• Yes

Votes: 257 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 134 34.3%

• Total voters

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I was gonna wait until the iPhone 5, but after Steve passed away, I almost feel like I should buy the 4S out of respect for the man since he was a genius and I'm sure he had a hand in the iPhone 4S.

But then again, the iPhone 4 was the last phone Jobs announced...

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i'm upgrading to a new phone this month....but honestly don't know if i will get an iphone 4 or iphone 4s. the iphone 4 is looking a bit more tempting right now because $200 for the 32GB model is not a bad deal at all.

....but i'm a youtuber, and the 1080p video is enticing....BUT....i'd rather use my ipod touch 4 as a primary camera to save my phone battery, and the iphone as a secondary. [too bad ipod touch 5 is only 720p...i checked]

i think i'm gonna go with the vanilla iphone 4....its still a good phone! [nothing wrong with the 4S, its just more money i don't feel like spending]

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Whats new about iPod touch ? In the key notes it looked to me that they just dropped the price ? Did I miss something ?

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Whats new about iPod touch ? In the key notes it looked to me that they just dropped the price ? Did I miss something ?
it doesn't seem like anything changed....only the 8GB version dropped in price. the only new thing seems to be that it comes in white now...i think it might not be a new ipod touch, and just a new color.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i'm upgrading to a new phone this month....but honestly don't know if i will get an iphone 4 or iphone 4s. the iphone 4 is looking a bit more tempting right now because $200 for the 32GB model is not a bad deal at all.

....but i'm a youtuber, and the 1080p video is enticing....BUT....i'd rather use my ipod touch 4 as a primary camera to save my phone battery, and the iphone as a secondary. [too bad ipod touch 5 is only 720p...i checked]

i think i'm gonna go with the vanilla iphone 4....its still a good phone! [nothing wrong with the 4S, its just more money i don't feel like spending]

There is a huge gap between the iPod touch camera and the iPhone camera. Also, the 4S has image stabilization and slightly wider lens. I don't know what type of videos you shoot, but I'd think the 4S is worth the extra $100 over a 2 yr. contract. Just put a dollar a day into a jar for the next 3 months.

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There is a huge gap between the iPod touch camera and the iPhone camera. Also, the 4S has image stabilization and slightly wider lens. I don't know what type of videos you shoot, but I'd think the 4S is worth the extra $100 over a 2 yr. contract. Just put a dollar a day into a jar for the next 3 months.
oh, yeah of course. i'm mainly worried about my phone dying on me if i use that primarily during shoots. i use tripods and home-made steadycam rigs so image stabilization isn't much of a deal breaker for me. for photography, i'll definitely be using the iphone 4 primarily....but will leave the video to the ipod touch. i'd still be using both for video shoots, but the iphone will be secondary if i NEED a second angle. maybe that'll change over time when i want the auto-focus of the iphone....but the ipod touch is handling perfectly for what i need it to do.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
oh, yeah of course. i'm mainly worried about my phone dying on me if i use that primarily during shoots. i use tripods and home-made steadycam rigs so image stabilization isn't much of a deal breaker for me. for photography, i'll definitely be using the iphone 4 primarily....but will leave the video to the ipod touch. i'd still be using both for video shoots, but the iphone will be secondary if i NEED a second angle. maybe that'll change over time when i want the auto-focus of the iphone....but the ipod touch is handling perfectly for what i need it to do.

It's amazing what you can do with a cell phone camera these days. The 4S will be my first iPhone. I'm really looking forward to using the camera for both stills and video. What tripod & mount do you suggest? Something portable enough for a jacket pocket.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
HAHA! Bro, I don't even think some of the fan-boys on this forum will say that it's 'the best phone out there'. A lot of us PREFER the iPhone, but the iPhone 4s is nowhere near 'the best' and anyone who knows what their talking about will tell you that. I'll never buy another type of phone, but the best? That's laughable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, then what is? Enlighten me, I'm always open to learning something new.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I will definitely be up grading! Twice as fast? heck ya! better battery? even better! more memory? i'll take it! redesigned camera with new optics and new 8mp sensor that records video in 1080p HD? Oh yeah! and new antenna design with smart antenna switching? Nice! plus the siri is looking hella cool! Just wish AT&T would give me upgrade pricing on launch day. currently it looks like I gotta wait till nov. 11th;(

and the best thing of all?....they did NOT mess up the design! I love the way the current iPhone looks and feels. so glad we get another year with the glass and stainless steel design! bigger screen? no thank you, I do not want a bigger phone to carry around.

That sums it up pretty good.

hrasty

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I just realized the much anticipated and needed maps update was missing as well.

Just what on Earth has Apple been doing the past 16 months??? If it took them 16 months for this, and they couldn't even update the maps app, or change the design so people can tell it's the new one, that is shockingly pathetic.

So, the thing bothering you here is that people can't really tell whether you have the latest iPhone?

I'm buying myself an iPhone because I don't have one. If I had the 3GS I would buy a new one, if I had the 4 I probably wouldn't. I'm not at all dissapointed with 4S, I think mainly Apple should have a say what the iPhone should be like, not the users. Plus, some expected so much of Apple and now they are dissapointed. Why? For blowing this thing up way out of it's proportions. Just be happy with what you get, if you don't like it, just don't buy it :)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
So, the thing bothering you here is that people can't really tell whether you have the latest iPhone?

I'm buying myself an iPhone because I don't have one. If I had the 3GS I would buy a new one, if I had the 4 I probably wouldn't. I'm not at all dissapointed with 4S, I think mainly Apple should have a say what the iPhone should be like, not the users. Plus, some expected so much of Apple and now they are dissapointed. Why? For blowing this thing up way out of it's proportions. Just be happy with what you get, if you don't like it, just don't buy it :)

Yeah, he just wants to show off.... How pathetic !!!

!BigTex71

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I will be buying the iPhone 4S.

I currently have the original Motorola Droid. I got it on Day 1 and the camera is horrible, so I am looking forward to the new iPhone 4S. I also purchased my first Apple product earlier this year when I got an iPad 2 and got my son an iPod Touch. I am now sold on Apple products.

I was seriously considering the new Droid Bionic, but I was very frustrated with my Droid locking up and forcing me to shut down all the time. It also would get incredibly slow until a reboot. Add the fact that I can use all the current apps I have for my iPad (the Universal ones) and my son's iPod AND the upgraded camera and 1080 video - I am getting one!

Once the LTE iPhone 5 comes out I will give my wife my 4S and get myself the 5. :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I voted "No" earlier, but now I have the motivation to upgrade. My daughter (grown) wants to replace her 3GS with a new model, but can't afford the new phone. I have offered her my slightly used iPhone 4 (32GB) and will upgrade to the iPhone 4S. All it will cost her is her upgrade slot with AT&T.

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Went back-and-forth in my mind, but I drive a LOT and SIRI helped me decide. Ordering early Friday morning, CDT - everyone stay off the Apple Store App, pretty please?

mysimba97

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll buy one... I really wanted the redesigned and mythical iPhone 5, but I'm tired of buggy Android phones.. I'm excited to join the flock...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods