iPhone 5 64GB Speculation

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
since they didnt have a 32 gb model then price did increase. It didnt stay the same as the 16 gb so how can you say they didnt increase the price when it was 100 more on and off contract. I guess that isnt changing the price.:rolleyes:

No, it didn't.

iPhone 3G 16GB was $299 on contract. I lined up at 5:30AM on July 11th, 2008 and waited for more than 8 hours to have it activated. I remember that day very vividly. If you don't trust me, go look it up on Wikipedia. It was 8GB (black only) $199, 16GB (Black or White) $299.

The highest capacity iPhone has never been lower than $299.

Get your facts straight before you roll your eyes at me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No, it didn't.

iPhone 3G 16GB was $299 on contract. I lined up at 5:30AM on July 11th, 2008 and waited for more than 8 hours to have it activated. I remember that day very vividly. If you don't trust me, go look it up on Wikipedia. It was 8GB (black only) $199, 16GB (Black or White) $299.

The highest capacity iPhone has never been lower than $299.

Get your facts straight before you roll your eyes at me.

So back when the 3g was released the full retail was $699???

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Offering a 64GB iPhone would be the proper way to allow the iPod Classic to go the way of the dinosaurs.

The cost of phone services i think are a huge deterrant to those that just need a music player. Like i don't have an iphone currently but i've had an ipod for many years. And you're talking about adding 2 grand to the cost of the device simply because it's a phone in extra charges. unlocked you're upping the cost probably 300 bucks. I think your perspective is find for just those people that already want to buy an iphone. But that's a narrow view. There are many people that won't buy iphones or use a network w/o iphones or kids, or want a gaming device. offering a much more expensive phone and plan isn't a viable alternative.

the other think is capacity. the classic offere 160 gbs of storaged. my very old ipod has at least 80. i think 64 is ok for a phone but if you want a music jukebox or something this won't hold all your music. I mean my total collection is just over 130 gbs. so for people that want capacity a 64 gb device is short storage and that's a deterrant on top of the others listed above.

i'm not saying they won't discontinue it. i'm just saying there are plenty of people for where you're solution doesn't adequately address their needs. Like i have an ipod for my car. all i does is store music instead of a cd changer. I'm not paying a verizon monthly fee just to have that in my car an never make calls or use data. Thus if a phone was the only option i'd probably look for other options.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I really hope it does have a 64 GB option.

It would be nice to be able to put ALL of my music on the iPhone AND have some space left over for movies, TV shows, etc.
It would give me something to watch while I do cardio.
Or it could entertain the kids.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
This, I don't doubt. Of course they're doing 64gb. At least that's what everyone, including reputable sources are saying. Upgrading the guts is welcome. A redesign though, for me, is not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This, I don't doubt. Of course they're doing 64gb. At least that's what everyone, including reputable sources are saying. Upgrading the guts is welcome. A redesign though, for me, is not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've gotta be the only phandroid on here who doesn't want a redesigned iPhone. :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox