• Yes

Votes: 257 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 134 34.3%

• Total voters

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to stick with my iPhone 4/Samsung Captivate/BB Torch 2 trio until next year. I was pretty bummed out about there being no iPhone 5 at first but I don't really "need" a phone this year. This will be a nice upgrade for anyone with an older iPhone or for the Sprint folks.

KrispyKrink

May 14, 2011
Visit site
If the Nexus Prime is not a world phone, doesn't come to Sprint, and if ICS is nothing more than interface tweaks, then yes, I'll gladly pony up for an iPhone 4S on December 1st.

That is, unless it doesn't support all of my Google Services :

Google Talk
Google Voice
Gmail
Google +

I'm not currently an iPhone user, but am certainly likely to become one given that I'm a musician and certain apps that suck on Android or are only available for the iPhone, are pushing me toward that pitcher of Koolaid. So if anyone knows for a fact that the above Google services do work on the iPhone 4 (which means they are likely to work on the iPhone 4S), pour me some grape Koolaid. I've heard all the BS about the great hardware the Android vendors make but the Android OS enrages me to the point of needing anger management. I had a chance to play with an iPhone 4 at a Verizon store recently and it took everything in me to not cancel Sprint and bounce then, just to get one, so even though it's not an iPhone 5 and doesn't have 4G at all, I'd get it. Google has one last chance next week to keep me interested, but to be honest, I'm ready to bail.

I use both an iPhone 4 and a few Android phones myself. All of the things you listed as a must, work fine on an iPhone. Google + and Google Voice both are in the iOS App Store. GMail can be setup with as an Exchange service for Push and access to all of your GMail folders, however you wont have access to Starring and such in the iOS Mail app, I use the web app for that. For Google Talk you can use one of the many free multi-client IM apps since there is no dedicated app for it.

Reactions: Dark_Blu

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes! I will buy it as soon as I know I can switch back to AT&T, I'm buying the iPhone 4S. It's honestly everything I expected it to be. It's a fantastic upgrade from the 4. I'm so glad it hasn't been redesigned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gandhimaster

May 15, 2010
Visit site
i am so pleased that Apple announced the 4s rather than a 5.

I got a white 4 on contract when it was released and i was praying i'd made a good decision, and Siri apart i think i was lucky.

When 5 is released i should be able to upgrade to that one. I think Apple have done enough with this 4s (as they always do) but it won't be enough for me this time.

Nicodm

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is a great upgrade up from the iPhone 4. The hardware is amazing and I think people should be less concerned with how it looks and more how it runs. The only thing i'd agree with being disappointed is not having a bigger screen. A new design would have been nice, how ever what they have given us in the 4S is still pretty great, in my opinion anyway.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Pre-ordering Friday. Redesigned or not, it will still be the best phone out there. You guys that are jumping ship to Android, buy an extra charger and an extended battery when you get it-you'll need it. I know, I had one.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Pre-ordering Friday. Redesigned or not, it will still be the best phone out there. You guys that are jumping ship to Android, buy an extra charger and an extended battery when you get it-you'll need it. I know, I had one.

HAHA! Bro, I don't even think some of the fan-boys on this forum will say that it's 'the best phone out there'. A lot of us PREFER the iPhone, but the iPhone 4s is nowhere near 'the best' and anyone who knows what their talking about will tell you that. I'll never buy another type of phone, but the best? That's laughable

dcdoes

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Yup, my new in two discount came up in august and the only reason I didn't buy a 4 was the upcoming release. I am switching from a DX to iPhone.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
After seeing that curved POS that's getting all the Android fanboys all lathery in the Android section, and hearing from others here that the Google services I need will work on the iPhone, I'm sold. Plus, the music apps I need are all on the iPhone, not Android, so WTH. I've always liked Koolaid. More importantly, I like a phone that I don't have to tinker with to get it to work properly. I have to do enough tinkering with bits of IT kit in my day job. I refuse to do it with a phone beyond December 1st.

Sorry Google, you lost me to an iFondle phone named Siri. LOL!!!! She's a better phone lover than you are. Samsung, bite me. YOU SUCK!!

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
HAHA! Bro, I don't even think some of the fan-boys on this forum will say that it's 'the best phone out there'. A lot of us PREFER the iPhone, but the iPhone 4s is nowhere near 'the best' and anyone who knows what their talking about will tell you that. I'll never buy another type of phone, but the best? That's laughable

The iPhone 4 is the best for people who are not phone nerds and have no time to waste with rooting and hard resets to get a phone to work the way it should. Grape Koolaid to go please!!:)

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
No. I might have if it was a different design, a tad bigger screen, and the 4s upgrades. I'll wait until the next gen iPhone. iOS 5 will definitely hold me over. Can't wait for that on my iPhone 4.

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I will be buying the 4S if i can sell my iP4. Just put it on ebay yesterday evening. Started at $250 w/ "Buy it Now" of $420. Have had it in a case w/ screen protector since the day i bought it. Only shipping in the U.S. if anyone is interested.

Also, i put that i would not accept returns to protect myself from fraud. I have heard to many "horror" stories of iPhone sellers being cheated. I have 100% feedback as both a buyer and seller, so hopefully that won't deter people.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I will be buying the 4S if i can sell my iP4. Just put it on ebay yesterday evening. Started at $250 w/ "Buy it Now" of $420. Have had it in a case w/ screen protector since the day i bought it. Only shipping in the U.S. if anyone is interested.

Also, i put that i would not accept returns to protect myself from fraud. I have heard to many "horror" stories of iPhone sellers being cheated. I have 100% feedback as both a buyer and seller, so hopefully that won't deter people.

Just as an F.Y.I. I sold a Motorola ACTV on eBay and listed it as being for parts and no refunds and the buyer filed a PayPal claim saying the phone didn't work and PayPal refunded the money. So just putting " NO REFUNDS" is no guarantee against being scammed. Take pictures (video is better) of it as you package it and mail it. just to cover your neither regions.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I will probably get a 64gb 4S when it comes time for my upgrade in February. I'd like to be able to put all of my music on my phone and that's not possible with my 16gb iPhone 4.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW