View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPhone?

Voters
391. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

257 65.73%
  • No

134 34.27%
    There is a huge gap between the iPod touch camera and the iPhone camera. Also, the 4S has image stabilization and slightly wider lens. I don't know what type of videos you shoot, but I'd think the 4S is worth the extra $100 over a 2 yr. contract. Just put a dollar a day into a jar for the next 3 months.
    oh, yeah of course. i'm mainly worried about my phone dying on me if i use that primarily during shoots. i use tripods and home-made steadycam rigs so image stabilization isn't much of a deal breaker for me. for photography, i'll definitely be using the iphone 4 primarily....but will leave the video to the ipod touch. i'd still be using both for video shoots, but the iphone will be secondary if i NEED a second angle. maybe that'll change over time when i want the auto-focus of the iphone....but the ipod touch is handling perfectly for what i need it to do.
    10-06-2011 01:09 AM
    oh, yeah of course. i'm mainly worried about my phone dying on me if i use that primarily during shoots. i use tripods and home-made steadycam rigs so image stabilization isn't much of a deal breaker for me. for photography, i'll definitely be using the iphone 4 primarily....but will leave the video to the ipod touch. i'd still be using both for video shoots, but the iphone will be secondary if i NEED a second angle. maybe that'll change over time when i want the auto-focus of the iphone....but the ipod touch is handling perfectly for what i need it to do.
    It's amazing what you can do with a cell phone camera these days. The 4S will be my first iPhone. I'm really looking forward to using the camera for both stills and video. What tripod & mount do you suggest? Something portable enough for a jacket pocket.
    10-06-2011 03:36 AM
    HAHA! Bro, I don't even think some of the fan-boys on this forum will say that it's 'the best phone out there'. A lot of us PREFER the iPhone, but the iPhone 4s is nowhere near 'the best' and anyone who knows what their talking about will tell you that. I'll never buy another type of phone, but the best? That's laughable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, then what is? Enlighten me, I'm always open to learning something new.
    10-06-2011 07:06 AM
    I will definitely be up grading! Twice as fast? heck ya! better battery? even better! more memory? i'll take it! redesigned camera with new optics and new 8mp sensor that records video in 1080p HD? Oh yeah! and new antenna design with smart antenna switching? Nice! plus the siri is looking hella cool! Just wish AT&T would give me upgrade pricing on launch day. currently it looks like I gotta wait till nov. 11th;(

and the best thing of all?....they did NOT mess up the design! I love the way the current iPhone looks and feels. so glad we get another year with the glass and stainless steel design! bigger screen? no thank you, I do not want a bigger phone to carry around.
    That sums it up pretty good.
    10-06-2011 07:49 AM
    I will not be getting a iPhone 4S. I still love my iPhone 4.
    10-06-2011 07:59 AM
    I just realized the much anticipated and needed maps update was missing as well.

Just what on Earth has Apple been doing the past 16 months??? If it took them 16 months for this, and they couldn't even update the maps app, or change the design so people can tell it's the new one, that is shockingly pathetic.
    So, the thing bothering you here is that people can't really tell whether you have the latest iPhone?

I'm buying myself an iPhone because I don't have one. If I had the 3GS I would buy a new one, if I had the 4 I probably wouldn't. I'm not at all dissapointed with 4S, I think mainly Apple should have a say what the iPhone should be like, not the users. Plus, some expected so much of Apple and now they are dissapointed. Why? For blowing this thing up way out of it's proportions. Just be happy with what you get, if you don't like it, just don't buy it
    10-06-2011 08:05 AM
    So, the thing bothering you here is that people can't really tell whether you have the latest iPhone?

I'm buying myself an iPhone because I don't have one. If I had the 3GS I would buy a new one, if I had the 4 I probably wouldn't. I'm not at all dissapointed with 4S, I think mainly Apple should have a say what the iPhone should be like, not the users. Plus, some expected so much of Apple and now they are dissapointed. Why? For blowing this thing up way out of it's proportions. Just be happy with what you get, if you don't like it, just don't buy it
    Yeah, he just wants to show off.... How pathetic !!!
    10-06-2011 08:18 AM
    Yes absolutely, my BB9650 is dying a slow death.
    10-06-2011 10:02 AM
    Yes, I will be buying the iPhone 4S.

I currently have the original Motorola Droid. I got it on Day 1 and the camera is horrible, so I am looking forward to the new iPhone 4S. I also purchased my first Apple product earlier this year when I got an iPad 2 and got my son an iPod Touch. I am now sold on Apple products.

I was seriously considering the new Droid Bionic, but I was very frustrated with my Droid locking up and forcing me to shut down all the time. It also would get incredibly slow until a reboot. Add the fact that I can use all the current apps I have for my iPad (the Universal ones) and my son's iPod AND the upgraded camera and 1080 video - I am getting one!

Once the LTE iPhone 5 comes out I will give my wife my 4S and get myself the 5.
    10-06-2011 12:49 PM
    I voted "No" earlier, but now I have the motivation to upgrade. My daughter (grown) wants to replace her 3GS with a new model, but can't afford the new phone. I have offered her my slightly used iPhone 4 (32GB) and will upgrade to the iPhone 4S. All it will cost her is her upgrade slot with AT&T.
    10-06-2011 01:40 PM
    Wish there was an undecided option....
    10-06-2011 01:57 PM
    Went back-and-forth in my mind, but I drive a LOT and SIRI helped me decide. Ordering early Friday morning, CDT - everyone stay off the Apple Store App, pretty please?
    10-06-2011 02:00 PM
    I'll buy one... I really wanted the redesigned and mythical iPhone 5, but I'm tired of buggy Android phones.. I'm excited to join the flock...
    10-06-2011 02:06 PM
    Yep now that it is on sprint going to stay up late and preorder at midnight tonight!!!
    10-06-2011 02:09 PM
    I want to but, Ill have to wait till my AT&T contract is up. Might be switching to Verizon.
    After speaking with people I know with the 4, the 3GS, and who don't have an iPhone at all, it's clear the latter two are buying the 4S, and us 4 owners are waiting for something better. I'm the kind of person that always wants something new, so I think for now I'm going to try out the HTC Holiday. I wanna try out Chicago 4G.

I think iOS 5 will make it difficult for me to leave, but there are still some features (better Maps, the ability to add photos to Email within the app) that need an upgrade. Furthermore, the home button malfunctioning on the 4 seems to be a well known problem, and I can only assume it will carry on to the 4S.

I'll be back, Apple.
    I'm planning on buying it. I am currently on Sprint (been with them since 2001 - no complaints!) and use Palm Pre. Although I believe that WebOS is a very fine OS, with HP messing things up with Pre 3, I want to adopt iOS now, as I absolutely hate Android phones. Also, I didn't want to leave Sprint, so I am excited about iPhone 4S coming to the carrier!
    10-06-2011 02:11 PM
    I will be buying the new iPhone 4S. I still don't understand why people are upset or disappointed about not getting a completely new redesigned iPhone like the much anticipated iPhone 5. Personally, I love what Apple is doing. iPhone users are used to a new phone every year but is that really necessary? This gives new iPhone users like me a chance to use our phones without worrying about buying a completely new redesigned device less than a year after the purchase. I love gadgets and the Apple brand and that is why I will be buying the 4S if I don't win it on TiPB. At the same time, I understand why people will either buy it or not buy it. Everyone has their own reasons.
    10-06-2011 02:12 PM
    Yes if subsidized. No if not. ATT come on why am I not eligible. [sad face]
    10-06-2011 02:13 PM
    Personally I was disappointed with the fact there was no iPhone 5 with tear drop shape because it is beautiful! But I do like the 4's design and with the upgrades I think it is worth it. Especially Siri if it wasn't for that I would not upgrade.
    10-06-2011 02:17 PM
    I'm always anxious to try out the new apple product.
    10-06-2011 02:19 PM
    Not really too sure. I really like the sound of the Nexus Prime by Samsung and I am already used to Android. But the 4S seems pretty compelling considering I never owned an iPhone before.
    10-06-2011 02:19 PM
    Yes, 1st iPhone ever. Sad to say bye bye to my Palm Pre+. We have had a good run. But time to move on....
    10-06-2011 02:25 PM
    There's a lot of upgrades and sprint availability makes the whole package attractive. Sure there's not a new body style but the internal upgrades are definitely a plus...especially if the RAM is upgraded.
    10-06-2011 02:26 PM
    I dont care i want it and i want it now!!!
    10-06-2011 02:34 PM
297 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD