cash on that one)

Last edited: