Is this the iPhone 4S?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am not upgrading to whatever Apple brings out on the 4th. Just give me iOS 5.....:)

It's yours! No charge. And you'll probably get it before even the new iPhone comes out. Your "old" iPhone 4 effectively becomes a new iPhone with loads of new features: improved notifications, iMessage, integrated Twitter, Newsstand, Reminders, PhotoStream, camera from the lock screen, tabbed browsing, reading list, iCloud, WiFi Sync and possibly improved voice commands & voice to text. You probably won't get the Siri/Assistant capability, but what you end up with should feel pretty jazzed up.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe apple put that 4s In iTunes just to mess with people lol n pulled it just to mess with you more lol I would do it just saying

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Maybe apple put that 4s In iTunes just to mess with people lol n pulled it just to mess with you more lol I would do it just saying

Far-fetched but I honestly wouldn't be surprised haha...

All the '4S' leaks could be carefully placed so that everyone will be truly wowed when they see a redesigned iPhone on the 4th. :p

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It's yours! No charge. And you'll probably get it before even the new iPhone comes out. Your "old" iPhone 4 effectively becomes a new iPhone with loads of new features: improved notifications, iMessage, integrated Twitter, Newsstand, Reminders, PhotoStream, camera from the lock screen, tabbed browsing, reading list, iCloud, WiFi Sync and possibly improved voice commands & voice to text. You probably won't get the Siri/Assistant capability, but what you end up with should feel pretty jazzed up.

iOS 5 does indeed give you the feel of a new phone. i really hope that newsstand can go into a folder. it's driving me nuts!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
iOS 5 does indeed give you the feel of a new phone. i really hope that newsstand can go into a folder. it's driving me nuts!

I have learned to ignore it but hey maybe when some publications are available we might like it, you never know.

I hope apple eventually changes it though so that if you don't have any newsstand titles it doesn't show up.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
And millions more will buy Android phones, I didn't wait 16 months to buy another iPhone 4 with a spec bump, that would be utterly pathetic for the world's most valuable company. The iPhone 4suck is what they should call it, or 4suckers cause that's the only people who will buy it.

The big question now is, will Apple become the next RIM? "Just good enough" doesn't cut it in this market.

Where do the lines start for the Nexus Prime?

And btw, just what in the hell have they been doing the last two years over at Apple? They could have put this turd together in a week.

You realize all of us here are a minority right? The normal consumer doesn't care. They just know it's the newest and best from Apple. Apple is well aware of this. The 4S will be the best selling phone for the unforeseeable future. Name one iPhone that hasn't been. Can't do it...

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
You realize all of us here are a minority right? The normal consumer doesn't care. They just know it's the newest and best from Apple. Apple is well aware of this. The 4S will be the best selling phone for the unforeseeable future. Name one iPhone that hasn't been. Can't do it...

Good point but consumers now have much more options to go instead of the iPhone and some of them are pretty compelling like the Samsung Galaxy S II... Most consumers aren't Apple fans like we are..

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there will be an iPhone5 - will it be announced on Tuesday?? That is the great unknown. That thing on Cin-Bell could just be a placeholder they labeled "iPhone5" and will most likely be replaced with whatever the real thing is upon the announcement.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Apple wouldn't be stupid enough to leak the new iPhone themselves. This 4S was leaked because it's not the big news, nobody cares about a 4S.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, there will be an iPhone5 - will it be announced on Tuesday?? That is the great unknown. That thing on Cin-Bell could just be a placeholder they labeled "iPhone5" and will most likely be replaced with whatever the real thing is upon the announcement.

Yep, could just be a placeholder.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
And I'm being serious, it took them almost 2 years to pop in a different camera sensor and A5 chip? Seriously? And people consider this innovative or groundbreaking??

But if it looks different and has the same internal changes you'd think it's better? I really don't understand that way of thinking.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
And I'm being serious, it took them almost 2 years to pop in a different camera sensor and A5 chip? Seriously? And people consider this innovative or groundbreaking??

So what does it take for you (not "you" personally, but the average iPhone user) to swap platforms? I'm serious when I ask that. I understand the frustration, but lots of people are voicing their anger/frustration with what they perceive to be lack of innovation - but they keep buying iPhones.

So, again, I ask, what would make you leave the iOS platform for Android, or Windows Phone?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
So what does it take for you (not "you" personally, but the average iPhone user) to swap platforms? I'm serious when I ask that. I understand the frustration, but lots of people are voicing their anger/frustration with what they perceive to be lack of innovation - but they keep buying iPhones.

So, again, I ask, what would make you leave the iOS platform for Android, or Windows Phone?

Who are you, Eric Schmidt? Haha.. :p

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
1. Apple is not RIM. They made huge advances in iOS 5 this year, and iOS 4 was already the most stable and intuitive OS out there (and, with the iPod touch and iPad, the most successful mobile OS). They are not getting complacent. Apple could re-release the iPhone 4 exactly as-is, and make it available in just 2 new colours. You can bet your life's savings that there would be line ups as far as the eye can see.

I agree it's the most fluid and all that, but for how long? I just don't see a company that thinks it can rest on past success forever staying #1 forever. I also find it funny that the one thing that would confuse the masses into buying a new phone (a new design) is the thing they aren't doing. It's only us tech geeks on websites like these that know what an A5 chip is, or 1 gig of ram. When Sally soccer mom walks into an Apple store to buy the new iPhone and she can't tell it apart from her old one, why would she upgrade?

I know for sure I will not be lining up to buy this "4S", and I know many other people who won't be either, look across all the Apple blogs, you'll see a vast majority is not happy at all and will not burn an upgrade on this overdue dud. Now when the iPhone 4 came out I couldn't wait to buy it, neither could millions of people, I don't see anywhere near that level of excitement this time, especially with more and more people buying Android phones. Just because something happened in the past doesn't ensure it will again in the future, especially when you take out the reasons for that success.

2. Nowhere. You will find it very easy to be first in line wherever you choose for the next Android hero. People don't have the time or the money to line up again and again every 3 months.

Good, I won't have to wait:D As a consumer, long lines and big sales mean squat.

3. Apple actually takes time to develop their products. Each new device is a real commitment for Apple. And, in what world is 16 months 2 years? It's 1.3 years... Talk about rounding up!

Well I've read Apple starts working on new phones 24 months before they come out, so that would mean it took them 2 years to come up with a spec bump.

Personally if there isn't a redesigned iPhone, my thought is that there was, but they couldn't reach the demand or there was manufacturing issues. There is always the possibility though that Apple is being so secretive that even the people leaking these rumours truly believe there is only a 4S, meanwhile Apple's higher-ups are plotting for the iPhone 5 release.

I really hope so, with what happened last year with Gizmodo you'd think Apple would go nuts this time with secrecy and mis-information, that's what I expected them to do, so I wouldn't be all that surprised if they leaked BS to throw everyone off. It's too easy, all they have to do is leak info on this 4S and the internet does the rest, while keeping the true new iPhone under wraps. If the iPhone 4 hadn't been lost in that bar we wouldn't have known what it looked like until Steve Jobs pulled it out of his pocket. So I don't see why people think it's impossible for it to happen. And like I've said in the past, if other companies that are far less skilled and valuable than Apple can pump out dozens of phones every year, Apple can certainly build one. A 4S would mean what? They laid off the entire hardware division?:eek:

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
A year from today Apple will be weeks away from reporting over $150 billion in revenue. RIM will be lucky to hold steady at $20 billion.

Or it could be less because not nearly as many people want a another iPhone 4 when the competition has left Apple in the dust. People need to also realize that whatever Apple puts out this month will have to compete until at least this time next year, and there are phones coming out that are going to be absolute beasts, and will make this "4S" look like a toy. Most of my friends and family have already switched over to Android or Windows phones, and not one of them wants another iPhone unless they substantially upgrade with things like a bigger screen.

Apple has other things to fall back on, my bringing up RIM had nothing to do with revenue, and everything to do with phones. Nobody wants a new Blackberry because they got complacent, stopped innovating, and let Apple take over. I hope Apple doesn't make that same mistake. And eventually, that will eat into profits.

Any lines for the Prime will be short and short lived. It's expected to be announced Oct. 11th, right? Will it hit the shelves right away? The next iPhone is expected to hit the shelves sometime between Oct. 14-25. Do you seriously believe the lines for the Prime will come anywhere close to lines for the 5th gen iPhone?

Nor will their be lines for the Next Ferrari supercar, yet I'll take that over a Toyota Corolla.

Let's come back to this post in 3 weeks.

You have to realize that corporate profits and long lines do squat for the consumer, Apple could start selling Apple branded dog turds and I swear people would think it somehow benefits them as long as they make a profit.

Apple could sell 50 billion 4S's, what does that do for you or me? I don't own Apple stock, all I care about is a new and improved phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro