Is this the iPhone 4S?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've been saying it for months. Yes it is. Maybe now people will give up on the mythical "iPhone 5". Doesn't exist people. The 4S is the one phone Apple is releasing this year.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
ha sucks for all those who thought it would be a redesign. Will be interesting to see if it is indeed only a minor upgrade how that goes over with people and investors.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
68 hours and counting. This will not be a minor upgrade even if the physical form factor remains the same.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
so far i see no reason to wait on hold for hours to pre-order or stand in a line. if Tuesday does not impress i'll hold onto my upgrade and be happy with iOS 5

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I am kind of indifferent at this point. I have been dreaming about an aluminum back for a long time but I have really enjoyed my iPhone 4 and I'm sure this will be a significant enough upgrade without a visual change. The processor and RAM alone are enough to make me upgrade, I assume the antenna will be changed as well, and that's a good thing (Martha Stewart trolololo).

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been saying it for months. Yes it is. Maybe now people will give up on the mythical "iPhone 5". Doesn't exist people. The 4S is the one phone Apple is releasing this year.

And millions more will buy Android phones, I didn't wait 16 months to buy another iPhone 4 with a spec bump, that would be utterly pathetic for the world's most valuable company. The iPhone 4suck is what they should call it, or 4suckers cause that's the only people who will buy it.

The big question now is, will Apple become the next RIM? "Just good enough" doesn't cut it in this market.

Where do the lines start for the Nexus Prime?

And btw, just what in the hell have they been doing the last two years over at Apple? They could have put this turd together in a week.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to add, the iPhone 4 handles iOS 5 just fine, we don't need to buy a new phone and sign another contract to run it. And an 8mp camera sounds like a downgrade in a tiny cell phone camera lens.

This will be one of Apple's biggest if not the biggest stinker's ever, count on it unless that 5 is hidden somewhere.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Since I have Verizon I have only had the 4 since may so I am curious what the new one will be like but won't be that bummed if it's a 4S. I am more looking forward to the new iOS then anything.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The big question now is, will Apple become the next RIM? "Just good enough" doesn't cut it in this market.

Where do the lines start for the Nexus Prime?

And btw, just what in the hell have they been doing the last two years over at Apple? They could have put this turd together in a week.

1. Apple is not RIM. They made huge advances in iOS 5 this year, and iOS 4 was already the most stable and intuitive OS out there (and, with the iPod touch and iPad, the most successful mobile OS). They are not getting complacent. Apple could re-release the iPhone 4 exactly as-is, and make it available in just 2 new colours. You can bet your life's savings that there would be line ups as far as the eye can see.

2. Nowhere. You will find it very easy to be first in line wherever you choose for the next Android hero. People don't have the time or the money to line up again and again every 3 months.

3. Apple actually takes time to develop their products. Each new device is a real commitment for Apple. And, in what world is 16 months 2 years? It's 1.3 years... Talk about rounding up!

Personally if there isn't a redesigned iPhone, my thought is that there was, but they couldn't reach the demand or there was manufacturing issues. There is always the possibility though that Apple is being so secretive that even the people leaking these rumours truly believe there is only a 4S, meanwhile Apple's higher-ups are plotting for the iPhone 5 release.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
1. Apple is not RIM. They made huge advances in iOS 5 this year, and iOS 4 was already the most stable and intuitive OS out there (and, with the iPod touch and iPad, the most successful mobile OS). They are not getting complacent. Apple could re-release the iPhone 4 exactly as-is, and make it available in just 2 new colours. You can bet your life's savings that there would be line ups as far as the eye can see.

2. Nowhere. You will find it very easy to be first in line wherever you choose for the next Android hero. People don't have the time or the money to line up again and again every 3 months.

3. Apple actually takes time to develop their products. Each new device is a real commitment for Apple. And, in what world is 16 months 2 years? It's 1.3 years... Talk about rounding up!

Personally if there isn't a redesigned iPhone, my thought is that there was, but they couldn't reach the demand or there was manufacturing issues. There is always the possibility though that Apple is being so secretive that even the people leaking these rumours truly believe there is only a 4S, meanwhile Apple's higher-ups are plotting for the iPhone 5 release.
If they don't have an i5 its because they know they can get away with a minor upgrade and people will still buy it not because they can't meet demand or anything like that. That is all marketing ploy.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Please tell me you're kidding! What about the iPhone 5 cases showing up at AT&T stores? I'll be so bummed out if there is only a 4S this year.:(

Theophany

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
If they don't have an i5 its because they know they can get away with a minor upgrade and people will still buy it not because they can't meet demand or anything like that. That is all marketing ploy.

Apple doesn't do that. In the new Steve Jobs era (ie iMac on), Apple doesn't release something they know is **** because they think they can get away with it. Every flop that Apple has had in the past 10 years (AppleTV, MobileMe, etc) has been upgraded at some point to the point that it's a valuable service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR