i plan on getting whatever new iphone comes out next week. from what i read it's going to be announced tuesday and mabye a week later come out to purchase. question is are these iphones going to be sold out for a couple months once they are released? or will i be able to walk into a bell store or some other phone carrier and pick one up the next day or two after being released?

i'm moving on from my blackberry and want to try out the iphone i got someone taking over my current contract with my blackberry but i don't want to give up my current phone untill i get the new iphone as i use them for work and such.

thanks guys.
    10-01-2011 11:44 AM
    Honestly they may be hard to come by if you miss the first initial batch. In the past there may have been a few week wait if you order but you can always keep checking the local stores as they usually get stock frequently.
    10-01-2011 12:04 PM
    It will likely be sold out for at least 2 weeks and then it will be in pretty short supply. A few days after the announcement, call Bell and ask about ordering. You may be able to get it for the release date.
    Last edited by Jellotime91; 10-01-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    10-01-2011 12:04 PM
    It will also depend on the kind of (r)evolution Apple will propose.
    We can imagine that if it's an iPhone "4S", there will be much less demand compared to a really innovative iPhone 5 ...

So short supply for sure, but more or less ;-)
    --
    iPhone 4, iPad 2, MBA 13 " & app bargain hunter @ AppiDay : free and discounted iPhone and iPad applications
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-01-2011 03:20 PM
    It will likely be sold out for at least 2 weeks and then it will be in pretty short supply. A few days after the announcement, call Bell and ask about ordering. You may be able to get it for the release date.
    If it is a 4s I could see the supply to be a little higher than if they announce an i5.
    10-01-2011 03:21 PM
    ah ok. so once announced i may be able to "pre-order" aswell?
    10-01-2011 03:41 PM
    It will also depend on the kind of (r)evolution Apple will propose.
    We can imagine that if it's an iPhone "4S", there will be much less demand compared to a really innovative iPhone 5 ...

So short supply for sure, but more or less ;-)
    --
    iPhone 4, iPad 2, MBA 13 " & app bargain hunter @ AppiDay : free and discounted iPhone and iPad applications
    I highly doubt the "4S" would have any trouble outselling the iPhone 4. It would be amazing if Apple has somehow managed to keep up with even bigger demand than they had last year (which, they could not keep up with at all).
    10-01-2011 07:45 PM
    I highly doubt the "4S" would have any trouble outselling the iPhone 4. It would be amazing if Apple has somehow managed to keep up with even bigger demand than they had last year (which, they could not keep up with at all).
    If it does outsell the 4, I think it will be because of the multiple carriers. I just can't see the majority of people who own iPhone 4's on At&t upgrading to the same phone.
    10-01-2011 08:04 PM
    If it does outsell the 4, I think it will be because of the multiple carriers. I just can't see the majority of people who own iPhone 4's on At&t upgrading to the same phone.
    Well, the USA is not the only country in the world. I don't think adding it on Sprint will really effect it that much, actually... The iPhone 4 launch in Verizon wasn't even very big, shockingly.

The polls are already showing more people than ever before ready to buy the next iPhone, and especially with iMessage and all the blackberry users finally defecting from the platform... This iPhone is gonna be a big one, regardless.
    10-01-2011 08:07 PM
    Well, the USA is not the only country in the world. I don't think adding it on Sprint will really effect it that much, actually... The iPhone 4 launch in Verizon wasn't even very big, shockingly.

The polls are already showing more people than ever before ready to buy the next iPhone, and especially with iMessage and all the blackberry users finally defecting from the platform... This iPhone is gonna be a big one, regardless.
    The iPhone 4 launch for Verizon wasn't a big deal because everyone knew they were going to come out with another device within the year, so people for Verizon held off. I also think those polls are reflective of the anticipation of an iPhone 5 not an iPhone 4s.
    10-01-2011 08:19 PM

iMessage has nothing to do with the new phone, it is in iOS5. So people on the iPhone 4 can still use it.

The iPhone 4 launch for Verizon wasn't a big deal because everyone knew they were going to come out with another device within the year, so people for Verizon held off. I also think those polls are reflective of the anticipation of an iPhone 5 not an iPhone 4s.
    I agree, the polls are people wanting an iPhone 5, not an iPhone 4 with small upgrades.
    10-01-2011 08:26 PM
    iMessage has nothing to do with the new phone, it is in iOS5. So people on the iPhone 4 can still use it.
    Uh, it doesn't matter. The people who have blackberrys have still been waiting for the new iPhone to upgrade, and the general public doesn't know about iMessage yet. iPhone 4 isn't taking sales from iPhone 5.

I wouldn't consider dual-core, 1GB ram, backlit sensor camera, 64GB storage, etc. small upgrades... And whatever they do, Apple is going to spin it in a way that it is amazing in terms of marketing. Make no mistake, this iPhone is going to sell even more than the iPhone 4 did, and I'd bet big money on that prediction.

It may not best the 4 to the same degree that the 4 bested the 3GS, but it will.
    10-01-2011 08:50 PM
    Uh, it doesn't matter. The people who have blackberrys have still been waiting for the new iPhone to upgrade, and the general public doesn't know about iMessage yet. iPhone 4 isn't taking sales from iPhone 5.

I wouldn't consider dual-core, 1GB ram, backlit sensor camera, 64GB storage, etc. small upgrades... And whatever they do, Apple is going to spin it in a way that it is amazing in terms of marketing. Make no mistake, this iPhone is going to sell even more than the iPhone 4 did, and I'd bet big money on that prediction.

It may not best the 4 to the same degree that the 4 bested the 3GS, but it will.
    How is the general public not aware of iMessage? It was on Apple's Keynote as well as their website and I'm sure anyone interested in the new phone has watched it or seen the highlights...

Apple - iOS 5 - See new features included in iOS 5.

I'm sure it will sell I just figured they would do a re-design since it's been 1.5yr since the last phone. Didn't realize it took 1.5yr for a major company to add 1GB of RAM, a camera other phones have and a dual-core.

Either way, I'm sure this thing will fly out of stores once available
    10-01-2011 09:26 PM
    I think it depends on what phone we see, if it's just like an iPhone 4s it might be easier to dind
    10-01-2011 10:14 PM
    Wouldn't you want to upgrade on AT&T for the 21+Mb/s data change if true? I know that would make a difference to me.
    10-01-2011 10:21 PM
    How is the general public not aware of iMessage? It was on Apple's Keynote as well as their website and I'm sure anyone interested in the new phone has watched it or seen the highlights...

Apple - iOS 5 - See new features included in iOS 5.

I'm sure it will sell I just figured they would do a re-design since it's been 1.5yr since the last phone. Didn't realize it took 1.5yr for a major company to add 1GB of RAM, a camera other phones have and a dual-core.

Either way, I'm sure this thing will fly out of stores once available
    They aren't! Remember, the general public doesn't check for these things! They don't know about them until they see an ad TV. Most of my friends are young, somewhat tech-savvy people, and a good majority of them don't know yet about iOS 5's new features.

3.5 months is now half a year! The earth must've gotten a lot closer to the sun, then!
    10-01-2011 10:55 PM
    If you don't get it the first day, you'll have to wait a little bit. They may have some stock at random locations, but it may not be what you want...say a 16gb white one.
    10-01-2011 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD